marriage proposal

cofloyd86

Original Poster
hey guys and girls i am going to disney world in sept. and i am going to ask my girlfriend to marry me. but i am stuck on were it would be a good place and time to do it so could anyone help me out. thanx

slappy magoo

I did it @ R&C at World Showcase. Got an outdoor table, had flowers delivered to the table & popped the ? seconds before Illuminations began. Has always been one of our favored restaurants so a great choice for us imho :D

Chezman1399

I did it after Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. It's nice because they really help it be a surprise plus you get to sit at the window overlooking fantasy land for dinner.

Biff215

My wife loves Beauty and the Beast, as well as the long-running preshow performed by Four for a Dollar (Return 2 Zero off property). I contacted them in advance and set it up for them to call her up, saying they had heard that she had just graduated college, and that she could bring up her friend (me). After selling her on the graduation ploy, they handed me the microphone and I proposed. They then sung "When You Wish Upon a Star" and we enjoyed the show from the front row.

She loved it all, and it was really a cool moment. We became instant celebrities at the park, as hundreds of people had witnessed it. I guess that was the only downside, as it was a lot of pressure getting the words out in front of that many people!

Best of luck with your proposal!

Jason21783

I was struggling with the same dilema you were. We're going to WDW in Aug. and I came up with million different ideas, but nothing seemed right. Then someone directed me to contact the Disney Florist. They have a lot of great flower arrangements, but what interested me was the glass slipper on a satin pillow that they will deliver anywhere in the park for you. Its basiclly what you get with the proposal package at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Anyway, I ordered it, and wanted it sent to the Coral Reef for our last dinner of our trip. When I called to tell the manager at the CR that I would be droppng a ring off to be put in the glass slipper when it arrives, she suggested that we could be seated by the glass, and a diver could come by with a "Will You Marry Me?" sign. So, now a diver is coming by right when the ring is being hand delivered on a pillow.

Boy, I really hope this goes according to plan. Knowing my luck, she'll be in the bathroom when it happens, or the sign will go by, but I'll have no ring. I also worry some girl with the same name will think its for her, and I'll get some random dude in a lot of trouble.

Good Luck.

happymom52003

I think anything that involves being near or in the castle. What girl doesn't dream of being a princess? My husband proposed on one of the benches under the trees that used to be in front of the castle...the ones that are now gone:cry: . It was just like a fairy tale.:king: Except for the fact that the castle was a cake that looked like pepto bismal. But that is okay! On a side note.....my wedding cake was supposed to be a very pale peach color, but something went terrribly wrong and when they delivered it late to our reception, I was horrified because it was the EXACT pink of the castle cake! I kid you not. I nearly cried until someone pointed out to me that it resembled the castle when my husband proposed...so that made me feel better. Now it is just a funny memory.

DisneyGigi

:dazzle: Awww.....

A gal's take here. Anywhere is going to be great, (my vote would be near the castle) This is just soooo sweet though...
Great thread *sniff sniff*

Sadiebird

I was struggling with the same dilema you were. We're going to WDW in Aug. and I came up with million different ideas, but nothing seemed right. Then someone directed me to contact the Disney Florist. They have a lot of great flower arrangements, but what interested me was the glass slipper on a satin pillow that they will deliver anywhere in the park for you. Its basiclly what you get with the proposal package at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Anyway, I ordered it, and wanted it sent to the Coral Reef for our last dinner of our trip. When I called to tell the manager at the CR that I would be droppng a ring off to be put in the glass slipper when it arrives, she suggested that we could be seated by the glass, and a diver could come by with a "Will You Marry Me?" sign. So, now a diver is coming by right when the ring is being hand delivered on a pillow.

Boy, I really hope this goes according to plan. Knowing my luck, she'll be in the bathroom when it happens, or the sign will go by, but I'll have no ring. I also worry some girl with the same name will think its for her, and I'll get some random dude in a lot of trouble.

Good Luck.

That is a great idea! She's going to love it!!

Mickey&Minnie

On our last vacation there was a couple eating across from us at Le Cellier. He had already told the waitress that he was proposing. He took his girlfriend out to watch Illuminations. They came back into the restaraunt engaged so I am assuming he popped the question out there. The waitress had them a special dessert made and even a glass of wine. It was sweet and i think I even saw some tears rolling down her cheek.
I hope everything works out great for you. I know she will always remember that special night.

nankeldisney821

Being a woman myself, I think no matter where will be perfect. You could go a little furthur though, and find out her favorite ride or park or something she loves in Disney and incorporate that into it. You could ask her in front of her favorite ride or something like that. It may sound corny but if there is something special in Disney, then why not make it even more special for her to remember! Just a thought...

I went in October 2005 and waited the whole trip for my now husband to propose and never did while we were there! In fact we were in teh Halloween parade one night during MNSSHP and he even made a comment about "wouldn't this have been the perfect place to propose to you!" Still nothing!! :mad:

He did propose at my brother's house after we celebrated Christmas with my family because he knows how important my family is to me especially after losing my mom almost 5 years ago. :sohappy:

Anyway...he did it perfect anyway so I don't think it will really matter where or how you do it. Then you can go back for a great honeymoon like we did last October!! :)

Good luck!:wave:

Bug715

I agree that anywhere would be perfect. I also agree that a favorite ride or resturant would be great. I heard of a guy holding up a will you marry me sign while they were riding tower of terror. She didn't see it until they saw the picture.

smk

Good Luck.
This sounds just perfect! Good Luck! Hope waiting until the last day of your vacation doesn't get the better of you, stay focused on the trip and know that what you have planned is wonderful. Congratulations!

coltow

I just went to a wedding last weekend. The couple had gotten engaged during a Wishes Cruise on the 1st night of their vacation last year.

Nansafan

I've told this story on this website at least 6 times. Here we go again. My cousin proposed to his fiance during Wishes while we all (a total of 10 of us) were watching the fireworks from the Plaza Rose Garden. Five of us knew he was planning on proposing as he asked my brother for some help, had his sister bring the ring down with her and then myself and my friend were told the morning before it happened. We had a graduation dinner planned for my niece and her friend at the castle. While there, a guy proposed to his girlfriend and Paul just about freaked. As he said later, "that a-- stole my thunder." It happened to be an EMH night. We watched Spectromagic from Frontierland right after dinner. Paul was pacing and walked away from us coming back with pretzels and water for everyone. We had all just eaten and those of us who knew just laughed cause he looked so miserable and didn't know what to do with himself. We decided to watch the fireworks since we had time before our Buzz FP. We're in the midst of a crowd at the Rose Garden. Fireworks start exploding and my brother (video taping the event) whispers into Paul's ear "not yet". When Julie Andrews speaks for the second time saying something like "wishes do come true", Paul whispers into Breann's ear "do you know what my wish is? My wish is for Bre to be my wife." This is her first ever trip to WDW and she is intently watching the fireworks, her answer was "what!?" As she turns around, he drops to one knee and asks her to be his wife. She collapses into his arms crying and we are all waiting for the answer. Finally his sister says "well?" Paul turns to look at the rest of us, smiling, and said, "she said yes." We cheer, the people around us cheer and the fireworks explode over their heads. After the crowds clear, we go to Buzz for our FP and Bre and Paul head to Dumbo for a ride. Earlier in the day we had gotten them the Mickey/Minnie toasting glasses and bought a bottle of champagne which was already in the fridge in our room at the Poly. After EMH, we headed back to the room, had a toast and they left to the beach for a walk and some privacy. The wedding will be October 20th.

RiversideBunny

We've been married 42 years, as of this August.

I was going to suggest that you propose in a doom buggy in The Haunted Mansion but my wife, who knows better about these things, suggested the rose garden near the castle.

:king:

well I guess since I just proposed to my Fiancee at CRT on Feb 14th I should chime in on this one and say they made that night a great one. I started the day off with a surprise of 1 day park hopper tickets that she was not expecting and then we started the day at epcot where I purchased a Leave A Legacy Plate for us for our second surprise and she still didnt get it LOL at 12pm we jetted over to MK and I told her as we went in that we didnt have much time because we had to go to dinner off property at 4:30 but we would come back at 6 for wishes and spectro. At 415 we were at Toon Town and I said hey we need to head out baby and shes like ok, So shes starts to head towards tomorrowland and I said hey thru the castle is faster and she followed me (being I know everything about disney in her eyes) so we get to the castle and I said hey I need to ask a question from the desk right there and walked up with her to CRT check in and said reservation for ____ and they said go right in and she was like WHAT and I said surprise. So the whole way inside shes like are we getting a window seat I want a window seat and I said you cant just ask for them they have to give you one and IDK hun (I had made the CRT Proposal reservation 9 months in advance) so they called use upstairs and they took us to a 2 seat table right at the window over fantasyland and shes totally clueless. So dinner comes and the waiter takes the dessert menu when he drops it off so they come to get our dinner plates and she looks at me and goes HEY WHERES MY MENU I DIDNT GET TO PICK MY DESSERT, Then she goes I need to used the ladies room and I said no the shows not over yet and just then they bought out the ring on the bed of roses and in the slipper, she was in totally shock and couldnt speak so I got down on one knee forgot everything I was going to say cus everyone was looking at me and I squeaked out jessica will you marry me and she said YES, and then everyone CLAPPPED AND SCREAMMED. IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME AND THE BEST MONEY IVE SPENT EVER. To cap the night off I bought her the Valentines Day Pin set for 2007 and our best friend showed up to see use after wishes.

You can see the photos here.

Disney29

I just love hearing engagement stories. I was proposed to at the gazebo at the Yacht Club. As soon as he asked illuminations at Epcot started going off. Unplanned, but perfect timing.
A friends of mine was engaged on Main Street. They had the barber courtet sing a couple of tones. The mayor also announced it their day. He set up the evernt through the disney planning services.:)

Disney_Belle

My fiance proposed last September 20th, during Wishes, when the Beauty and the Beast theme music was playing and the fireworks were in the shape of hearts. (Beauty and the Beast is my FAVORITE movie) It was perfect. I agree, any girl would love to be proposed in front of Cinderella's castle! It was my 14th trip to WDW and by far the most special!!!

I think anywhere near the castle, at night with all the lights is the most magical time :) How about talking to a Main Street Photographer who takes pictures in front of the castle??? Tell them your plan and when its time for you and your lady to take your photo, pop the question and have all the pictures to remember!!!

My fiance had a video camera with one person and another with the digital taking photos and videos of the whole thing lol.

Or as someone said before, if you are looking for a more "private" moment how about the fountain???

There are just so many possibilities it all depends on what your preference is, whether you want a more secluded (the fountain) or magical (fireworks/photographer proposal) or during a nice dinner at world showcase!

Anywhere you do it you cant go wrong your in WDW!!! Good luck and best wishes to both of you!!!

sorceresssamara

Well on my last trip in Decemeber unbeknownst to me, my boyfriend had a clever plan of proposing. I found out after the fact it could have gone down any number of ways but here's what happened.

We were vacation with another couple, and we had breakfast at the Crystal Palace before the park opened. So when we were done eating the park had just opened and there wasn't a lot of people around the castle since they all had probably dispersed into the lands. Well he gives our friends husband the digital camera and says, "can you take a picture of us in front of the castle?" (he was in on the plan). So I didn't think anything of it and take a picture because that's just what you do! Well my bf goes and looks at the camera and is like, "the picture didn't come out, lets try again, this time we'll pose different." And boom right then and there he dropped down on his knee in front of Cinderella's castle. And now we have the picture evidence to prove it (see my avatar). People around us were cheering and clapping, it was quite the surprise and was a rememberable one at that!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom