May 5 Announcement Rumor

speck76

stitchcastle said:
The Venetian Gondolas, Mt. Fuji, Canada Brother Bear Ride, The Crystal Palace, Rhine River Ride

If they did not build it 25 years ago, why would they build it now?

Chape19714

Disney Magizine just ran an article of 5 attractons from TDL that they would like to see in the USA, so, DOES THAT GIVE YOU A HINT?

yoyoflamingo

Empress Room said:
Take this with a grain of salt...

During my last impromptu trip to WDW, I had the opportunity of taking the sunset safari at the AKL with the head supervisor of the savannahs at the AKL. He told my small safari group (six of us) that on May 5 (the kickoff of the DL Celebration festivities), Disney will be making a MAJOR announcement concerning new attractions at both DL and WDW. The WDW announcement, according to this supervisor, involves not only the Magic Kingdom, but also announcements of e-ticket attractions at AK, MGM and Epcot - some of which, in his words, will "knock your socks off."

Again, take it for what it's worth, but I will personally be interested in what happens and what's newsworthy out of Fort Disney on May 5...

The more I read this, the more it seems like they're merely going to announce what's already there. LMA, Soarin', and EE are all considered E tickets, and the Magic Kingdom is represented with Cinderellabration. Maybe this supervisor just thought he was talking to an average guest who might not know about these projects, and since many of them are not "officially" open until May 5th anyway, it could be what he was referring to.

Figment1986

Mickeyman819 said:
Senior Skip Day at my school. Should be an awesome day. Bunch of new disney stuff and no school

Dang... My school's second Senior skipday is 05/05/05..... Hmm... I might or might not go to WDW.... :drevil: :lol: :lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ahh.. right. If you look at my D-Troops article (mentioned above) I`ve included a sketch I did of a possible layout for the Gondolas, based on what I have read. The entrance building I`ve pictured is featured in early World Showcase model pictures, but also never built - it would have made Italys plaza more `complete` and boxed it in.

As far as I`m aware, The Rhine River Ride had 75% of the show shed complete, but was never fitted out. The entrance doors were fitted, however - the two big wooden doors to the right of the Biergarten I believe - I`m not sure if they remain, but they never opened (they would open onto... nothing)

Japans MTW as I mentioned was finished - the shed and the (separate) actual theatre with its show. But since b wouldn`t fit into a it never actually rotated on Florida soil.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
venooch333 said:
Everything is happening on 05/05/05! Disney announcements (hopefully), General Election! What else? :king:
carney wilson (from wilson phillips) has planned to have her c-section that day so her child can have the birthday 05.05.05.................... saw it on the news

hey buddy, you asked. :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom