Man Arrested for Allegedly Groping a Face Character in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

How common is an attempted molestation of a character? I don't think Disney needs to make major changes if it is extremely rare.

My gut would say it's pretty rare since doing that in front of so many witnesses and a camera should deter all but the sickest perverts. As a normal person I can't really understand how somebody could decide that it was worth the risk.

Jedi Stitch

That is disgusting. I do the hand on shoulder, so you can see the hand. I use the same rule the CMs have, about visible hands. I feel self concuss when at meet n greets, not sure is under the costume sometimes either. I faux pass once, I had put my arm around Rafiki, like a side hug, on he was a she under, once I felt "more", I quickly said sorry, and started to do the shoulder thing. It is one thing if it was an accident, but a whole other thing when you do it again intentional.

Cesar R M

Why in the world would you assume that a man groping a woman's breast without her consent was done in the name of humor?
You'd be surprised how many internet morons would claim that and excuse that behavior.
"Its was a joke sir!" after one dude gets detained by killing a man by pushing him in a cliff.
or worse.. the racist tirades.. "a joke"

Cesar R M

The crime of Battery is a First Degree Misdemeanor and if convicted of Battery, a judge can impose any combination of the following penalties:
  • Up to one (1) year in jail.
  • Up to one (1) year of probation.
  • Up to $1,000 in fines.
Would the judge take his past as sexual offender to make it the highest possible penalty?

Cesar R M

In Florida, yes. But it's impractical to expect Disney, with thousands of visitors each day, from all over the planet, to run a background check on each guest.
Til they implement a form of face recognition for automation disguised as a "bonus" to the visitors, just like Magicbands did.

Cesar R M

Looks like they already have a new permanent meet and greet area ready for face characters:

KingstonPenVisiting.jpg
In that context.. the tissue papers in the picture becomes waaaay creeepier.

Why??? Please explain to me how it’s wrong for me to have my photo with Mary Poppins or why it’s right to judge me for doing so?

Am I allowed to pose for a photo in front of a princess castle?

Purists will exclaim you're behaving inappropriately and abusing the privacy and honor of the castle ;)

Isramom

What is the policy exactly? I don't want to deal with any touching from Flynn or Prince Eric. Will they follow my cues?

DugLovesU

This Ariel M&G has always been popular with adult men and I have heard from a "friend" of Ariel's that the handlers and photographers receive some extra training on how to handle guests like this. Not only does the handler for this Ariel need to be able to help her come onstage but to basically act as a bodyguard.
One Fast Pass I will definitely NOT be getting when I log on at 4:00 AM on Thanksgiving Morning!

Snow Goof

Disney would have fired her on the spot.
That has happened before.
Which is a big shame given the rare and extreme circumstance she found herself in. I realize you're not supposed to fight fire with fire, but nobody with any marbles left in their head would fault Disney for looking the other way and not punishing any sort of defense against this behavior.

natatomic

How common is an attempted molestation of a character? I don't think Disney needs to make major changes if it is extremely rare.

My gut would say it's pretty rare since doing that in front of so many witnesses and a camera should deter all but the sickest perverts. As a normal person I can't really understand how somebody could decide that it was worth the risk.

I would think overt attempts like this are rare, pretty much for the reasons you stated.

However, I’d imagine there’s a decent amount of rear-end pinching since it’s possible to do without witnesses, and pervy comments are probably even more common than that. It’s all “he said, she said,” with those instances, and the logistics of reporting it while doing a set on stage and then chasing the person down amongst tens of thousands of people are difficult at best.

I was never in entertainment, but just in my attraction role when I worked there, I was spanked by a father as he walked past me (he was overly excited about his son being tall enough for the ride after I measured him). And in another instance while doing some crowd control, I was motioning with my hand (opening and closing my fingers in a “keep moving” motion) and a middle-aged man with long greasy hair bent toward my ear and asked me, “do you do that in bed, too?” It confused me at first and caught me off guard, so I just looked at him puzzled and said, “What? No...?” And then as it dawned on me what he was asking/implying, he laughed at the look of horror on my face as he and his wife kept walking.

Last edited:

Lisalyn

I get the guy is a scumbag and should be arrested and all but what I don't get is that the "princess" was crying and shaking. I'm like really it's not that traumatic to be crying and shaking. I would have probably lost my job because I would have just slapped him.
People react to situations differently. She was crying and shaking because she knew she couldn't do anything about it and SHE WAS SCARED! Let's see how your response plays out if you are sexually abused / molested. I'm tough as nails but if some guy I didn't know groped the heck out of me I'd be upset as all get out also. She could have just been angry and that's how she was coping. Honestly it doesn't matter how she reacted. The ugly truth is that it happened and never should have...not on any day in any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom