Man Arrested for Allegedly Groping a Face Character in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
This guy is just a sleaze, plain and simple. He looks like he's abused his share of substances, too.
The substances abused him more!

I think I am going to wait and see how this turns out. I grew up in a different America and was not a witness to this, so I will condemn no one. I would like to see how it plays out.. speculations are very harmful...

Innocent until proven guilty... you're right. But nobody's going to be shocked if this story ends up being 100% accurate with captured images to prove it. I've read about instances where people thought they were being violated somehow, and it turned out the situation was something else entirely. I don't find it likely that this story will end up being one of those. The Character and the handler both know cameras are everywhere in WDW so crafting a fictitious story would be challenging to the best liars, not to mention they'd have been extremely lucky to pick out a guy by chance who happened to have a prior for related behavior.

mergatroid

The substances abused him more!
The Character and the handler both know cameras are everywhere in WDW so crafting a fictitious story would be challenging to the best liars, not to mention they'd have been extremely lucky to pick out a guy by chance who happened to have a prior for related behavior.

Well you say that, but looking at him ........................................................... :rolleyes:

Lilofan

I realize that - I was commenting on people thinking it is directly the result of television. This guy is just a sleaze, plain and simple. He looks like he's abused his share of substances, too.
That is a very broad statement on assuming because of his looks. I know of neighbors who don't use drugs that don't eat a proper diet and lack exercise, work long hours and it shows in their facial features.

ImperfectPixie

That is a very broad statement on assuming because of his looks. I know of neighbors who don't use drugs that don't eat a proper diet and lack exercise, work long hours and it shows in their facial features.
You're seriously defending a registered sex offender who has now been arrested for groping a CM from assumptions that he abuses drugs and/or alcohol? If he's the same Brian T. Sherman listed seven times in the myorangeclerk.com records with dates ranging between 2010 and 2001 not including this most current arrest, I think it's a pretty safe assumption. People who don't abuse drugs and/or alcohol are usually able to avoid getting into trouble like that.

EDIT: Also, you have no way of knowing that your neighbors don't abuse substances...one thing some addicts can be really good at (especially alcoholics) is hiding their addiction.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

You're seriously defending a registered sex offender who has now been arrested for groping a CM from assumptions that he abuses drugs and/or alcohol? If he's the same Brian T. Sherman listed seven times in the myorangeclerk.com records with dates ranging between 2010 and 2001 not including this most current arrest, I think it's a pretty safe assumption. People who don't abuse drugs and/or alcohol are usually able to avoid getting into trouble like that.

No one is defending his actions. The poster was condemning judging someone by their looks. Calling someone a “creepy old man” because of their looks is really messed up. Or do you frequently call people names based solely on their looks?

Lilofan

Don't put words in my mouth. You are the one assuming he is an abuser of drugs and booze and the look that goes with it? Proof on him directly abusing this stuff?? Please...

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Don't put words in my mouth. You are the one assuming he is an abuser of drugs and booze. Proof on him directly abusing this stuff?? Please...
Sorry, but I have lots of familiarity with addiction, and he has alcoholic written all over his face. His arrest record adds to my suspicion. Also, you shouldn't assume that your neighbors aren't abusing substances - one thing many addicts are really good at is hiding their addiction for long periods of time.

ETA: It's also not just his facial features that make me think that - it's the way he holds himself, too.
No one is defending his actions. The poster was condemning judging someone by their looks. Calling someone a “creepy old man” because of their looks is really messed up. Or do you frequently call people names based solely on their looks?
I didn't call him a "creepy old man" at all. I said "He looks like he's abused his share of substances, too", which he does. I also called him a sleaze. He is a registered sex offender after a battery incident involving a 12-year-old child.

Last edited:

itsy bitsy spider

Adults can enjoy the parks without having to act like children. Leave that to the children. If you want to meet characters so bad go to a character meal.

This way kids don't have to wait for an hour or more because of a bunch of immature people want to play pretend.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images(5).jpg

LittleBuford

I think any adult without kids who poses with characters has a bit of creepiness to them. If it's just Mickey, you get a pass. But, a grown A$$ man with any female character is a creep. When we pass the lines for photos and I see people without kids, my first thoughts are weirdo, creep, and strange. I bet the CMs find most of the adults to be weird and creepy too.

What utter drivel.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yeah he looks creepy. I think any adult without kids who poses with characters has a bit of creepiness to them. If it's just Mickey, you get a pass. But, a grown A$$ man with any female character is a creep. When we pass the lines for photos and I see people without kids, my first thoughts are weirdo, creep, and strange. I bet the CMs find most of the adults to be weird and creepy too.

🙄

TrainsOfDisney

And still more nonsense!

As adult Disney fans, we of all people should know better than to automatically read creepiness into grownups enjoying Disney magic.

Yes I’m waiting for a list of things I’m allowed to enjoy at Disney and not be judged. Can I have my photo taken in front of a princess castle? That seems creepy for an adult male to do right? Guess I can’t go inside the castle to enjoy the mosaic art either.... cause going inside a princess castle is obviously creepy....

Oh goodness... riding a dark ride is certainly on the list... so scratch off those.... oh it’s a small world... lots of dolls so certainly not appropriate.... I think the classics of pirates and haunted mansion are safe along with hall of presidents and the carousel of progress. The riverboat and peoplemover should also be safe since they are transit.

Since the parades and firework shows feature the princesses I’m not sure if I can watch them judgement free or not. Is it creepy to wave to a princess in a parade? Oh no.... I thought I was just enjoying a parade and now I’m on the creep list.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes I’m waiting for a list of things I’m allowed to enjoy at Disney and not be judged. Can I have my photo taken in front of a princess castle? That seems creepy for an adult male to do right? Guess I can’t go inside the castle to enjoy the mosaic art either.... cause going inside a princess castle is obviously creepy....

Oh goodness... riding a dark ride is certainly on the list... so scratch off those.... oh it’s a small world... lots of dolls so certainly not appropriate.... I think the classics of pirates and haunted mansion are safe along with hall of presidents and the carousel of progress. The riverboat and peoplemover should also be safe since they are transit.

Since the parades and firework shows feature the princesses I’m not sure if I can watch them judgement free or not. Is it creepy to wave to a princess in a parade? Oh no.... I thought I was just enjoying a parade and now I’m on the creep list.

Is it ok to wander around in the tunnels on Tom Sawyer's Island? I have done that as an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom