Pre-Trip May The Force Be With Us...

May The Force Be With Us

…because I am going to need all the help I can get!

I know, I know, I took forever to finish my Sept 18 TR and now it feels like this trip is right around the corner!

IMG_8380.jpg

The Who:

Come on… you should know us by now.

01296608-D09C-4F7D-891F-2E2AB23B0A4A.jpeg

Me aka mom – who takes 10 months to finish writing a trip report.

IMG_4546.JPG

Ross aka Grumpy aka the Croc-less wonder. My wonderful Mickey ears wearing, husband of 27 years who I want to kill after spending a week 24/7 with him. (He spent a decent portion of this trip snoozing.)

97C95C90-5B3A-42DA-A455-C89782CB49EE.jpeg

Hope aka The Hopester – my baby girl who is now what Disney Dining considers an adult. Diagnosed with Autism and Sensory stuff, but has come so far.

Look how little she was...

IMG_8377.jpg

And now - my Disney adult. lol

C2EAED25-1880-4502-84B7-E89BEB61E2C0.jpeg

Julia aka Sissy. My 17 year old daughter – I don’t know how that happened. She was 6 the first time she went to Disney and now she is 17 and is a beautiful young lady and I can’t stand it!

67EE26BA-3DB4-4EEB-8104-96E625287A64.jpeg

Can I go back to when she wore Tinkerbell wings constantly?

IMG_8374.jpg

IMG_8375.jpg

IMG_8376.jpg

The When:

September 5th – September 21st We are splurging with another long trip. I managed to sign Julia up for a couple of late sprint classes at college, so she can get away with missing the beginning of September, but this may be it for us, as far as September trips go. 😢

The Where:

September 5th – 7th AoA – LM room

September 7th – 21st POP

The Shenanigans:

Well, we are already dealing with 2 issues that could make for some good trip report drama. Would you expect any less from us?

BeautyBelle

We had the same thing happen when they announced opening dates. We are going September 3-12 and thought we would have one last quiet lazy trip before the SW:GE and 50th anniversary celebrations began. My sometimes cranky husband initially freaked and wanted to cancel but I told him my daughter and I are going regardless so he got back onboard 🙂

Spash007

You know I'm in! I love your planning notebook - I tend to plan Disney more on the computer (so I can easily erase things (and do things at work and pretend they're work.... :angelic:)), but I also love hand writing things down because it really helps me remember them and think about them deeper. I think it's a muscle memory/muscle to mind connection thing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You know I'm in! I love your planning notebook - I tend to plan Disney more on the computer (so I can easily erase things (and do things at work and pretend they're work.... :angelic:)), but I also love hand writing things down because it really helps me remember them and think about them deeper. I think it's a muscle memory/muscle to mind connection thing.

Just a weird nerdy tidbit I picked up about writing things down. I read an article in one of my education magazines and they had done a study about writing and verbally studying/notetaking and they found that on average writing something down once was equivalent to saying it 9 times. So according to this study you'd be right about that memory/muscle thing. I thought that was kind of cool, and now when my students complain about writing I tell them that fact. They don't think it is as cool as I do.:)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Are you guys thinking of going to SWGE really early one day? Like the insanity of 6AM??
I don't think so... but it depends on how the crowds are trending... we won't stand in line for it... I wish they would come out and say how they are going to crowd manage at WDW.

We might go early one of our days, depending on how the opening plays out. I typically wake up at 5 am every weekday anyway, so it wouldn't be completely abnormal.

@Rista1313 From what I can tell, their extra extra magic hours ARE their crowd control methods they're deploying for this. Nothing else.

Rista1313

We might go early one of our days, depending on how the opening plays out. I typically wake up at 5 am every weekday anyway, so it wouldn't be completely abnormal.

@Rista1313 From what I can tell, their extra extra magic hours ARE their crowd control methods they're deploying for this. Nothing else.

I think that's kinda crazy. Give us a virtual line, give us something other than grief!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I'm in! Looking forward to your Star Wars adventures!
Thank you!!

Thanks for my morning coffee read 😉
My pleasure.

I don't think so... but it depends on how the crowds are trending... we won't stand in line for it... I wish they would come out and say how they are going to crowd manage at WDW.
We may try one day before Ross gets there. I don't think will be able to take a 5AM wake up call! lol

We had the same thing happen when they announced opening dates. We are going September 3-12 and thought we would have one last quiet lazy trip before the SW:GE and 50th anniversary celebrations began. My sometimes cranky husband initially freaked and wanted to cancel but I told him my daughter and I are going regardless so he got back onboard 🙂
There's no stopping us now! lol Have a great trip - maybe we will cross paths one day there!

Thank you - yes I always have to write things down!

Just a weird nerdy tidbit I picked up about writing things down. I read an article in one of my education magazines and they had done a study about writing and verbally studying/notetaking and they found that on average writing something down once was equivalent to saying it 9 times. So according to this study you'd be right about that memory/muscle thing. I thought that was kind of cool, and now when my students complain about writing I tell them that fact. They don't think it is as cool as I do.:)
Yes I think there is something to that. I remember that's how I used to learn my spelling works - by writing them over and over. So old school! lol

I'm a little late, but definitely looking forward to your Star Wars adventure!!
Thanks so much for following along with us!

This is gonna be good!
Thanks!

I'm here. Where's my participation trophy? :hilarious::hilarious:
Here you go...
goodtry.jpg

Your trip will be here before you know it! Looking forward to your report.
Thanks so much!

So I noticed there's a Crocs deal for Amazon Prime day.... Just wondering if Ross knew. Lol
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Ross will be glad to know I bought a pair of crocs flip flops!
Shhhhhhh... don't tell him. He is not allowed to buy any footwear without my approval from now on! lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Issue #2

As I became consumed with Disney SWGE craziness – that’s when it happened – the unexpected - a great disturbance in the force. It snuck up on me, like a sith lord that can conceal its evil even from the greatest of Jedi. I should have sensed it.

I knew it was inevitable, but I hoped I still had some time… but no, the day had arrived.

Just two weeks before Julia’s 17th birthday, this happened…

IMG_7752.JPG

Yes - A boy. “The” boy.

I was devastated.

My sweet, sweet Julia who has never had her head up in the clouds, has never had once ounce of “boy crazy” in her… a child who is so serious and focused on college and her career and on becoming an animator that she NEVER had time for such “nonsense” as boys or romance. She was steadfast that she had no tolerance for “love” and was very comfortable in being on her own until she was solid in her career.

My sweet Julia.

My best friend.

How could this have happened to me?

I should have seen it coming. It began as soon as we returned from Disney this past fall. I was careless. I was still enjoying the fact that there were no more Crocs in my life. Would I ever have a TR that was entertaining again? Surely life would become boring. I mean how much more shenanigans could Ross drag me into?

As I pondered my almost boring life without Crocs, our new school year began. For a lot of homeschoolers, many kids return to brick and mortar schools for high school. But Julia had chose to continue high school as a homeschooler, so sometimes, it can be harder to find groups with older kids to hang out with. I was happy that I found a co-op with a large amount of teens in it, which meant lots of new comrades for her to hang out with - and there he was.

They started talking together in groups of kids and I soon noticed that as the group dispersed, only the two of them remained talking to each other. By Thanksgiving, they were always together hanging out and talking and laughing. I did question her about the boy, but she was adamant that they were just friends. But by Christmas, I knew she was in denial because she asked me if she could give him a gift. At that point, I figured I was in trouble. When he presented her with a gift in return, I knew I was done. Yet, she still insisted that they were just friends – now best friends.

As Easter approached, my world would change forever as he finally professed his “likeness” for her and asked permission from Ross to court her. Yes my friends, his family apparently does not date. And before the questions begin, no – he is not Amish and his last name is not Dugger. (Although he does have 12 siblings, so it’s close.)

So because God has such a great sense of humor and apparently does not think having a severely Autistic kiddo is enough drama for my life, “the boy” entered my world to add more complexity to the already insane.

One point of good news is that my stomach has been so queasy over my daughter’s love life, which she drags me into because she tells me EVERYTHING, that I can’t eat. I just lost my appetite and as a result, I’ve lost about 20 pounds. Lol

So there you have it.

Here we are - weeks before our trip and I am in complete chaos, caught between the anxiety of a galaxy far, far away and teenage romance, which in my opinion, can exist in a galaxy all of its own.

However, let the PTR begin and as I have said in my title, may the force be with us!

Matt and Kelly

I’m here! I’m so excited to see all your plans. I’m like you in the sense I write everything down on paper. I hate using computers or my phone. As for Star Wars I have never seen a movie or could tell you any of the characters, so I can’t wait to hear about your experience being a super fan. As for the boyfriend..... lol, I’m dreading that day too when the girls are old enough to date. Matt and I started dating when were 15 and his family actually took me to Disneyland in grade 12. We always joke about it cause my family took Matt camping and his took me to Disney lol. And trust me beaches in Alberta are nothing to write home about. Is the boyfriend coming in the trip?
Kelly

Spash007

Oh. My.

It’s funny because I feel like we “know” each other on these boards, yet It’s easy to see people as being “stagnant”. The thought of kids growing up especially seems so hard to wrap my head around. Granted if these boards were active 15 years ago, I bet my mother would have been on here and I would have been the one growing up and now with two kids!

While C is only 4, I am dreading that day she gets serious with a boy. She told me she liked a boy in class a few months ago and my mouth dropped. The fact Julia’s “friend” asked for Ross’ permission though, means he’s most likely a good guy when it comes down to it.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Issue #2

As I became consumed with Disney SWGE craziness – that’s when it happened – the unexpected - a great disturbance in the force. It snuck up on me, like a sith lord that can conceal its evil even from the greatest of Jedi. I should have sensed it.

I knew it was inevitable, but I hoped I still had some time… but no, the day had arrived.

Just two weeks before Julia’s 17th birthday, this happened…

View attachment 390267

Yes - A boy. “The” boy.

I was devastated.

My sweet, sweet Julia who has never had her head up in the clouds, has never had once ounce of “boy crazy” in her… a child who is so serious and focused on college and her career and on becoming an animator that she NEVER had time for such “nonsense” as boys or romance. She was steadfast that she had no tolerance for “love” and was very comfortable in being on her own until she was solid in her career.

My sweet Julia.

My best friend.

How could this have happened to me?

I should have seen it coming. It began as soon as we returned from Disney this past fall. I was careless. I was still enjoying the fact that there were no more Crocs in my life. Would I ever have a TR that was entertaining again? Surely life would become boring. I mean how much more shenanigans could Ross drag me into?

As I pondered my almost boring life without Crocs, our new school year began. For a lot of homeschoolers, many kids return to brick and mortar schools for high school. But Julia had chose to continue high school as a homeschooler, so sometimes, it can be harder to find groups with older kids to hang out with. I was happy that I found a co-op with a large amount of teens in it, which meant lots of new comrades for her to hang out with - and there he was.

They started talking together in groups of kids and I soon noticed that as the group dispersed, only the two of them remained talking to each other. By Thanksgiving, they were always together hanging out and talking and laughing. I did question her about the boy, but she was adamant that they were just friends. But by Christmas, I knew she was in denial because she asked me if she could give him a gift. At that point, I figured I was in trouble. When he presented her with a gift in return, I knew I was done. Yet, she still insisted that they were just friends – now best friends.

As Easter approached, my world would change forever as he finally professed his “likeness” for her and asked permission from Ross to court her. Yes my friends, his family apparently does not date. And before the questions begin, no – he is not Amish and his last name is not Dugger. (Although he does have 12 siblings, so it’s close.)

So because God has such a great sense of humor and apparently does not think having a severely Autistic kiddo is enough drama for my life, “the boy” entered my world to add more complexity to the already insane.

One point of good news is that my stomach has been so queasy over my daughter’s love life, which she drags me into because she tells me EVERYTHING, that I can’t eat. I just lost my appetite and as a result, I’ve lost about 20 pounds. Lol

So there you have it.

Here we are - weeks before our trip and I am in complete chaos, caught between the anxiety of a galaxy far, far away and teenage romance, which in my opinion, can exist in a galaxy all of its own.

However, let the PTR begin and as I have said in my title, may the force be with us!

Is he coming along for the trip?

17 is a good age for a boyfriend. She can start learning what she does and does not like about boyfriend's and men in general, but she's old enough to be a little more saavy about the world (and men). I didn't date until i was seventeen either, and i think it made a huge difference.

When A is older, I hope i get lucky with whatever guy or girl she decides to date. From the sounds of it, Julia may have picked a good one for her first boyfriend. I've seen some friends kid's pick extremely bad/questionable choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom