Man sought in attempted rape of Disney Art of Animation Resort Cast Memebr

slappy magoo

Seems unusual that there are no hallway cameras. I seem to recall cameras EVERYWHERE last time I was at AoA.
Could be a poorly written article, meaning to say there's no footage of the alleged assault. Also note that in their description of the culprit, they at one point refer to him as a her.
Deputies have released a composite sketch of the culprit, who is described as a Hispanic male in his early 30s, 5 feet 8 inches tall and 260 pounds with short dark hair, brown eyes, thin eyebrows, a non-descript tattoo on her upper right arm and a mole on the right side of his face.

Being that the alleged assault happened in one of the rooms, that wouldn't be on camera, but I'd find it odd if there's no footage showing a man who fits that description walking in the vicinity of that room before the alleged assault, or running from that vicinity after.

It's possible that guy really cased the location and knows where to hide to avoid cameras.

It's also possible (but unlikely) that the police DO have footage of a person of interest but are publicly stating they have no footage in an attempt to make him think he got away with it so they can catch him coming back on property to try again.

R W B

So does anyone else want to know how the man got in a family suite???

Disney is a no gun zone.

True as it should be, and I say that as a gun loving everyday gun carrying guy from Texas :)

But I doubt said scumbag limits his crimes to Disney property. I was talking about away from Disney.

I carry on Disney prosperity but never in the parks/DTD/Disney transportation. WDW is an 11 hour drive from my house that I usually do at night that involves gas stations and rest areas in the middle of the night and the same on the trip back. I know it's a gun free zone but saftey on the way to/from is more important to me.

BigTxEars

So does anyone else want to know how the man got in a family suite???

I carry on Disney prosperity but never in the parks/DTD/Disney transportation. WDW is an 11 hour drive from my house that I usually do at night that involves gas stations and rest areas in the middle of the night and the same on the trip back. I know it's a gun free zone but saftey on the way to/from is more important to me.

No doubt, I can fully support you in that. I was more referring to the parks than resorts. I fly, but if I drove there is no way I would drive from Texas without a 1911 with me :)

R W B

No doubt, I can fully support you in that. I was more referring to the parks than resorts. I fly, but if I drove there is no way I would drive from Texas without a 1911 with me :)
Gotcha! Yea, I don't think ill ever carry in the parks. That's wayyy too dangerous IMO.

COProgressFan

They wouldn't let you anyway. All guns are confiscated by security and held by them until you leave.

I've seen plainclothes security (read: very visably not a tourist, if you are paying attention to such things) intercept a guest before for a similar infraction at the gates. They do pay attention.

DizArielFan

I've seen plainclothes security (read: very visably not a tourist, if you are paying attention to such things) intercept a guest before for a similar infraction at the gates. They do pay attention.
Some people do slip through though, wasn't it last year that a grandma left her small pistol on the seat of a ride at WDW? She had her permit to carry so she didn't get in trouble.

BigTxEars

Unless they have metal detectors they would not know if the person carrying has any ideal what they are doing carrying concealed. Now if they are walking around with a belt holders designed for open carry then yeah that is going to "print" thru their clothing and would be easier to spot. But a properly concealed handgun in a proper concealed holster is invisible from the outside.

R W B

They wouldn't let you anyway. All guns are confiscated by security and held by them until you leave.

If I properly conceal a hand gun no one will notice it, trust me. With that said, I won't take that risk anyway. Not worth it IMO.

EOD K9

BTDT at Disney three times years ago. Not worth the hassle. Properly concealed, nobody knew I was carrying.

Dwarful

To be honest, with as large as WDW is I am a bit surprised this doesn't happen more often. The world is full of sick people. These type of things are reasons why I never let my girls (I don't have sons but if I did I wouldn't let them go alone either) go places alone...ie the pool, the food court, game room, etc. Just because it's Disney doesn't mean it can't be dangerous. :(

To be honest, with as large as WDW is I am a bit surprised this doesn't happen more often. The world is full of sick people. These type of things are reasons why I never let my girls (I don't have sons but if I did I wouldn't let them go alone either) go places alone...ie the pool, the food court, game room, etc. Just because it's Disney doesn't mean it can't be dangerous. :(

Sad to say i'm sure it happens more often than it's reported, but the victims are probably kids and the ones doing the victimizing, the odds are it's a family member or a close friend of the family.

As a father myself it's hard for me to believe that world is actually a safer place for kids today than in the past. The world is not that scary of a place and there are more good people than bad ones.

BigTxEars

Sad to say i'm sure it happens more often than it's reported, but the victims are probably kids and the ones doing the victimizing, the odds are it's a family member or a close friend of the family.

As a father myself it's hard for me to believe that world is actually a safer place for kids today than in the past. The world is not that scary of a place and there are more good people than bad ones.

I agree, I am not sure it's more dangerous today than before, just now we have 24 hours everywhere to report crazy bad things happening. In the 1950s I don't think folks in Houston ever heard about bad stuff that occurred in Denver, now we know with hours and have pictures and the like.

I agree way more good folks than bad, still have to be cautious but it's easy to get the mindset of the worst of all strangers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom