masks with special needs

rob0519

I just saw that the head of the CDC says if everyone wore masks for the next 6 weeks we could drive this virus into the ground.
We all know all people won't wear masks. Driving the numbers down isn't eliminating the virus and until there is a successful and widely distributed vaccine, you can expect to be wearing masks in most, if not all public settings.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Advertisement
We all know all people won't wear masks. Driving the numbers down isn't eliminating the virus and until there is a successful and widely distributed vaccine, you can expect to be wearing masks in most, if not all public settings.
I was simply pointing out a positive piece of info.
But if you want to.be negative it seems unlikely we will find a successful vaccine that does more than just slightly decrease therisk. Probably much less so than even the flu shot does and we know the flu shot is at it's best 40% effective and you need it every year. (I still get it but just saying I know it's not that great of protection)

mergatroid

I'm sure they'll work with families who can't use them. There are always exceptions to the rule.

Not really. Right now masks are mandated as the belief is they save lives, think about that for a second. So somebody who sadly suffers from autism and can't wear a mask should be exempt even though they could be spreading a disease that can kill? You're putting the albeit small chance of somebody spreading covid 19 over somebody going to a theme park under the assumption that everyone wears masks, catching it and dying?

I have dystonia so wouldn't be allowed to fly a plane. My human rights aren't being abused here, it's just my desire to do something shouldn't outweigh the effects my desire could have on others. Some things may not seem fair, but the world's not a fair place either. Anyone taking legal action to insist they don't have to wear a mask in a theme park during a pandemic is just selfish. Nobody WANTS to wear them, many who don't decide not to go. Going to Disney is a decision one makes and not essential to life, but yes let's put peoples lives at risk so an individual gets to go to Disney during a pandemic!!!!

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Agreed--going to a theme park is NOT an essential task such as shopping for food (which frankly, there are other ways of obtaining, but I digress from that topic). Going to a theme park during a health crisis is NOT a priority and it infringes on safety. But go ahead, continue to clog the legal system with, yet again, another frivolous law suit 🙄

mdktf

We have a trip planned for Feb 2021 and I am terrified because our grandson has moderate autism and can not keep a mask on..
I am positive I am not the only one with this problem... what are some ideas?
How old is your grandson?

mdktf

Based on this, you're assumption does not look like a good bet. Trish Greenhalgh, a primary-care professor at the University of Oxford, told me people should wear masks in public until “there are no new cases, or very few cases,” a goal that the U.S. is still very far from reaching.
Yet on his own country there is no mandate to wear a mask anywhere apart from shops This Friday? Total garbage, if it’s fresh air outside and social distancing is in place it’s fine. Inside I get it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All I wish to say further is that I am considering legal action on the matter.
It’s a vacation...nothing more.

I think perspective is becoming a lost concept.
You can feel free, but when the world is in the middle of a pandemic and your problem is not being able to visit a completely unessential place located in the pandemic's epicenter, I doubt many will be on your side.
....yeeeppppp

cmanley23

I have 3 special needs kids and all of them have been diagnosed with Autism when they were 5-7 years old. We have worked with them when we have to go out for appointments or other errands that when they're with us they have to wear their mask because of what's going on right now. So far... we haven't had any episodes yet where they couldn't keep them on. Honestly not sure how they'd do at Disneyland or Disney World when it's supposed to be fun and now being safe... I would hope they'd do okay, but without being there, I can't answer that part. :)

Top Bottom