Mannequins to be turned into a resturant

bhg469

I can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not here!! I wouldn't mind something in the Tex Mex category, may be a high end Asian fusion place (not pf changs).

We should be prepared for something that is already a chain, nothing unique. Its not an awful thing, just hoping whatever it is, is good.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
The steakhouse is going in the old Comedy Warehouse location. This will be something different I assume.
oh and I was SO ready to que the meat market comments again!

Clearly the landing is going to be nothing but a landing of food. a boat house, the new MDP place, a steak house in former CW location, and Reglan road. What a bold new vision!

WDWFanDave

Paradiso 37 is right next door so they can't do Tex Mex there.

And apparently adults get nothing for themselves.

That's not true, adults get Pleasure Island!

Oh, wait...never mind...for a minute I was reminiscing a bit too much.

For all of my sarcasm of late, I really do hope that this is a true 'out of the park home run'. The concept seems decent, and at least it's exciting to see them moving right along on the project. This won't be anywhere near the top of the list of reasons that would get me to go back to WDW, as I've been doing for the last 36 years; however, I'm hopeful it'll turn into a real cash cow and that maybe, just maybe, after NGE/MDE/MM+ is accounted for, maybe some of those profits can get re-invested into theme park attractions.

It'll be interesting to see if at these new restaurants and shops, especially those that are taking over existing PI locations, if they are able to keep and integrate any of the highlights from the old establishments...kind of like hidden PI gems instead of hidden Mickeys.

SirLink

If it will be owned by Patina Group, that will be a great step in the right direction for WDW's Downtown Disney. And at least it's not Landry's and their collection of goopy microwaved FUN! restaurants like T-Rex or Rainforest or whatever.

Patina Group is based out of Los Angeles and they have had several upscale and very good restaurants at Disneyland's Downtown Disney since 2001. They also have several very popular but stylish and upscale restaurants in west Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.

Their Catal restaurant at Downtown Disney Anaheim is my favorite and go-to location for a great meal with consistently good service and a stylish, and definitely non-theme park vibe. A winner!

Patina Group's Catal Restaurant - Downtown Disney Anaheim
catal-dining-terrace.jpg

catal-fireplace-room.jpg

If Patina Group can capture the scene they've created successfully for the last 13 years in Anaheim's Downtown Disney, this will be a very good move for Orlando's Downtown Disney.

And again, at least it's not Landry's Themed Fun-Fun Location #1058.

Patina Group runs Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria right? Ew... worst meal of my entire West Coast trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom