Pre-Trip May The Force Be With Us...

May The Force Be With Us

…because I am going to need all the help I can get!

I know, I know, I took forever to finish my Sept 18 TR and now it feels like this trip is right around the corner!

IMG_8380.jpg

The Who:

Come on… you should know us by now.

01296608-D09C-4F7D-891F-2E2AB23B0A4A.jpeg

Me aka mom – who takes 10 months to finish writing a trip report.

IMG_4546.JPG

Ross aka Grumpy aka the Croc-less wonder. My wonderful Mickey ears wearing, husband of 27 years who I want to kill after spending a week 24/7 with him. (He spent a decent portion of this trip snoozing.)

97C95C90-5B3A-42DA-A455-C89782CB49EE.jpeg

Hope aka The Hopester – my baby girl who is now what Disney Dining considers an adult. Diagnosed with Autism and Sensory stuff, but has come so far.

Look how little she was...

IMG_8377.jpg

And now - my Disney adult. lol

C2EAED25-1880-4502-84B7-E89BEB61E2C0.jpeg

Julia aka Sissy. My 17 year old daughter – I don’t know how that happened. She was 6 the first time she went to Disney and now she is 17 and is a beautiful young lady and I can’t stand it!

67EE26BA-3DB4-4EEB-8104-96E625287A64.jpeg

Can I go back to when she wore Tinkerbell wings constantly?

IMG_8374.jpg

IMG_8375.jpg

IMG_8376.jpg

The When:

September 5th – September 21st We are splurging with another long trip. I managed to sign Julia up for a couple of late sprint classes at college, so she can get away with missing the beginning of September, but this may be it for us, as far as September trips go. 😢

The Where:

September 5th – 7th AoA – LM room

September 7th – 21st POP

The Shenanigans:

Well, we are already dealing with 2 issues that could make for some good trip report drama. Would you expect any less from us?

Rista1313

I don't think will be able to take a 5AM wake up call! lol

I don't want to do one on my vacation.... I'm going to see how things are going by then with the land, and then leave it up to hubby.

Just two weeks before Julia’s 17th birthday, this happened…

Yes - A boy. “The” boy.

How do you like this boy? Is he polite and kind?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I don't want to do one on my vacation.... I'm going to see how things are going by then with the land, and then leave it up to hubby.

How do you like this boy? Is he polite and kind?

Yeah but 5 am wakeup on vacation means you get things done, start your day with a lot of fun, then snuggle up with your loved one(s) for a nap!!

DisneyGigi

Ahhh- the dreaded Love Bug!

As a stay at home mom that homeschooled until my son started high school- I feel like I totally understand where you are coming from. My son had several sweet little girlfriends that we ended up getting really attached to. They all stayed friends too, which was nice. The real love bug hit when he graduated high school though and the next thing I knew, he was getting married and I became a GiGi the following year. I was devastated at the time. Now, 5 years later, I am okay. Wouldn’t take anything for my sweet grandson but it still stung like crazy at the time. She does look very happy though and Hope does too in that picture. :) Sending Mom Pixie Dust to help you adjust to this new love thing! ;)

Dave B

May The Force Be With Us

…because I am going to need all the help I can get!

I know, I know, I took forever to finish my Sept 18 TR and now it feels like this trip is right around the corner!

View attachment 389960

The Who:

Come on… you should know us by now.

View attachment 389953

Me aka mom – who takes 10 months to finish writing a trip report.

View attachment 389966

Ross aka Grumpy aka the Croc-less wonder. My wonderful Mickey ears wearing, husband of 27 years who I want to kill after spending a week 24/7 with him. (He spent a decent portion of this trip snoozing.)

View attachment 389962

Hope aka The Hopester – my baby girl who is now what Disney Dining considers an adult. Diagnosed with Autism and Sensory stuff, but has come so far.

Look how little she was...

View attachment 389959

And now - my Disney adult. lol

View attachment 389963

Julia aka Sissy. My 17 year old daughter – I don’t know how that happened. She was 6 the first time she went to Disney and now she is 17 and is a beautiful young lady and I can’t stand it!

View attachment 389964

Can I go back to when she wore Tinkerbell wings constantly?

View attachment 389956

View attachment 389957

View attachment 389958

The When:

September 5th – September 21st We are splurging with another long trip. I managed to sign Julia up for a couple of late sprint classes at college, so she can get away with missing the beginning of September, but this may be it for us, as far as September trips go. 😢

The Where:

September 5th – 7th AoA – LM room

September 7th – 21st POP

The Shenanigans:

Well, we are already dealing with 2 issues that could make for some good trip report drama. Would you expect any less from us?
We will be at POP same time, 12th-24 hopefully we will see you around the resort or pool

Dave B

I don't think so... but it depends on how the crowds are trending... we won't stand in line for it... I wish they would come out and say how they are going to crowd manage at WDW.
With the new Free Dining that came out today for the fall and holidays are you switching your trip, or staying with the Sept dates?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I’m here! I’m so excited to see all your plans. I’m like you in the sense I write everything down on paper. I hate using computers or my phone. As for Star Wars I have never seen a movie or could tell you any of the characters, so I can’t wait to hear about your experience being a super fan. As for the boyfriend..... lol, I’m dreading that day too when the girls are old enough to date. Matt and I started dating when were 15 and his family actually took me to Disneyland in grade 12. We always joke about it cause my family took Matt camping and his took me to Disney lol. And trust me beaches in Alberta are nothing to write home about. Is the boyfriend coming in the trip?
Kelly

Not one movie?? Wow!! lol Actually, I have never seen or read any of the Harry Potter books and movies (nor has Julia or Hope) and people can't understand how that is possible.

I am not ready for the romance, but I am trying. And no - he is not coming with us. (This time)

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Oh. My.

It’s funny because I feel like we “know” each other on these boards, yet It’s easy to see people as being “stagnant”. The thought of kids growing up especially seems so hard to wrap my head around. Granted if these boards were active 15 years ago, I bet my mother would have been on here and I would have been the one growing up and now with two kids!

While C is only 4, I am dreading that day she gets serious with a boy. She told me she liked a boy in class a few months ago and my mouth dropped. The fact Julia’s “friend” asked for Ross’ permission though, means he’s most likely a good guy when it comes down to it.

I agree - I feel like I "know" some of you guys and it's so weird as I see the kids getting older. It feels like everything should stay the same.

4 years old? Oh no - I wouldn't have survived that!! lol He is a good guy.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Yikes - a boy?! The potential for drama in that makes the crocs drama a drop of water in the ocean!

Yup - that's what I'm thing too....

I notice in the picture that Hope seems happy that the boy is in Julia’s life. 😀

Just when you thought it was going to be an easy year. Teenagers!

I was so close - I thought I was going to get her through college first! lol

Is he coming along for the trip?

17 is a good age for a boyfriend. She can start learning what she does and does not like about boyfriend's and men in general, but she's old enough to be a little more saavy about the world (and men). I didn't date until i was seventeen either, and i think it made a huge difference.

When A is older, I hope i get lucky with whatever guy or girl she decides to date. From the sounds of it, Julia may have picked a good one for her first boyfriend. I've seen some friends kid's pick extremely bad/questionable choices.

No - he is not coming along (this time).:rolleyes: Julia has seen some of the boys her friends date, and she has not been thrilled. It's one of the reasons she said she was never interested in dating. A close friend especially is seeing someone who is mean to her friend and it drives Julia crazy that her friend puts up with it.

This boy is very sweet.

What did they get each other for Christmas?
She gave him a box of cookies that we baked and he gave her a sketchbook.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Count me in! I always really love your reports! Can't wait to see how it all works out!
Thanks so much for reading along!!

Oh my a boy!!! :eek: I hope he treats her well and is considerate of the rest of you too.
So far, he is a good guy. I can't find anything wrong with him. Well, maybe one thing, but I'll save that for a later post.

Yay Julia! Sorry Mom - I know this has got to be tough for you, but she looks so happy in that picture. 😊 She is such an amazing big sister to Hope, you are very lucky of have such a great kid.
Thanks so much! Yes - I don't think I've ever seen her this happy.

Ahhh- the dreaded Love Bug!

As a stay at home mom that homeschooled until my son started high school- I feel like I totally understand where you are coming from. My son had several sweet little girlfriends that we ended up getting really attached to. They all stayed friends too, which was nice. The real love bug hit when he graduated high school though and the next thing I knew, he was getting married and I became a GiGi the following year. I was devastated at the time. Now, 5 years later, I am okay. Wouldn’t take anything for my sweet grandson but it still stung like crazy at the time. She does look very happy though and Hope does too in that picture. :) Sending Mom Pixie Dust to help you adjust to this new love thing! ;)
Thanks - I can use all the mom pixie dust I can get!!! Hope likes him - she announced to us that he is now an official member of our family! lol

We will be at POP same time, 12th-24 hopefully we will see you around the resort or pool
That would be awesome - please say hi if you see us because I can be really oblivious at times! lol

We will be there at 5 am, Mon and Tues, then Sunday and Monday on our trip, We are so curious as to what the crowds will be like
You are brave!!!! I don't think I have a shot for 5 - I'm not sure I have a shot for 6 or 7...

I'm hoping someone posts about the experience leading up to mid September so i know if it's worth getting up early or not 😂😂
Yes - that would be great to help plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom