Man visits WDW for 365 days

WDW1974

Indeed. But he might be.

That said, I'm beginning to think I have infinitely more respective for the average unemployed loser than a dude that goes to WDW for 365 straight days.

I do too, frankly.

It's OCD behavior and odd no matter how 'normal' people think the dude is.

Anyone who goes anywhere (other than home ... or a shower etc.) 365 days a year is not acting in a healthy manner.

WDW1974

Having been in the parks 9 days this year, I've got a ways to go to catch up to this guy...but I'm close...I guess?

Hah! I think I have you beat at WDW ... or maybe behind by a day or two.

BUT ... you do have to add Anaheim in ... and TDL (or was that last year for you?) Still, I'd say you're (sadly, I know) not in the same league as this dude.

WDWFigment

Hah! I think I have you beat at WDW ... or maybe behind by a day or two.

BUT ... you do have to add Anaheim in ... and TDL (or was that last year for you?) Still, I'd say you're (sadly, I know) not in the same league as this dude.

9 days total. All parks.

Regardless of how many days I might eventually spend in the parks, I'd never endeavor to do 10+ days. But whatever...

the-reason14

Any discussion of this could certainly go into many psychological corners. Putting that aside for now, I'd just like to add that doing anything that the body doesn't require for 365 days in a row is some kind of bonkers relative to how I like to experience the world. I couldn't imagine eating a Snickers for a 20th day in a row, walking into my backyard for a 200th day in a row, or watching my favorite TV show 300 days in a row.

Yes but its Disney World. It's not just one park or place. I can see how he went 365 days if he went to other areas each day. And I don't think anyone can fault him considering we spend our free time talking about the place that we wish we could go to at least once a week. So good for him, if he's happy and not hurting nobody then go ahead.

SoccerMickey

:cool:wish I could do that!
I obviously can't speak for everybody but I think this is one of those be careful what you wish for scenarios. The parks are great but let's face it, they're meant to be a treat. And when you go 365 days in a year it will inevitably stop being a treat and you start to see un-magical things that you once ignored, now drive you crazy.
I go to the parks more often than the average fan but when I see how hot it is outside, or during a time of year of tour groups or crowds, or just thinking of the hassle it is to get into the Magic Kingdom, I choose staying home or something else.
Also to make it a once a day goal, who needs that stress? Imagine saying oh I finally have a day off, I need to get an oil change, I've been putting off the dentist for far too long, have to get this thing on my back looked at, and oh yea I have to go to Epcot so I can get my ticket stamped for the day...too much pressure!
But good for him that it's still a treat after all these days. He will make some girl (or boy) very happy someday.

Cmdr_Crimson

I like the fact how the Blogger says
I couldn’t believe it. While I love the parks, just the idea of visiting every day while working full time has me exhausted!

And what she really meant is....
no_life.png

BoarderPhreak

C'mon, you know you're all jealous. ;)

Personally, I'd be happy with half that - or half of that half. Sadly, I have a job and live five states away.

Last edited:

DoctorDisney

A 'real' reporter?

I know plenty and they don't generally have time off for 16 cruises in 24 months ... let alone spending 5-7 days a week at WDW ... but whatever ...

Yes, a "real" reporter. I cover the NFL for CBS Sports among other things. There is an offseason you know, and I can work from just about anywhere imaginable and often bring my computer with me into the parks to do some work, which can be done. So, yes...a "real" reporter. Thank you for your condescending nature about my profession.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The only thing I visit 365 days consequentially is the toliet.

I can't even say I saw my wife for 365 consecutive days...

At what point does someone say "Don't you have somewhere you should be?"

I guess when one is single and has no responsibilities...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

one also has no income.

asianway

Original Poster

I still say there should be a cap on AP admits. They were never meant to be used like this

flynnibus

Premium Member
one also has no income.

He says he has a 40hr a week day job. That's fine.. he works and then goes 'home'. But I think what this really says is.. he has no 'home' to goto.. but Disney. That's what I mean by no responsibilities and no one looking for him except those in the parks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I still say there should be a cap on AP admits. They were never meant to be used like this

I've said this for a long long time when it comes to the DL AP issue. For WDW the smaller percentage of these lifestylers is less of an issue. But it would be nice if Disney actually captured more revenue from them.

My solution has always been you buy in bulk and get a discount, or get loyalty discounts. Unlimited just isn't needed.

asianway

Original Poster
I've said this for a long long time when it comes to the DL AP issue. For WDW the smaller percentage of these lifestylers is less of an issue. But it would be nice if Disney actually captured more revenue from them.

My solution has always been you buy in bulk and get a discount, or get loyalty discounts. Unlimited just isn't needed.
They cut and cut and cut yet they celebrate an unprofitable admit. It boggles my mind

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
"Talked" to Brent this morning...he tried to respond to this thread but it wouldn't let him probably because he isn't signed up to be a member. Anyways here is his response:

Brent DodgeI tried to get on there to comment but it won't let me.
6 hrs · Like

Brent Dodge I wanted them to know that each day I did at least one attraction and in addition to a real 40 hour job, I also run my site and do my books
6 hrs

Good for Brent! He shouldn't have to justify himself to us or anybody else, it's none of our business if he has a job or "responsibilities". I say keep on keeping on Brent.

SoccerMickey

Not to go off topic but can someone explain to me what a lifestyler is? Is it someone who just goes into the park? Is it someone who does ALL things Disney, such as world wide parks, broadway shows, cruises(I would think that would be the ultimate lifestyler ) or someone who does all the special events? It's used on these boards a lot in (what seems) to be a negative term. Is that because it's someone who earns his living by visiting the Disney parks? I love the parks as much as anyone but I'm sure the IRS just loves the people who posts pictures of attractions and parades on their websites because that's their main source of income.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom