Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Matt_Black

Or Universal understand that you don't fix what isn't broken. You don't just keep fixing what already works because it is suddenly more popular when other areas of your offerings have been allowed to languish. Even then, the land's two major attractions have seen improvements and that includes one of the world's most highly regarded rides.

... This from the guy who complains about Splash Mountain....

Donaldfan1934

The problem with your theory is that the contract is a matter of public record and that Marvel has made changes to Marvel Super Hero Island, including one that is happening right now.
I've said in another post that Universal has updated things, but I tgi the last fundamental change was the storm ride which happened before 2009.

lazyboy97o

... This from the guy who complains about Splash Mountain....
Ehat does your inability to understand basic concepts of theme have to do with a publicly available licensing agreement?

I've said in another post that Universal has updated things, but I tgi the last fundamental change was the storm ride which happened before 2009.
Those upgrades and changes all still require the reasonable approval you deny exists as any sort of meaningful concept.

Matt_Black

Ehat does your inability to understand basic concepts of theme have to do with a publicly available licensing agreement?

The same thing as your inability to provide an answer whenever someone points out that the vaunted theme you talk about so much was never consistently implemented in the first place, so why focus on Splash?

lazyboy97o

The same thing as your inability to provide an answer whenever someone points out that the vaunted theme you talk about so much was never consistently implemented in the first place, so why focus on Splash?
This has nothing to do with Marvel, just some weird fixation you have. The theme doesn't go away because of your ignorance. Even Walt Disney Imagineering recognized the issues, westernizing some of the southern elements.

Donaldfan1934

The only thing that FF has that Avengers doesn't is DOOM! Best archenemy EVER. If he comes across as less than awesome in the movies, it's because it's all part of an ongoing smear campaign orchestrated by that accursed Richards. RICHAAAAAARDS!
Not undermining Doom or the franchise in any respect. Just speaking about how the relevancy of certain franchises has changed drastically since 1999.

Donaldfan1934

Where else would you expect to hear about it. If its 2 or 3 years away Universal isn't going to announce it this soon. They would rightfully fear that people would put off going to Universal until after it is open.
Other insiders and fan sites don't seem to have much on that rumor. Also, my entire point was that Universal would've done something with it 2-3 years ago if something was happening. I'm can't say that it 100% won't happen, I'm just saying that it seems less likely since it's taken them so long.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Or Universal understand that you don't fix what isn't broken. You don't just keep fixing what already works because it is suddenly more popular when other areas of your offerings have been allowed to languish. Even then, the land's two major attractions have seen improvements and that includes one of the world's most highly regarded rides.

^^^ THIS ^^^ No you don't fix what's not broken you maintain it and keep it fresh like Hulk which is getting a ground up rebuild to keep it fresh and exciting, yet the iconic Space Mountain is getting band-aids in the form of nightly visits from the welding fairy until it cannot be patched then it will be down for years.

Donaldfan1934

So, it's fine then, yes?
I'm a huge Splash Mountain fan, and I can say that while the ride saw a lot of overall plussing from DL, most of the things that are inferior have to do with the westernization of it. DL's soundtrack score was perfect and its a shame that it can't be heard on the ride in WDW. Again, I'm not obsessed with getting rid of the ride. This is just a personal opinion on something I love.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Since the day it was first created.

Yep, Even 'Walk This Way' from RUN DMC/Aerosmith is a bit raunchy, What passes for 'hip hop' these days is all about violence, The style itself is not inherently bad but it's practitioners advocate all the worst aspects of humanity.

Donaldfan1934

Aside from the attractions (particularly Spider-Man) and their improvements, the land itself is very dated and cheap looking. Just look at these photos and try and tell me that it would look the same if it were built today. http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/Photos/Marvel-Super-Hero/pages/24-Marvel Super Hero Island.htm

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Aside from the attractions (particularly Spider-Man) and their improvements, the land itself is very dated and cheap looking. Just look at these photos and try and tell me that it would look the same if it were built today. http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/Photos/Marvel-Super-Hero/pages/24-Marvel Super Hero Island.htm

The key is it was NOT built today and UNI will refresh as necessary, Heck right now they are working on rebuilding Hulk from the ground up, Skull Island Kong and rumors abound about HP Phase III i.e. Ministry of Magic and Jurassic Park upgrades.

I'm not a UNI 'Wand Waver' but UNI is doing more just keeping things 'Fresh' than Disney is doing to enhance their experience at WDW nearly everything is stale and old and predates the 'Super Hero Island'.

lazyboy97o

I know, I'm just saying the land isn't what modern guests would expect or want from a Marvel land overall.
How it would be built today is a lousy metric and has nothing to do with your theory. If anything it only further discredits your position because of the quality requirements that Disney once hoped they could try to use against Universal Orlando Resort.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And Disney still has yet to build a new attraction at WDW that tops even Spider-Man, which is over 15 years old now.

The question there is can WDI even do that these days with the huge brain drain from WDI to other firms and the top AA talent has gone to robotics firms cuz thats where the money and challenging projects live. Even at Avatar the headliner is basically an enhanced 'Soarin' attraction according to the insiders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom