Mannequins to be turned into a resturant

SirLink

Are costumes like that meant to attract paying adults or children. Compare them to costumes in a WDW parade.

Well I don't see what is risky for children with those costumes its allowing families to enjoy a "safe" Mardi Gras experience recreated in a park - the costumes are thematically correct.

Those type of costumes are in London Carnival as well and loads of children show up, loads of elderly show up, loads of adults show up - no one says "Won't someone think of the children" because it doesn't hurt them ...

ToTBellHop

Well I don't see what is risky for children with those costumes its allowing families to enjoy a "safe" Mardi Gras experience recreated in a park - the costumes are thematically correct.

Those type of costumes are in London Carnival as well and loads of children show up, loads of elderly show up, loads of adults show up - no one says "Won't someone think of the children" because it doesn't hurt them ...
We will have to agree to disagree. You would never find those costumes in WDW. For better or for worse. This is a stupid argument to continue based on an initially satirical comment from yours truly.

CDavid

I don't see anything "adult only" - do you avert your eyes when you go to the pool or put your hands over your child's eyes when you see ladies in bikinis?

No, parents don't, but to be completely honest they probably should sometimes. However, these ladies aren't swimming. There is a big difference between a bikini around a swimming pool and such attire when dancing along in a show or parade.

SirLink

No, parents don't, but to be completely honest they probably should sometimes. However, these ladies aren't swimming. There is a big difference between a bikini around a swimming pool and such attire when dancing along in a show or parade.

You should come to London Carnivale loads of children loads of adults all having a good time with performers wearing costumes like in the photo ... There is no difference, the same amount of flesh is showing after all unless you feel uncomfortable...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
They have quite a few different restaurants in their portfolio, including 5 at Downtown Disney at DLR. I would guess they do something like what they've done there, maybe a Tortilla Joe's for table service, and a Taqueria for quick serve.

http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurants.php

Hey, at least it's not the Landry's group, who own T-Rex and Rainforest.

We ate at Naples last May at DTD-DL - it was "ok" and was really expensive. I think Via Napoli at EPCOT was better than Naples.

jt04

If you say so I guess. Yeah, I'm sure Americans would be totally fine if the USA Today started printing topless photos on page 3 of their paper.

The world is a complicated place. By the time you figure it out it might be too late. On a related note, Europeans do not fit the stereotypes many uncultured Americans have of them.

Stereotypes are almost always wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom