May 5 Announcement Rumor

Pixie Duster

Here's hoping... I though HCOE was just neat in itself, but hey if they wanna do something HUGE by all means go for it. I mean it is funny that on May 5th Epcot will close at 3pm because of the event. Has that ever happened before?

Pixie Duster said:
Here's hoping... I though HCOE was just neat in itself, but hey if they wanna do something HUGE by all means go for it. I mean it is funny that on May 5th Epcot will close at 3pm because of the event. Has that ever happened before?

Yes with past press events for Disney "Celebrations" one park has always closed at mid-afternoon for the event to take place. One if not all of the remaining three parks usually stay open later to accomodate increased Guest traffic.

RedGear

MissM said:
Cinco de Mayo (meaning "may 5th") The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The 5th Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexicans over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862. -link

Many places have parties with drinking and fun on the day.
-m

Thats interesting, I never knew that. That makes sense why someone thought it might have had something to do with Cinco De Mayo. I really hope the annoncements are good, and that we are not disapointed!!!
Thankfully I leave on the 4th before all the crazy activites begin!

downwitheisner

illuminations25 said:
Yes with past press events for Disney "Celebrations" one park has always closed at mid-afternoon for the event to take place. One if not all of the remaining three parks usually stay open later to accomodate increased Guest traffic.

I'd hate to be there on one of those days.

JCAEdge21

GymLeaderPhil said:
If you're going by Magic Kingdoms, then Hong Kong would be the 5th Park.

hong kong disneyland has already been released and has been promoted in the parks already. there could quite possibly be a 5th park in wdw

bork

Based on internet rumors, could it be:

MK gets Little Green Men Flying Saucers
Epcot gets a new country or redone Spaceship Earth
MGM gets Indiana Jones Adventure
AK gets Journey to the Center of the Earth

And in my dream world, a monorail expansion to all parks and DTD.

orleans97

Maybe their big rumor for Epcot will be : 3 new rides for World Showcase...The ones that are already built, just opening them finally.That would be a cheap way out, seeing not many people know about the 3 rides structures.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
orleans97 said:
Maybe their big rumor for Epcot will be : 3 new rides for World Showcase...The ones that are already built, just opening them finally.That would be a cheap way out, seeing not many people know about the 3 rides structures.

WDW could always ask TOLC for Meet the World back, assuming its still in storage :lol: - and shave a few feet off the side of it...

Italy may need a bit more work though, although the space is reserved for the Gondolas no ground breaking ever took place.

venooch333 said:
Everything is happening on 05/05/05! Disney announcements (hopefully), General Election! What else? :king:

Senior Skip Day at my school. Should be an awesome day. Bunch of new disney stuff and no school

Yen_Sid1

orleans97 said:

3? I only know of 2 - Germany and Japan. What's the other one?

bjunderwood

orleans97 said:

sorry, but could i get filled in on the 3 countries? ive heard countless rumors in the past about possible rides in the world showcase that i dont even know which ones are feasible.

thanks
bj

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yen_Sid1 said:
3? I only know of 2 - Germany and Japan. What's the other one?

Italy`s Gondola Ride. Japans Mt.Fuji and Meet the World, France`s Expo pavilion, The UK`s Crystal Palace, The original Maelstrom...

I`ve covered all this and more in an article I wrote for D-Troops

dave

My prediction for the 5th is as follows:

MK Bald mountain

AK jOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF EARTH

MGM Indy (all new version)

Epcot Time racers

Empress Room said:
Take this with a grain of salt...

During my last impromptu trip to WDW, I had the opportunity of taking the sunset safari at the AKL with the head supervisor of the savannahs at the AKL. He told my small safari group (six of us) that on May 5 (the kickoff of the DL Celebration festivities), Disney will be making a MAJOR announcement concerning new attractions at both DL and WDW. The WDW announcement, according to this supervisor, involves not only the Magic Kingdom, but also announcements of e-ticket attractions at AK, MGM and Epcot - some of which, in his words, will "knock your socks off."

Again, take it for what it's worth, but I will personally be interested in what happens and what's newsworthy out of Fort Disney on May 5...

Yen_Sid1

marni1971 said:
Italy`s Gondola Ride. Japans Mt.Fuji and Meet the World, France`s Expo pavilion, The UK`s Crystal Palace, The original Maelstrom...

I`ve covered all this and more in an article I wrote for D-Troops

But he said there was 3 ride structures, so I was wondering where the 3rd structure was? I know there was a lot of plans for different countries.

yoyoflamingo

The thrid one would be the Germany pavilion, which was supposed to house a German Rhine River ride, which was cancelled due to budget. So the three would be Japan: Meet the World, Italy: Gondolas, and Germany: Rhine River. The structure is built for Germany, behind the Oktoberfest building.

Yen_Sid1

yoyoflamingo said:
The thrid one would be the Germany pavilion, which was supposed to house a German Rhine River ride, which was cancelled due to budget. So the three would be Japan: Meet the World, Italy: Gondolas, and Germany: Rhine River. The structure is built for Germany, behind the Oktoberfest building.

So where is the ride structure for Italy?

stitchcastle

Wish List

MK - Fire Mountain, Bald Mountain

EPCOT - Re-done Futureworld, Switzerland, Russia, Australia, The Venetian Gondolas, Mt. Fuji, Canada Brother Bear Ride, The Crystal Palace, Rhine River Ride

MGM - Cinemagique

AK - Beastly Kingdom

*DisneySea

a guy can dream can he?

and by they way, Keep JTTCOTE OUT of AK, it doesn't belong there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yen_Sid1 said:
So where is the ride structure for Italy?

Nowhere - I mentioned above they never broke ground on it, I think Orleans97 assumed it had been. To clarify; only 2 structures were built - 75% of the Rhine River Ride, and the Meet The World shed (square box - the carousel theatre would have been inside it.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom