May roll call

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Allright in less than 48 hours I am going to WDW for the first time ever. And I know about three other families/groups will be there from the boards. So let me know who you are and where you are staying. Wdwmom2 and I will probably meet at MK or EPCOT sometime. It is a great vacation May 1-8. Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day (thank God for 'em) and my birthday. Yep great trip.:)

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Yes very first. And I am really excited. So is my family. This is uor first real vacation without visiting family, or having some kind of obligation to do something for someone. It is just us, and WDW.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
raven you have been to WDW before I presume. I was wondering if you have any advice about the weather. And also about the crowds. Thanks in adv.

swimmom

We were there in May 2001 and the weather was awesome. Highs in the 70's - 80's lows in the 60's NOT humid. It rained two out of seven days we were there. For the most part, not too crowded. Bigger crowds on the weekends. We were able to take advantage of an e-ride night, but it doesn't appear that they will be offering one during your visit, but it doesn't hurt to ask at guest relations!

wannabeBelle

May 24th-28th for me!!! Definitely not the first trip, more like the 19th for me total lifetime!! This is my third trip this year!! Hope to see all my friends from the Boards!! Come over to EPCOT on the 25th and join me for the first two Off Kilter performances ( Must see the guys on my birthday!!) Belle

Ashleigh

We will be there the same time you will be - we are arriving May 1 and leaving late on May 7th. We are driving from Michigan and since it takes about 21 hours to get down there we are actually leaving for the trip tomorrow (April 30)! We can't wait. It will be my husband, daughter and myself. We are staying at Port Orleans - Riverside.

Have a wonderful vacation!

TURKEY

Originally posted by Ashleigh
We will be there the same time you will be - we are arriving May 1 and leaving late on May 7th. We are driving from Michigan and since it takes about 21 hours to get down there we are actually leaving for the trip tomorrow (April 30)! We can't wait. It will be my husband, daughter and myself. We are staying at Port Orleans - Riverside.

Have a wonderful vacation!

So what time are you planning on arriving at Riverside? I might see you there.

imamouse

I'll be there May 9-15 and can't wait! It's my 13th trip since 1971 and the 1st of 2 trips planned for this year (3rd overall on my AP). Gotta love the AP:D
Staying at CS for the first time. Ususally an AS kind of guest.
Although there aren't any E-ride nights scheduled for May, those of us staying during May 9-22 can take advantage of the Extra Magic mornings AND evenings. For details, see:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortOther?id=ResortExtraMagicPage

Maybe the extra 3 hours in the evenings will "stick" :sohappy:

Enjoy your first trip, and keep coming back. There is always more to do and see. The magic continues.....

BalooChicago

Originally posted by Ashleigh
We will be there the same time you will be - we are arriving May 1 and leaving late on May 7th. We are driving from Michigan and since it takes about 21 hours to get down there we are actually leaving for the trip tomorrow (April 30)!

We're driving too! We are leaving Saturday morning... Watch out for a little blue beetle.... :)

TrixieMouse.jpg

:)

Careful driving, and have a great trip!

Lilmama21

We are leaving Saturday morning from IL for WDW. We should be there around 2,3ish Sunday. We're staying at PORiverside. I can't believe this is your first trip "Jack", you have so many posts and I got the idea that you had been there. Anyways, this is the first trip for my daughter (9) and the first trip for me that I'll remember. Let's all pray for good weather!!

Baloo..is that really your car?? (I'm not really dense but wasn't sure...) if so I'm pretty sure I'll recognize it on the road LMAO.

skeeter

Just two more weeks!!!

I am a passholder, and I am flying my mom and brother down on May 13 for four days (from Tennessee---I live in Sarasota, FL) -- They have never been to WDW! I have warned them they will experience sensory overload! We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (a first for me as well). I just hope the weather is understanding:cool: Sunny and fun! As for your first trip, you will have the best time of your life and will have so many wonderful memories for years to come.:animwink:

Also Jack, where are you traveling from?

BalooChicago

Originally posted by Lilmama21
Baloo..is that really your car?? (I'm not really dense but wasn't sure...) if so I'm pretty sure I'll recognize it on the road LMAO.

It's Patti's (My Fiancé) car :) The ears were a little photoshop work... :hammer: We're hoping to go topless (It's a convertible) as much as possible...

polynesiangirl

We head out on the 22nd of May, which I can totally NOT believe is so soon .

Equally scary is how it hasn't even been that long since I was last there (not even a year,) and it feels like it's been about 10 years. Gimme my WDW fix! :p

DiPSU224

May 17-24 for me! It'll be my 6th trip and second one with my boyfriend. :) I can't wait to check out this extra magic hour trial run!

wdwmom2+1

HI! you know i'll be there may2-10 i saw this was your first trip and you were asking aboiut the weather :) well i live in florida and we go to disney every may and usually its nice but sometimes it can be rainy still or one year it was pretty cool, we usually bring a jacket just in case. but it looks like

Saturday (24 hours): Late day showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.
Sunday (24 hours): Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.
Monday (24 hours): Mostly cloudy with scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.
Tuesday (24 hours): Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s.
Wednesday (24 hours): Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.

thats the most i got :) hope that helps dont forget sunscreen :) and hopefully see you there!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom