May 2013 Roll Call

foreverbelle

So, my husband and I were planning on skipping our annual trip this year because my sister is getting married in Hawaii this Sept and that's going to be a pricey trip. Last night, after a lot of back and forth, we decided we just couldn't bear to skip this year, so today I booked Pop May 19-23! We love the Flower and Garden Festival and I can only imagine how blissful it will be to stroll through the festival with that new rum dole whip!

First off congratulations go to your sister and her future hubby. Hawaii would be an amazing wedding destination....second, I am so glad you were able to still go to the place we all love! And during Flower and Garden is beautiful!! Go and enjoy.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

So, my husband and I were planning on skipping our annual trip this year because my sister is getting married in Hawaii this Sept and that's going to be a pricey trip. Last night, after a lot of back and forth, we decided we just couldn't bear to skip this year, so today I booked Pop May 19-23! We love the Flower and Garden Festival and I can only imagine how blissful it will be to stroll through the festival with that new rum dole whip!

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! If I could figure out a way to get there the weekend before without the kiddos missing so much school we would be there too for the last weekend of the F&G. They have food this year!

Upvote 0

empressofpurple

Probably but we will be at HS/Epcot Saturday and AK on Sunday crowds or not!
I hear ya!

We're looking at HS for Sunday for the second Star Wars weekend... would rather go Friday (maybe less crowded on a weekday?) but we're planning to do the Winter Garden 5K at 6:45pm, and I don't want to miss leave early and miss Fantasmic...

Here are our tentative park plans: MK Wed. May 22; AK or Epcot Thurs. May 23 (World Turtle Day!); HS Sun. May 26 (Star Wars Weekends); Epcot or AK Wed. May 29... planning to avoid the parks on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and Memorial Day Monday itself... probably relax at the resort on those days, maybe do other local activities, take in a movie or something like that...

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I hear ya!

We're looking at HS for Sunday for the second Star Wars weekend... would rather go Friday (maybe less crowded on a weekday?) but we're planning to do the Winter Garden 5K at 6:45pm, and I don't want to miss leave early and miss Fantasmic...

Here are our tentative park plans: MK Wed. May 22; AK or Epcot Thurs. May 23 (World Turtle Day!); HS Sun. May 26 (Star Wars Weekends); Epcot or AK Wed. May 29... planning to avoid the parks on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and Memorial Day Monday itself... probably relax at the resort on those days, maybe do other local activities, take in a movie or something like that...

That sounds like a great schedule! I know Saturday&Sunday will be super busy at HS that weekend. On one of the SWW threads @ MasterYoda said the Fridays tend to be less crazy for SWW so we might do HS Friday morning too and then head to MK later in the day...I managed to get ADRS for dinner at BOG that Friday nite...so we will be at MK at some point on that Friday !

Upvote 0

empressofpurple

Thanks for the advice... I may reconsider the Friday night 5K and plan HS for Friday instead... I'm surprised there are no Memorial Day runs in the Orlando area (that I can find online, anyway)...that would be the perfect day for a run so we could avoid the crowds on Monday... although perhaps the Friday before Memorial Day weekend will be crazy, too... I dunno... ooh, dinner at Be Our Guest!!! Looks amazing... lucky you... we never get park hopper tix so we plan which day where very carefully...

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

We are going for SWW, I am expecting it to be packed, hoping to get enough of the SWW to make my son happy but not planning on being there a whole lot more. Then again, at 4 if we don't make it to HS that weekend, I don't think he would be totally heartbroken.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

May 6th-May 13th! DD will be a year & a half, and I can't wait to be there with her! DH & my parents are also coming with us. We got a pin code, and decided instead of booking separate rooms, to book a 2 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk. It's our favorite resort, so we are very excited to go back. Heading to Hilton Head on our drive down for a little bit before Disney. Counting down the days!

Upvote 0

empressofpurple

Wish I'd checked the dates on F&G before I booked my flights... I could've caught the last couple of days... sigh, well, there's something to look forward to! Last September we hit the trifecta: last days of free dining, the 10-miler race, PLUS the opening weekend of Food & Wine... with the top-off being we were there for the 30th anniversary of EPCOT!

Anyway, a question: does anybody know WHICH of the three days of Memorial Day Weekend (Fri. May 24-Sun. May 26) for Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios would be the LEAST crowded?? I'm guessing either Friday or Sunday, but I'm not sure which one... advice appreciated!

Upvote 0

aleyva

Wish I'd checked the dates on F&G before I booked my flights... I could've caught the last couple of days... sigh, well, there's something to look forward to! Last September we hit the trifecta: last days of free dining, the 10-miler race, PLUS the opening weekend of Food & Wine... with the top-off being we were there for the 30th anniversary of EPCOT!

Anyway, a question: does anybody know WHICH of the three days of Memorial Day Weekend (Fri. May 24-Sun. May 26) for Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios would be the LEAST crowded?? I'm guessing either Friday or Sunday, but I'm not sure which one... advice appreciated!

I would lean towards Sunday having the least crowd. Magic Kingdom has Extra Magic Hours planned on Sunday... Maybe that park would draw the most crowds. It is Memorial Weekend though... Anything is possible. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

I would say Maybe Friday?? A lot of people may be coming in later on Friday night for the weekend....Sunday you may find away well but of course this is never a guarantee....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom