Mannequins to be turned into a resturant

ABQ

And Longhorn has better steak than many of Disney's restaurants...

How about Ruths Chris...
If it's got to be a steak house, why must it be something from any chain organization? Is it just that Disney will charge such an exorbitant lease fee that no "one off" restaurant could afford to open? I've been to enough of Ruths Chris/Mortons/Capital Grill's and have found that though they all offer exceptional service and wonderful piece of steak, that far more smaller, unknown places, do offer better service and quality, but at a much lower price and without the added pretentiousness that the other places force upon you. Longhorn would be the exception, they're not pretentious.

71jason

That's a huge space for a restaurant. I don't see how you do anything "high end" with that much ground to cover and that many dishes to make. I don't see how they fill tables 46 weeks out of the year, either.

PeterMarcus

If Patina Group is going to own/lease it, then it's not going to be a separate chain like a Ruth's Chris or a Capital Grill. It'll be something new, or maybe a spinoff of one of their current brands listed in the link in the article like the NYC Brasserie or LA's Pinot Grill.

However, I see they have five properties at Anaheim's Downtown Disney, so my bet is a clone of one of those.

Edit: Jinx with @GrumpyFan on the Downtown Disney Anaheim thing

TP2000

They have quite a few different restaurants in their portfolio, including 5 at Downtown Disney at DLR. I would guess they do something like what they've done there, maybe a Tortilla Joe's for table service, and a Taqueria for quick serve.

http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurants.php

Hey, at least it's not the Landry's group, who own T-Rex and Rainforest.

If it will be owned by Patina Group, that will be a great step in the right direction for WDW's Downtown Disney. And at least it's not Landry's and their collection of goopy microwaved FUN! restaurants like T-Rex or Rainforest or whatever.

Patina Group is based out of Los Angeles and they have had several upscale and very good restaurants at Disneyland's Downtown Disney since 2001. They also have several very popular but stylish and upscale restaurants in west Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.

Their Catal restaurant at Downtown Disney Anaheim is my favorite and go-to location for a great meal with consistently good service and a stylish, and definitely non-theme park vibe. A winner!

Patina Group's Catal Restaurant - Downtown Disney Anaheim
catal-dining-terrace.jpg

catal-fireplace-room.jpg

If Patina Group can capture the scene they've created successfully for the last 13 years in Anaheim's Downtown Disney, this will be a very good move for Orlando's Downtown Disney.

And again, at least it's not Landry's Themed Fun-Fun Location #1058.

Obi

i would definitely vote for a Lambert's to go in! Food is awesome. service is awesome. plus, they do not take reservations. first come, first served. no need to book it 6 months in advance. ANNNNNNND, they throw the rolls to you!

http://www.throwedrolls.com

check out the video on the home page... gives you an idea of what lambert's is like.

TP2000

Patina Group also has a lock on most of the restaurants and cafes located in the most famous and swanky of Los Angeles museums, concert halls and cultural institutions. They run the restaurants at The Getty Center, The Getty Villa, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles Museum of Modern Art, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles Music Center, etc..

These Patina museum and concert hall locations in LA are smaller but very sharply designed and operated to very high standards.
IMG00153-20110301-12302.jpg

And yes, those are real Eero Saarinen chairs, not knock-offs. About $50,000 worth of chairs in that photo. Patina Group knows the real thing.

This will be a very good step in the right direction for Orlando's Downtown Disney if Patina Group can make the jump out to Florida and can carve out a niche from the Landry's mega-market of goopy food served next to robot gorillas and leaky aquariums.

cspencer96

i would definitely vote for a Lambert's to go in! Food is awesome. service is awesome. plus, they do not take reservations. first come, first served. no need to book it 6 months in advance. ANNNNNNND, they throw the rolls to you!

http://www.throwedrolls.com

check out the video on the home page... gives you an idea of what lambert's is like.
I love Lambert's! Always a must for us when we are near the Gulf Coast and Orange Beach, AL. Not familiar with the other location, though. It's a ton of fun, just hate the long waits (3+ hours sometimes, for those not familiar - and it's about 45 mins out of town north of the beach cities). Not sure if I'd like it at DTD/Disney Springs though. I'm thinking something creative, and modern. Patina is good at that, so hopefully they will do a good job if they are in fact the new owners/lessees.

lunchbox1175

Hey, at least it's not the Landry's group, who own T-Rex and Rainforest.[/QUOTE]

Ha, actually I was thinking a Saltgrass would be nice, and that is Landry's owned, but doesn't have the big theming like T-Rex and Rainforest.

Why all the hate for Landry's....there owner is a bit of a moron, but they actually have a lot of really good restaurants, Brenners, Mortons, Vic & Anthony's, The Boathouse, Claim Jumper, Simms Steakhouse, Grotto, Mastro's Steakhouse, all are excellent concepts.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom