Marvel's Next Step

RSoxNo1

Meh. No matter how hard they try, people wont like Comcast. They should embrace it and go self deprecating.

When Direct TV lost it's signal during last Wednesday's storm in Massachusetts, I'm guessing those people that have Comcast were appreciative of the lack of signal interruption during game 1 of the NHL Finals.

juniorthomas

When Direct TV lost it's signal during last Wednesday's storm in Massachusetts, I'm guessing those people that have Comcast were appreciative of the lack of signal interruption during game 1 of the NHL Finals.

I'm not saying Direct TV is better. I'm just saying Comcast is doing their best to own the universe. And with said universe ownership comes poor customer service.

Disday

Disney doesn't have to buy back the Marvel rights from Universal. I'll bet that the license and royalties fees will go up dramatically within the next year. We'll see how important Disney's Marvel characters are to Universal then. That's why Universal dumped the contract for Universal Hollywood before the Disney buyout. In this way, Disney can keep collecting more and more money from Universal as long as they want the characters in their parks. It's a win-win situation for Disney. :)

lazyboy97o

Disney doesn't have to buy back the Marvel rights from Universal. I'll bet that the license and royalties fees will go up dramatically within the next year.
VI. A. All sums to be paid or expended by MCA hereunder pursuant to Sections I(B), II(B), IV(B)(1)(a)(2), IV(B)(2), V(A), V(C), V(D) and V(E) shall be increased for each year after 1998 using the U.S. national CPI as of December 31, 1998 as the base.

Disday

And so, in California Marvel kept demanding more and more until Universal finally pulled the plug. The contract that everyone quotes on the site I believe is an early draft. For one thing, it doesn't discuss the particular characters that can be used within the parks. I read a Deadline Hollywood article where Universal provided a list of the exact characters that they are allowed to use in the parks and how they will be used. They aren't allowed to use any other characters without Marvel's permission. It is believed that the other characters can be used by Disney.:)

Wilt Dasney

^I don't think the IoA contract has anything to do with Universal Hollywood.

And if you can find that article again, I'd love to read it.

lebeau

And so, in California Marvel kept demanding more and more until Universal finally pulled the plug. The contract that everyone quotes on the site I believe is an early draft. For one thing, it doesn't discuss the particular characters that can be used within the parks. I read a Deadline Hollywood article where Universal provided a list of the exact characters that they are allowed to use in the parks and how they will be used. They aren't allowed to use any other characters without Marvel's permission. It is believed that the other characters can be used by Disney.:)

Yeah, you're definitely going to need to back that up. I've followed Deadline's coverage and haven't read anything remotely like what you're saying.

Link or it didn't happen.

lazyboy97o

And so, in California Marvel kept demanding more and more until Universal finally pulled the plug. The contract that everyone quotes on the site I believe is an early draft.
Early drafts do not get filed with SEC, and not repeatedly in the manner that this contract is continually refiled.

For one thing, it doesn't discuss the particular characters that can be used within the parks. I read a Deadline Hollywood article where Universal provided a list of the exact characters that they are allowed to use in the parks and how they will be used. They aren't allowed to use any other characters without Marvel's permission. It is believed that the other characters can be used by Disney.:)
The characters used are clearly discussed, anything in the Marvel library was up for use. After certain conditions, it has since been limited to the families of characters present in Marvel Super Hero Island.

lebeau

And that's that, I suppose.

I don't know where you would get that the Deadline article is the final say in anything. Even at the time it was written, the article made clear "this is what I'm hearing". I get the impression she hadn't even read the agreement herself. She was just reporting the rumors as she had been told.

juniorthomas

I don't know where you would get that the Deadline article is the final say in anything. Even at the time it was written, the article made clear "this is what I'm hearing". I get the impression she hadn't even read the agreement herself. She was just reporting the rumors as she had been told.

The "that's that" was in reference to four days of no one posting. But then the thread was revived.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom