Marvel Land Discussion and Rumors

This is just a wild guess.... but I think Marvel Land got delayed as soon as the discussion of Disney buying Fox opened up. If you think about it, all of Hollywood Boulevard (the theater, Muppets, Tower of Terror, etc) closed last year and TOT was refurbished into Guardians as sort of a 'preview' to Marvel land. Fast forward to D23 where instead of announcing that, we got Pixar Pier which was wayyyy out of left field as that area of the park seemed to have more recently gotten refurbished. Is there a chance that Marvel Land was supposed to be announced first and take over Bugs Land and Hollywood but it got shelved at the last minute when they discovered that there's a chance for X-Men, Fantastic Four, and a west coast Avatar land to join?

GiveMeTheMusic

This is just a wild guess.... but I think Marvel Land got delayed as soon as the discussion of Disney buying Fox opened up. If you think about it, all of Hollywood Boulevard (the theater, Muppets, Tower of Terror, etc) closed last year and TOT was refurbished into Guardians as sort of a 'preview' to Marvel land. Fast forward to D23 where instead of announcing that, we got Pixar Pier which was wayyyy out of left field as that area of the park seemed to have more recently gotten refurbished. Is there a chance that Marvel Land was supposed to be announced first and take over Bugs Land and Hollywood but it got shelved at the last minute when they discovered that there's a chance for X-Men, Fantastic Four, and a west coast Avatar land to join?

Avatar is nowhere near discussions for DLR. Maybe if the sequels are huge. Maybe.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I think that is all just coincidence and just overall just really good timing. They would have had to know over 6 months ago that Fox was planning to put itself up for sales, not very likely.

The real reason Marvel Land was delayed is the fact the Eastern Gateway project, which would have expanded DCA, took so long and finally got shelved until a more favorable political climate. Marvel Land is moving forward, but just likely in not the ways that were originally rumored.

Rich T

Well it's official. Disney is purchasing Fox's studio assets, which includes Marvel movie rights, Avatar, and The Simpsons.

"Disney's purchase will add to its huge back catalogue, with high-grossing films such as the original Star Wars movie, the Marvel superhero pictures, Avatar and Deadpool, as well as TV hits including The Simpsons."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bb...are=http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42353545
Disney owning the Simpsons... Who'da thought. Is it too much to hope that Disney might actually decide the world has enough Simpsons episodes at this point? Seeing as how they never let their own animated hits go past 100 half hour episodes or so.

Phroobar

Disney owning the Simpsons... Who'da thought. Is it too much to hope that Disney might actually decide the world has enough Simpsons episodes at this point? Seeing as how they never let their own animated hits go past 100 half hour episodes or so.
The Simpsons really needs to end but it is so tied to FOX that they can't stop. It's kind of like SNL with NBC.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The Simpsons really needs to end but it is so tied to FOX that they can't stop. It's kind of like SNL with NBC.

Fox the television studio is now owned by Disney, Fox the broadcast channel didn't go over. Murdoch is likely to change the broadcast channels into pure news and reality TV home. I have a feeling most of the scripted shows will be moving over to FX and FXX which both came over to Disney. You'll likely see Disney produce more of the Marvel shows like Legion and The Gifted, but slowly kill off shows like Simpsons.

Phroobar

Fox the television studio is now owned by Disney, Fox the broadcast channel didn't go over. Murdoch is likely to change the broadcast channels into pure news and reality TV home. I have a feeling most of the scripted shows will be moving over to FX and FXX which both came over to Disney. You'll likely see Disney produce more of the Marvel shows like Legion and The Gifted, but slowly kill off shows like Simpsons.
That would be good.

Professortango1

Yes, but did it change it in a good way? Its effect on society has been a rather negative one with building up the idiot father stereotype and disrespectful children.

You're kind of looking surface level at one of the wittiest and smartest shows on prime time for years.

Idiot father has been a sitcom trope for years, that's why the Simpsons made homage to that with the animated sitcom they created. Same with the boy who gets into trouble. They just made them less 50's.

D

Deleted member 107043

Odd thing to be proud of. The longest running sitcom with some of the best writers in TV history. The Simpsons changed the face of TV.

Maybe I should give it a try. What I've seen of the show and its characters has been decidedly unfunny to me. I do like some of Matt Groening's comics though. I'm a fan of Life in Hell.

SuddenStorm

Don't watch the current stuff though. Start at Season 1. The show now is very different than it was when it started, both in content and quality.

Antaundra

I'm a huge Simpson fan and still watch it occasionally. I wouldn't say the quality of the show has consistently declined, it just isn't as consistently good as it used to be. Every season there are still a handful of really great episodes, a few that are terrible, and most are mediocre. Even at its worst the Simpsons is still better than other garbage like Big Bang Theory.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What I can see happening is Disney doing a deal with Comcast in a content swap. For example the rights to Simpsons or something else for the rights to Marvel in Orlando. They did a similar deal with NBC Universal (prior to Comcast ownership) to get Oswald back, except it was Al Michaels as the content in that deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom