Mandalorian and Grogu meet and greet for Walt Disney World

The Great Gonzo

You figure with the popularity of the show it would be a no brainer. I don't understand why they are forcing (pun intended) the sequel trilogy. Only the first one was good out of the bunch.

erasure fan1

You figure with the popularity of the show it would be a no brainer. I don't understand why they are forcing (pun intended) the sequel trilogy. Only the first one was good out of the bunch.
It's a matter of saving face. The powers that be want no part of being wrong about the choices that were made for star wars. Galaxys edge won't reach the following of something like Potter, until it understands all of star wars, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of Disney.

Mando and Grogu should have been in the land day one.

erasure fan1

Iger publicly took the blame for locking SWL into the sequel trilogy after seeing TFA getting $2B at the box office very intentionally moving the blame away from Kennedy. He acknowledged that was a mistake.
While I don't remember Iger ever admitting anything about that, I'll take your word for it. But it really makes little difference. Because if he actually thought it was a mistake it would be one of the simplest changes to make. But what has he not done? Changed anything. And he's had plenty of time to do it.

RSoxNo1

I don't understand why the Galaxy's Edge / Halcyon timeline is the one thematic integrity hill that Disney is willing to die on. The idea of putting a specific timeline into the land was a mistake. There have been a few examples of a specific timeline being relevant to a land but it's often been immaterial to future development or the timeline has been bent. When thematic integrity is at play, the more complex the "rules" of the land are the harder it is to not dilute that theme.

Disney built two lands in DHS, one is largely 2 dimensional (Toy Story) and the other is technically 4 dimensions (Galaxy's Edge). It's almost as if both lands would be better if they split the difference.

RSoxNo1

Just imagine being park ops having to tell guests that most of their favorite Star Wars characters can't be seen in Star Wars land, but instead, a building on the other side of the park next to the little Mermaid. Galaxies Edge is arguably the biggest fumble in theme park history.
No, it's not a fumble because it's an easily fixable choice. There have been decisions in EPCOT in the last 10 years that were substantially worse than any decision in DHS. I'd argue that not upgrading GMR and building Runaway Railway in the Animation Courtyard was a substantially bigger mistake for the operations of that park. That's coming from someone that was very ready to see GMR go away.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And now DLP…

🥲

Guests can finally meet the Mandalorian and Grogu at Walt Disney World in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge​

To get from Paris to Orlando in the same day he must have a fast ship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom