Mapping the changes...

rct247

This may not even be an issue...

Looking at Beast's castle, they're going to use severe forced perspective so that it appears far off in the distance. Do they need to do the same to the backside of the attraction for those that are on the train or is the train so far away that it's not necessary?

Nope, riding the train, you can't see the backside any more than you can see the access road, entrance to the Utilidors, etc.

The parade route thing is fixed. It won't change. In addition to RAXIP's post's, the access road behind Fantasyland is the only way Cast Members are bused into the Magic Kingdom. When parade floats are moving or parked on the access road behind Adventureland, no traffic can pass through for safety purposes. When you account for Movie It, Shake It, Celebrate It, Day Parade, and Night Parades, the amount of time that the road is blocked adds up. That access road from Big Thunder Mt around to Main Street is used for deliveries and so forth, but not as heavily used as the one behind Fantasyland. Parade turnaround time and power capabilities may also be an issue if they had to travel much further distance from start to finish and then backstage.

Lee

Adventurer
Will it look like Primeval Whirl with a little more theming? (Including the "cardboard cut-outs" and maybe a video screen or two?)

It'll look nothing like Primeval Whirl.
Far more theming, and less....um...well, ugly.
But, of course, much less thrilling.

TRONorail10

Oh there are so many reasons why a Fanstyland routed parade wouldn't work. And I took the liberty of making a few diagrams.

The first shows issues w/ the route in the park. The blue line represent the width of the parade route. The green, yellow and red areas represent the amount of parade viewing area. The green areas are as wide as the Main Street sidewalks. Yellow areas have limited viewing space, such as part of Liberty Square and red areas have no viewing area on the parade route (such as the Liberty Square bridge).

Routing the parade across the Tomorrowland/Fantsyland bridge substantially increase the red & yellow zones. Both on the hub and the again by the Tea Cups, if the parade could even fit by, w/o having to move the Speedway.
Fantasyland%20prade%20fail%202.jpg

The second shows the issues with backstage infrastructure of a Fantasyland bound parade. It would require massive backstage expansion to create a backstage circuit for the parade, like the one that currently exists (green route)
Fantasyland%20prade%20fail%201.jpg

Is it possible to change the parade route, most likely yes. Do the advantages of a new route out way the substantial cost and modifications to the park both onstage and backstage, no.

This will absolutely, positively, NEVER happen! In the new proposed parade route, it has the parade ending at the access road that leads to the utilidors. That road can NEVER be blocked for ANY reason, including parade floats. That is the only way frontline cast members, maintenance, and deliveries have access to the Magic Kingdom utilidors. The parade route was designed so that the parades could operate on a circuit loop. They leave the parade storage area, travel down Caribbean Way to Town Square and proceed through the park back to the storage area, thus creating a circle. In the proposed plan, there is no way a parade loop could be made on the east side of the park. Re-routing "might" be possible if the parade turned left at the tea cups (as long as it fit through to begin with), however once it got to Peter Pan and Small World, there would be little to no room for guests to have access to those attractions. And then there is the Columbia Harbour House upstairs dining room, which would have to be demolished to allow the floats to move back through Liberty Square and Frontierland. Like someone else mentioned before, to re-route the parade would require an ENORMOUS amount of work, and is a lot more complicated than people make it out to be. The parades can NEVER end backstage near the new Little Mermaid, there is NO ROOM and you cannot have parade floats block the cast access road at ANY point. The reason why Caribbean Way works is because that road has very limited access and closing it off doesn't have an effect on park operations. My whole argument is not disagreeing with the fact that a parade would make better sense through Fantasyland. My argument is that it is physically impossible to change the parade route at this point in time.

MickeyMind

^ Yep, that was me. It was a quick photo-shopping of Greg Pro's official painting... I imagined the mine coaster as a granite mound - like a mini Yosemite's Half-Dome or Australia's Ayers Rock (Uluru) in a fairy tale, 'Tangled'-like woodsy setting.
5341266308_54a3c45f48_z.jpg

Glad you like it, but I think it's very rough - I will try to do a more refined version at some point and post it. Hopefully, before then, actual concept art will be released.

Real nice! can you add a toontown in the pixie hollow area too? It would be awesome to see a real toontown in there! I think I will actually be satisfied with fle if they did that

Neverland

that mountain would be a lot of effort...

It'll look nothing like Primeval Whirl.
Far more theming, and less....um...well, ugly.
But, of course, much less thrilling.

Wait, so it's going to be an out-in-the-open coaster with some theming scattered around it? Like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril? Last I checked, the dwarfs' mine carts rolled about underground, in a mine, not out in the open... ? :veryconfu

S

stphnbogert

Wait, so it's going to be an out-in-the-open coaster with some theming scattered around it? Like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril? Last I checked, the dwarfs' mine carts rolled about underground, in a mine, not out in the open... ? :veryconfu

I hope its still indoor and outdoor. i'm hoping for some animatronic elements with the evil queen and a cohesive storyline. really great themes and use of technology could make it a great ride. and i'm REALLY wishing to see snow white's castle in the middle of BatB and LM. =D

Neverland

I hope its still indoor and outdoor. i'm hoping for some animatronic elements with the evil queen and a cohesive storyline. really great themes and use of technology could make it a great ride. and i'm REALLY wishing to see snow white's castle in the middle of BatB and LM. =D

I think it would be fabulous if it were like Crush's Coaster, combining coaster technology with animatronics, screens, and sets. :) Except hopefully it would load more than 8 people a minute (slowest loader EVER!). :lookaroun

For those of you who haven't seen/ridden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWLJxVT3i20

Lee

Adventurer

No. As described to me, the ride will have a substantial portion indoors.

WDWfanatic89

i wish with all that spare land up in the top corner with the dumping of pixie hallow, that'd they re-extend Tomorroland Speedway back to how it was BEFORE 1987 tore a part out for Starland or whatever it was called back then. Make it worth riding again. Its fun and great, but needs to be extended back to how it was. Now is the best time to do it!! Glad it wont be all princess stuff. Us Disney guys need something fun to do. We HAD 20k, Toad & Skyway, not the princess' are moving in :veryconfu haha

But I'm sure it'll be AWESOME when they're fully finished and I'm anxious to see it done, specially Phase 1

Chevross

By what I'm gathering, the Snow White Mine Coaster puts me in mind of Dollywood's Mystery Mine in Pigeon Forge, TN. Just exclude the 90ft drop, tight turns, and the roll-over. I'm talking more along the lines of show building and track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom