Matterhorn and Pinocchio getting refurbished starting July 30th, 2018

TP2000

Damn... Netflix!? You are really hip. I wish there were more older people like you.

Full Disclosure: My college aged nephew set the Netflix thing up for me through this whiz-bang 4K TV I bought last year. I also had to have a Technology 101 course he led me through, including several follow up phone calls to him up at Stanford during the first 30 days of ownership.

But now? I'm a techno hipster who doesn't need a monocle.

Curious Constance

Full Disclosure: My college aged nephew set the Netflix thing up for me through this whiz-bang 4K TV I bought last year. I also had to have a Technology 101 course he led me through, including several follow up phone calls to him up at Stanford during the first 30 days of ownership.

But now? I'm a techno hipster who doesn't need a monocle.

:cry:

Rich T

I hope Pinocchio gets the same treatment as Alice, Peter Pan, and Snow White with projections, and animation.
The Monstro scene could be made pretty great. The problem with Pinocchio, though, is the calm, peaceful concluding sequence is like, half the ride. They should turn the village scene into Monstro's stomach, the "Wake up" scene into an escape from Monstro (projections would be okay) and the clocks/fireplace scene into the Wake-Up scene.

George Lucas on a Bench

addtext_com_MjI0NzA4NTg2MTc.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The tearing up the mountain to fix the yeti was debunked quite awhile ago by Mr. @marni1971 and one or two others.

I'm basing it what Joe Rohde had said about it at D23:

"You have to understand, it’s a giant complicated machine sitting on top of, like, a 46 foot tall tower in the middle of a finished building. So, it’s really hard to fix, but we are working on it. And we continue to work on it. We have tried several “things”, none of them quite get to the key, turning of the 40 foot tower inside of a finished building, but we are working on it….. I will fix the Yeti someday, I swear. "

If there is different information, I'd be happy to look at it and change my opinion. However until then it appears the issue is still trying to fix a tower inside a finished building which can't be turned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom