Man sought in attempted rape of Disney Art of Animation Resort Cast Memebr

wdwfan22

Original Poster
From local 6

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -
Orange County deputies are investigating an attempted sexual battery at Disney's Art of Animation Resort after a worker said a man forced himself on her.
Deputies said the woman, who is a housekeeping cast member at the resort, told them the man attempted to sexually batter her March 28 just after 2 p.m.
The victim said she found the door of Room 6526 ajar and when she went in to clean the room, the man attacked her, according to the report.
The victim was able to fight the man off, but received minor scratches to her chest, according to deputies.
The man then fled the area.
Deputies have released a composite sketch of the culprit, who is described as a Hispanic male in his early 30s, 5 feet 8 inches tall and 260 pounds with short dark hair, brown eyes, thin eyebrows, a non-descript tattoo on her upper right arm and a mole on the right side of his face.
The man was wearing a dark-colored ball cap with "NYP" on the front, a white T-shirt with a red Air Jordan logo on the front and khaki shorts, deputies said.
Deputies said there is no surveillance footage and that they don't believe the culprit is another Disney employee.
Contact Orange County deputies if you have any information on this incident.

UncleMike101

I hope she put a hurting on him before he ran away. I hope even more he was struck by a car as he ran across the parking lot, but I guess we would have heard about that. Sooner or latter this "guy" will try this again if not caught, I can only hope he picks a lady packing a .357, that would be sweet justice IMO.
Well......
At 5'08" and 260 lb he'll make a big, slow target.

BigTxEars

Yup....
For those of us who obey the Law

Yup again...
And Disney is one of the very few places that I don't carry.

Me too, that and at work. I carry everywhere else where it's legal. I have been carrying since 94 when it became legal in Texas. On a daily basis and I have never even come close to losing control of my firearm from it's holster. But I am not so sure about that on some rides, none at Disney are extreme enough to cause it IMO, but at other amusement parks I can see it. I think it only logical to error on the side of caution for Disney and to ban it. In Texas it's ban at those type of parks by state law, not sure about Florida. I would hope so.

I am active on a couple of firearm forums, I can tell you a lot of folks report that they do indeed carry as Disney. Not sure if they are just blowing smoke or not. From my trips there the only thing keeping me from doing it is my desire to obey the rules, it could be easily done.

All that being said when I go to WDW I leave it all behind, cell phone, watches, work, worries, cat feeding and gun carrying, I'm a totally freeman :)

EOD K9

Ok, back on track. Said dirtbag needs to get what is coming to him, and I wonder why they couldn't install inexpensive hallway cams at least.

BigTxEars

Ok, back on track. Said dirtbag needs to get what is coming to him, and I wonder why they couldn't install inexpensive hallway cams at least.

Thread was on attempted crime at WDW, turned to self protection conversation ( with a little street justice thrown in!) while at WDW. Not sure if that is off track or not, I don't think so. Could have been a guest as easily as a employee IMO.

It is odd a new resort like AoA does not have hall cameras, for security and for legal protection for Disney from accidents etc. With tech cost these days cameras for low cost overall.

UncleMike101

Calculate the number of those "inexpensive" cams that it would take to cover the people centric outdoor areas of WDW and you'll know why they haven't done that. Not to mention the extra lighting that would be necessary to see more than "dark blobs" in those areas. ;)

BigTxEars

Calculate the number of those "inexpensive" cams that it would take to cover the people centric outdoor areas of WDW and you'll know why they haven't done that. Not to mention the extra lighting that would be necessary to see more than "dark blobs" in those areas. ;)

I was thinking more of a liability issue I guess, I know where I work we review all accidents on video to see if they are legit or not. I would imagine there is a fair bit of savings in potential lawsuits from illegitimate accidents. Seems they would pay for themselves in that regard. Not sure though.

UncleMike101

I was thinking more of a liability issue I guess, I know where I work we review all accidents on video to see if they are legit or not. I would imagine there is a fair bit of savings in potential lawsuits from illegitimate accidents. Seems they would pay for themselves in that regard. Not sure though.
IMO Disney wouldn't want to buy, install, and provide adequate lighting for a large number of inexpensive cameras, or a relatively few expensive cameras, if they can avoid it.
There's no profit justification for such a move unless, as you mention, there are some notable lawsuits over providing "adequate" Security measures property wide.
As we noted earlier, the lawless people in our society don't obey the Laws and aren't deterred by prohibitions against weapons, or illegal behavior.
Security cameras may help but I've seen many crimes committed by individuals who knew, or should have known, that they were being observed on camera.

BigTxEars

IMO Disney wouldn't want to buy, install, and provide adequate lighting for a large number of inexpensive cameras, or a relatively few expensive cameras, if they can avoid it.
There's no profit justification for such a move unless, as you mention, there are some notable lawsuits over providing "adequate" Security measures property wide.
As we noted earlier, the lawless people in our society don't obey the Laws and aren't deterred by prohibitions against weapons, or illegal behavior.
Security cameras may help but I've seen many crimes committed by individuals who knew, or should have known, that they were being observed on camera.

Oh no doubt, scum is scum and cameras will not hinder them much if at all. I think I am too biased to make my self clear, we have lots of "slips, trips and falls" where I work. A large number of them are just plain fake and they attempt to sue. The cameras are the best proof of liability to counter those suits. And as you know it does not take many prevent lawsuits to offset the cost of cameras. Again I am pretty biased on this and have zero ideal about this at WDW.

UncleMike101

Oh no doubt, scum is scum and cameras will not hinder them much if at all. I think I am too biased to make my self clear, we have lots of "slips, trips and falls" where I work. A large number of them are just plain fake and they attempt to sue. The cameras are the best proof of liability to counter those suits. And as you know it does not take many prevent lawsuits to offset the cost of cameras. Again I am pretty biased on this and have zero ideal about this at WDW.
I agree.
From a liability standpoint, and in a relatively small area, cameras can be invaluable.
I guess my thinking is that WDW is so large, and the areas where people congregate so spread out, that putting surveillance cameras in enough spots to cover those places would be a tremendous cost, even for the WD Company.

BigTxEars

I agree.
From a liability standpoint, and in a relatively small area, cameras can be invaluable.
I guess my thinking is that WDW is so large, and the areas where people congregate so spread out, that putting surveillance cameras in enough spots to cover those places would be a tremendous cost, even for the WD Company.

I agree, like I said I am thinking on a much smaller scale at work and thus too biased to understand the cost to WDW. Although I bet the video from World Showcase on a Friday night might be interesting to watch :)

jlsHouston

From local 6

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -
Orange County deputies are investigating an attempted sexual battery at Disney's Art of Animation Resort after a worker said a man forced himself on her.
Deputies said the woman, who is a housekeeping cast member at the resort, told them the man attempted to sexually batter her March 28 just after 2 p.m.
The victim said she found the door of Room 6526 ajar and when she went in to clean the room, the man attacked her, according to the report.
The victim was able to fight the man off, but received minor scratches to her chest, according to deputies.
The man then fled the area.
Deputies have released a composite sketch of the culprit, who is described as a Hispanic male in his early 30s, 5 feet 8 inches tall and 260 pounds with short dark hair, brown eyes, thin eyebrows, a non-descript tattoo on her upper right arm and a mole on the right side of his face.
The man was wearing a dark-colored ball cap with "NYP" on the front, a white T-shirt with a red Air Jordan logo on the front and khaki shorts, deputies said.
Deputies said there is no surveillance footage and that they don't believe the culprit is another Disney employee.
Contact Orange County deputies if you have any information on this incident.

Is room 6526 in the mermaid section?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom