McDonald's leaving the parks?

Even with 4 kids, I think only one time at Epcot, we have even had anything from any Mcd's inside the parks. In 5 visits, maybe we have bought 8 nuggets total for a snack. Dont care either way about this one.

daliseurat

Great...taking away one more food that I can count carbs in for my type 1 diabetic son. Disney Dining Services has never been friendly to diabetics. They have a VERY short list of stuff they can tell you carb and sugar counts in--three of which were chicken strips, mac and cheese, and McDonald's nuggets and fries.

Really? I'm surprised you can't get better info out of Disney. That's very disappointing to hear. I hope you write some letters of complaint or call to get some better info for your son.

daliseurat

YIPE! I hadn't thought about McDonalds being replaced by a DIFFERENT fast food service. If they were just going to be replaced by a Burger King or Wendys, I change my vote. Just keep McDonalds. I just want ALL of those type things out of the park. Disney needs to make their OWN versions of fast foods, only better.

elizs77

My son gets enough McD's at home in normal life. I thought it was kind of sad actually to see so much McD's stuff on our '06 trip. I think of Disney as an escape, and that includes an escape from stuff like McD's. We had it for lunch today, so it's not like we don't go there, but I certainly wouldn't frequent it at all at Disney.

To each his own, but not a problem for us if they leave.

maelstrom

Seriously, are they trying to make me starve to death?! No more chicken strips, no more McDonald's french fries... if they get rid of pizza, I'll have to start bringing my own food!

Spyne

I'm not crying over McDonald's going away. I'm actually happy, because I gave up on fast food (McDonald's, Wendy's, Dunkin' Donuts to name a few) for more healthy eating. Now given I'll probably splurge a teeny bit when I'm at WDW, but I can stand not having McDonald's there.

mickey&me

Really? I'm surprised you can't get better info out of Disney. That's very disappointing to hear. I hope you write some letters of complaint or call to get some better info for your son.

Disney's response to my inquiries was "Let him eat whatever he eats at home." Since I cook for him at home, that's impossible. Their second response was "You can ask to speak with the chef, who will be very accommodating." True, but that limits my family to only TS meals--very expensive and time-consuming. When I ask about seeing packaging, sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. It's rather disappointing that Disney is so cavalier about a severe health issue suffered by guests. It's not a matter to us of preference but of necessity.

cabihler

good bye mickey d's YEAH

personally i do not think that mickey d's show have ever been in WDW. they certainly do not fit the appearance or experiences of going to WDW to enjoy different things then you can get at home. kick them out and bring back the Welch's Grape Juices stand that was at the corner across from Smallworld and Pinochico's. i would think with all of the creative minds at WDW it would be an easy thing to replace them with something original to WDW and enjoyable.

bhg469

Chik-fil-A would be nice, but they have a corporate policy to close on Sunday's which would probably preclude them from the WDW lineup.

That is such a wacky policy, we don't have them here but i knew of this practice. I believe that this will change when the origional owner isn't around anymore.

elizs77

That is such a wacky policy, we don't have them here but i knew of this practice. I believe that this will change when the origional owner isn't around anymore.

The policy is to allow all employees time with their family, attend church if they so choose and to rest. Seeing that this is a family owned company, I don't think it will ever change. And I totally respect them for making this type of business decision.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The policy is to allow all employees time with their family, attend church if they so choose and to rest. Seeing that this is a family owned company, I don't think it will ever change. And I totally respect them for making this type of business decision.

It's their policy and I respect them for it, however I don't think it would go over very well in a theme park environment.

elizs77

It's their policy and I respect them for it, however I don't think it would go over very well in a theme park environment.

I'm not endorsing Chick fil A at the park. Actually, I don't think they should have any big name fast food (please see earlier post). I was just responding to a prior poster about the Closed on Sunday policy.

dpunky

I would love for Disney to bring in Boardwalk Fries if they decide to drop McDonald's from the parks. I love boardwalk style fries :)

Timmay

To get some different food other than that which I can find on every street corner of America!

Goodbye McDonald's, Welcome Back some Disney original food!

I am sorry, but Disney park food is no different that what you find in any cafe, lunch room, pizza place, burger joint or taco house on the very same street corners that McDonald's resides.

Stop kidding yourself.

sknydave

Well some of it is good.. Like the harbor house, noodle station, ABC comissionary, etc. I also like the food at The Land

daliseurat

I am sorry, but Disney park food is no different that what you find in any cafe, lunch room, pizza place, burger joint or taco house on the very same street corners that McDonald's resides.

Stop kidding yourself.

I beg to differ. Disney's FAST FOOD may be fairly similar to many places outside of Disney, with a few exceptions, but Disney also offers a vast array of very interesting and distinct food that you probably won't find in your local area. And you certainly won't find this much variety anywhere else. EPCOT alone boasts an amazing array of restaurants in WORLD SHOWCASE.

When I go to Disney I look forward to eating food that I can only get there. Some outstanding examples are Restaurant Marrakesh, Le Cellier, Ashkerhus, Bistro de Paris and the entire FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL. SCi-Fi dine-in, Flame Tree BBQ, Tusker House...and don't forget the resorts...BOMA, OHANA, CALIFORNIA GRILL. Hey, I live in New York. I have lots and lots of amazing food to choose from. And I still look forward to Disney for food. Because they have some things I can't get here.

But perhaps you are only talking about Disney's FAST FOOD. Some of that specific stuff, like nuggets, hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza, yes. Nothing special about it at Disney. And actually, I don't eat any of that because i can get much better versions somewhere else. Although people have been pointing out some good burgers... However, Disney must be doing SOME things differently because people are very upset over the CHICKEN STRIPS being changed. Apparently they are something you can't get somewhere else. And what about a DOLE WHIP? Can't get that anywhere else. And there's a ton of interesting CS in Epcot. And that is what I mean when I want Disney to do more DISNEY food. At Disneyland they have my all time favorite food at the BENGAL BBQ in ADVENTURELAND. It's grilled chicken or beef on a stick with amazing sauces. Can't get those ANYWHERE else. I'd love to see WDW bring those in.

And I still don't want to smell McDonalds at Disney. It cheapens the experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom