Mary Poppins Sequel in the works

Sped2424

Original Poster
Exclusive straight from e news

"EW has learned that Disney is developing a new original live-action musical film featuring the beloved magical nanny, Mary Poppins. The studio is bringing back Into the Woods director Rob Marshall and producers John DeLuca and Marc Platt, who successfully shepherded Stephen Sondheim’s Broadway tuner to the big screen for Disney last year."

More here
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/14/disney-mary-poppins-rob-marshall

The film is going to be a musical and set 20 years after the events of the first movie.

DisneyManOne

Well, my friends, I've had my doubts over the past few months regarding who was worse: Eisner or Iger. Eisner may have given us DCA 1.0, JIYI, those stupid DTV sequels, EuroDisney, and the death of hand-drawn animation as we know it...BUT: at least he respected the sanctity of the Disney classics.

But, however, under Iger's watch, various other Disney films are getting unneeded remakes: Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, The Jungle Book, Winnie the Pooh, Mulan, Pinocchio Dumbo, and on and on and on.

But the mere fact that Iger has dared to mess with Mary Poppins means that he has sunken to a whole new level of low.

That's right, folks. I've made my decision...

IGER IS OFFICIALLY WORSE THAN EISNER.

brb1006

Well, my friends, I've had my doubts over the past few months regarding who was worse: Eisner or Iger. Eisner may have given us DCA 1.0, JIYI, those stupid DTV sequels, EuroDisney, and the death of hand-drawn animation as we know it...BUT: at least he respected the sanctity of the Disney classics.

But, however, under Iger's watch, various other Disney films are getting unneeded remakes: Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, The Jungle Book, Winnie the Pooh, Mulan, Pinocchio Dumbo, and on and on and on.

But the mere fact that Iger has dared to mess with Mary Poppins means that he has sunken to a whole new level of low.

That's right, folks. I've made my decision...

IGER IS OFFICIALLY WORSE THAN EISNER.
I wonder what Dick Van and Julie Andrews are thinking right now?

DisneyManOne

Disney is just giving fans of Mary Poppins a film to enjoy. Doesn't the film deserve more recognition? Maybe this film will explain why she moved to the US to become a baker.

Really? She did that? Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but I'm only familiar with the movie, not the books.

prberk

I thought that P.L. Travers (or whatever her real name was -- I forgot from Saving Mr. Banks) had it in her will that the company never be able to make a sequel or further film using the Poppins characters. Wasn't that made clear in interviews information later?

What has changed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom