Matterhorn and Pinocchio getting refurbished starting July 30th, 2018

Curious Constance

See, I’d be all for updating classic attractions with actual improvements. At this point in time, however, I have zero faith in their ability or willingness to do anything with quality and in keeping with the spirit of the original attraction. I think at this point they’re thinking what can we do to squeeze as many people into this place as possible, or squeeze as many dollars out of our IPs as possible. Everything else is not a priority.

mickEblu

I don’t think they re crazy enough to do anything to the front lawn (right?). But I do think the outdoor queue between the FP station and the Mansion might be compromised. Sadly, I also wouldn’t be shocked if the extend the Q into Magnolia park.

Rich T

It's been going on for 17 years. Isn't it time for something new? Send it to Florida and let the Mansion be creepy again at Halloween.
...What if the mansion got *scarier* at Halloween? (Not Knott's Scary Farm Scary, but a few more jump-scares and the return of the live Knight in the clock hall) Btw, I got to experience the live knight (scared the crud out of me) and--while I'm glad they removed him as a permanent thing, he'd be a great Halloween addition.

(EDIT) Ooh! Ooh! What if they added the Bug's Land Theater's black widow spiders to the stretch room finale?

Phroobar

...What if the mansion got *scarier* at Halloween? (Not Knott's Scary Farm Scary, but a few more jump-scares and the return of the live Knight in the clock hall) Btw, I got to experience the live knight (scared the crud out of me) and--while I'm glad they removed him as a permanent thing, he'd be a great Halloween addition.

(EDIT) Ooh! Ooh! What if they added the Bug's Land Theater's black widow spiders to the stretch room finale?
You are a man of vision.

They could add the ToT ghost effect to the endless hallway. Bring back the popup ghosts and screams in the attic. I was scared of that when I was a kid. Those popups could all be headless to keep with Constance theme.

mickEblu

You are a man of vision.

They could add the ToT ghost effect to the endless hallway. Bring back the popup ghosts and screams in the attic. I was scared of that when I was a kid. Those popups could all be headless to keep with Constance theme.

Too soon. Too soon to bring up the endless hallway.

mickEblu

#replacepoohwithnbc&everybodywins
(Shrugs) Zero's a critter.

Lol. At a certain point I would have been all for an original NBC ride somewhere at DLR but now that HMH has been around so long I’m not sure what they could do to make us feel like we re getting an original attraction. I mean they could but they would have to blow us away. Just passing by a few show scenes with AAs and figures to the the soundtrack of the movie would feel like HMH in a new building. It wouldn’t be worth the investment for them. Plus being that it’s around 1/3 of the year it really is like NBC has its own attraction.

Rich T

...being that it’s around 1/3 of the year it really is like NBC has its own attraction.
But at the cost of losing the *real* version of one of the greatest attractions on Earth for 1/3 of the year. I say make a dedicated NBC Disney's first AR glasses/motion vehicle black light dark ride. It starts off like a normal dark ride set to the tune of "This is Halloween," but then the AR effects kick in, blurring the line between reality and illusion and suddenly the ghosts and monsters are seeming to burst out of the sets and AA figures and flying right up in your face laughing, screaming and singing for the last 3rd of the ride. That would make it a headliner... but Disney will never do it.

Phroobar

Good idea but the load times would be forever. At MM, it takes four times longer to dispatch a coaster because of getting people adjusted to the VR helmets. Its good they got rid of it. It makes riding Revolution a lot more tolerable. Disney could never do it until they hand out AR glasses that don't need adjustment but that is extremely expensive.

mickEblu

But at the cost of losing the *real* version of one of the greatest attractions on Earth for 1/3 of the year. I say make a dedicated NBC Disney's first AR glasses/motion vehicle black light dark ride. It starts off like a normal dark ride set to the tune of "This is Halloween," but then the AR effects kick in, blurring the line between reality and illusion and suddenly the ghosts and monsters are seeming to burst out of the sets and AA figures and flying right up in your face laughing, screaming and singing for the last 3rd of the ride. That would make it a headliner... but Disney will never do it.

That would be amazing but yeah not happening. I’m totally cool with HMH going away or at least shortening it to the right season.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
#jackoverstayshiswelcome

Jack's just a little confused, that's all.

d6d.gif

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
This is one of those times I just don't agree with the crowd - So what if Jack's in for 1/3 of the year? It's an enjoyable experience. It has a ton of heart and doesn't involve adding a projection or two and calling it a day (like ehem Hyperspace Mountain, which for some reason was the greatest overlay in Disney history being operational for 2 years straight) or turning a structure into a warehouse fortress power plant industrial garbage chute joke that's perm, might I add.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom