Marketplace Co Op coming to Downtown Disney in early 2014

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think a really good idea for something that isn't anywhere else, would be a large area with spaces for people to sell their kickstarter-type projects. This might be a little edgy or forward-thinking for Disney, but I think people would flock to it. It would be like a real innoventions that people could invest in and get actual products. A lot of those crowd funded type projects aren't that expensive to buy into either, like Coin for example.
I don't think Disney would want to get involved with untested products.

FigmentsFangirl

Well gee; If only Disney could understand that closing pretty much all of Pleasure Island to remake it into the Landing at Disney Springs could quell shopping there. Heck over at West Side, its over hyped, not many shopping to do there from what I saw yesterday. I wander through Team Mickey quite a bit RideMakerz I was and still am curious about, once I saw they have a Mustang design, I am quite interested in that store, I wonder where they will move to ?

Would this have anything to do with the sudden space inside of World of Disney/Back end of Once Upon a Toy ? There is more space between stands and aisles inside World of Disney, and the back to middle part of Once Upon a Toy {where they have the design a lightsaber area} has quite a bit of open space. Couldn't they move Ridemakerz there ?

MissingDisney

We're heading back to Disney this spring. Our boys love Team Mickey and we actually spend a lot of time there browsing and playing with the cars. Ridemakerz has always been a hit and anything sports is golden to them. I overheard them talking about what model of car they want to design this time and figured I'd better break the news to them now....

I told them Team Mickey was closed now and other shops are going to take its place and I wasn't sure about the Ridemakerz stuff. They asked for specifics of the new stores so I pulled up the info and read it to them.

My 11 y/o's response without hesitation...

"THANKS A LOT MEG CROFTON!!!"

I love that kid! :joyfull:

JimboJones123

We're heading back to Disney this spring. Our bostructe ofeam Mickey and we act.lly spend a lod of time there browsin. and playing with the cars. Ridemakerz has always been a hit and anything sports is golden to them. I overheard them talking about what model of car they want to design this time and figured I'd better break the news to them now....

I told them Team Mickey was closed now and other shops are going to take its place and I wasn't sure about the Ridemakerz stuff. They asked for specifics of the new stores so I pulled up the info and read it to them.

My 11 y/o's response without hesitation...

"THANKS A LOT MEG CROFTON!!!"

I love that kid! :joyfull:
I really do not know how to respond to a parent that trains their kid to be disgusted by the executive structure of a mega corporation . My 11 year old really liked Frozen.

CDavid

I really do not know how to respond to a parent that trains their kid to be disgusted by the executive structure of a mega corporation . My 11 year old really liked Frozen.

You don't have to agree and and support every little project and every decision a company makes to greatly enjoy some of their offerings. You can recognize the lack of innovation, investment, and leadership from the executive ranks in Orlando but still like Frozen.

MissingDisney

I wouldn't either since that's not what happened. He is a Disney guru since it's been part of his life forever, he reads all things Disney, including yours and everyone else's posts on forums just like this. He will tell you about the things he's noticed that are not the same as they used to be, from his adolescent perspective no less. But on the flipside, when offered to go other places for vacation, he always turns them down and wants to go to Disney. He is smart and creative, very analytical and won a state award for his speech and presentation on Mr. Walt Disney. Thus bringing me to the point- he admires Mr. Disney's vision, not Ms. Crofton's. He came up with that himself. If we dissed Meg in conversation, I sure the heck would not be so hypocritical to take my kids to her kingdom every chance I get.;)

And by the way, we liked Frozen, too. 3 times.

Dj Corona

Sorry for being lazy, but just off of reading the first 3 pages....
A) Have always loved Team Mickey's, too...and like some, if not most, don't see too much difference in anything that could be or isn't already offered @ The Disney Store already there...unless it's an effort to try and thin out the crowds to make shopping easier (good luck with THAT!)
B) As a Baltimore Ravens fan from Maryland, sadly, for myself and family, there aren't a lot of Disney-fied options, other then the same jerseys, hats, etc. we can buy back home, just more expensive.....(cue up the Ravens haters, 3,2,1...)

KLeigh

Any word about the fate of the Rawlings store that was inside Team Mickey? It's the DBF's favorite retail space in all of WDW, and he will be heartbroken if he can't purchase a custom bat during our next trip. (It's his only vacation tradition!)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Any word about the fate of the Rawlings store that was inside Team Mickey? It's the DBF's favorite retail space in all of WDW, and he will be heartbroken if he can't purchase a custom bat during our next trip. (It's his only vacation tradition!)
It has closed and has relocated to an Outlet Mall off 535. (Thanks @PhotoDave219 for the info)

PhotoDave219

To be specifically clear, I was told at the store moved to the outlet mall that is across the street from the racetrack off 535. Towards Wal-Mart & Wawa.

Please do not confuse it with the outlet mall next to Chatham and the college program that is off of international Drive.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
To be specifically clear, I was told at the store moved to the outlet mall that is across the street from the racetrack off 535. Towards Wal-Mart & Wawa.

Please do not confuse it with the outlet mall next to Chatham and the college program that is off of international Drive.

Is this the location, we always purchased a bat, glove or wallet at the Rawlings Factory Store and am very sad to see it leave DTD.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Rawl...q=Rawlings+Factory+Store+Orlando,+FL&t=h&z=17

PhotoDave219

That's the place. At Steve has pointed out, the entire team Mickey store seems to be going away. The merchandise was always horribly overpriced versus anything you could get even at a spring training baseball stadium.

The baseball bats & gloves were nice touch though. That was the only unique thing.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Why are you surprised

1 - It's a quality product (DIsney got over quality long ago)
2 - It's not cheap made in China junk
3 - It does not have a Disney logo slapped on it somewhere
4 - It's unique

Of course it had to go - Needed space for cheap plastic c--p

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Why are you surprised

4 - It's unique

I never said I was surprised only saddened.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why are you surprised

4 - It's unique

Can you please stop coming into every single thread and going on a tirade. It is disrupting threads where people come for actual information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom