Man Arrested for Allegedly Groping a Face Character in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

I am sure the incident is video taped, especially after the Goofy nonsense a few years ago, so the truth will emerge. My point is, I don't truly believe people without a cross examination. People have reasons to lie and those reason may not be apparent..

A pretty big coincidence for various CMs to have concocted the same lie about someone who (unbeknownst to them) was already a convicted sex offender.

I agree with you that he needs to be given his day in court, which he will be, but I don't think we're being unreasonable in believing the version told by the CMs.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Have they made public statements? if so then we need to go right to the sentencing phase..

hate to quote a political case and don't want a can of worms, but Blassey Ford named a witness on her accusations against Kavanaugh, along with a vague year and location.. turned out the witness (best friend) claims she wasn't there and never met him, but a swath of the public believed her and the case should have been pushed to the sentencing phase(auto trial bypass)..

I am sure the incident is video taped, especially after the Goofy nonsense a few years ago, so the truth will emerge. My point is, I don't truly believe people without a cross examination. People have reasons to lie and those reason may not be apparent..

In this case, I give her the benefit of truth, but I want it verified.. a person's freedom is a stake

This isn't someone testifying about an incident that happened years ago.

This is a costumed cast member, who is accompanied by a character attendant, whose responsibilities include preventing guests from getting a tad too friendly with a face character. Along with a photopass photographer. The guy was told to remove his hand from the CM's shoulder - guests aren't allowed to put their hands there. Both the CM character attendant and the photographer noticed the CM protraying Ariel was visibly upset after this. She started crying. They terminated the M&G.
Once again, the guy was convicted of sexual assault on a minor under 12. He's permanently on the sexual offender and predator list maintained by FDLE. If convicted under Jessica's Law, he's required to wear an electronic tracking device. That 3 WDW CMs would know this and try to frame the guy is utterly preposterous.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
This isn't someone testifying about an incident that happened years ago.

This is a costumed cast member, who is accompanied by a character attendant, whose responsibilities include preventing guests from getting a tad too friendly with a face character. Along with a photopass photographer. The guy was told to remove his hand from the CM's shoulder - guests aren't allowed to put their hands there. Both the CM character attendant and the photographer noticed the CM protraying Ariel was visibly upset after this. She started crying. They terminated the M&G.
Once again, the guy was convicted of sexual assault on a minor under 12. He's permanently on the sexual offender and predator list maintained by FDLE. If convicted under Jessica's Law, he's required to wear an electronic tracking device. That 3 WDW CMs would know this and try to frame the guy is utterly preposterous.
One article said Sherman allegedly "repeated how much he loved" the character and cupped his hand under her bra. I think this was his response after being asked to remove his arm from her shoulder?

If that is what he did, I'm glad action was taken.

LAKid53

Premium Member
One article said Sherman allegedly "repeated how much he loved" the character and cupped his hand under her bra. I think this was his response after being asked to remove his arm from her shoulder?

If that is what he did, I'm glad action was taken.

He groped her breast...

"The groping was 'witnessed by co-workers who provided statements that were consistent with the victim's statement,' the arrest report says."

mergatroid

The lady in question did really well not to react under the circumstances. A lot of women would have just kicked or punched him as hard as they could in the ***** :cry:

MAGICFLOP

A pretty big coincidence for various CMs to have concocted the same lie about someone who (unbeknownst to them) was already a convicted sex offender.

I agree with you that he needs to be given his day in court, which he will be, but I don't think we're being unreasonable in believing the version told by the CMs.
I never said that anyone was lying... I said everything needs to be verified... before a sentence is handed out...

Years ago, a guy playing goofy was accused of a similar incident against a teenage girl... sounded bad... then later it was revealed that the girl's mother had also accused a Disney character a couple of years earlier..

I only read the original poster's link and it did not mention a prior history of the suspect, but I take your word at his prior. I believe my post mentioned that I lean toward Ariel's side.

My point: I don't convict anyone of anything until I am convinced beyond a reasonable doubt.. basically the rule of law...

(no, I am not a lawyer)

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Out of the millions who visit WDW every year there may be some unstable people who visit the same characters repeatedly, that doesn't make every adult who takes a pic with character a cuckoo nut.

It's fun to interact with characters, kind of like participating in improv. Totally normal for the good natured people who do enjoy it.

Lilofan

Out of the millions who visit WDW every year there may be some unstable people who visit the same characters repeatedly, that doesn't make every adult who takes a pic with character a cuckoo nut.

It's fun to interact with characters, kind of like participating in improv. Totally normal for the good natured people who do enjoy it.
That is why I liked a lot the improv statues in France when I went to Epcot. Totally unpredictable when they start messing with guests including ladies handbags! No groping there but makes for good pictures hugging the statues.

Last edited:

BromBones

Original Poster
Clearly Princesses/Face Characters run into strange or disturbing people every so often. This is no way is meant to justify what this most recent creep did, but I found an article that I had added to my reading list 6 years ago about what it's like to be a Disney princess.

Here is an excerpt from the article (link below)

"For several weeks, a very old man would come to the park on Saturdays and see me. He would always bring me pictures of his Snow White memorabilia and try to kiss me. He quickly realized that at the time I was the only girl with brown eyes and that must mean that I was the true Snow White.

So one day I had Saturday off and he met Snow White, but she happened to have blue eyes. Well, the next time I showed up for work he was ed. He told me that he was going to kill all the girls with blue eyes and that when he died we'd be together. I totally freaked out and had to report him to security. He had his annual pass revoked.

I was really young at the time so management had to get involved. The whole thing was a mess.
"

Threatening to kill all of the Snow Whites is exponentially more disturbing then a creep copping a feel.
But Disney did not stop adult males from meeting princesses.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Clearly Princesses/Face Characters run into strange or disturbing people every so often. This is no way is meant to justify what this most recent creep did, but I found an article that I had added to my reading list 6 years ago about what it's like to be a Disney princess.

Here is an excerpt from the article (link below)

"For several weeks, a very old man would come to the park on Saturdays and see me. He would always bring me pictures of his Snow White memorabilia and try to kiss me. He quickly realized that at the time I was the only girl with brown eyes and that must mean that I was the true Snow White.

So one day I had Saturday off and he met Snow White, but she happened to have blue eyes. Well, the next time I showed up for work he was ****ed. He told me that he was going to kill all the girls with blue eyes and that when he died we'd be together. I totally freaked out and had to report him to security. He had his annual pass revoked.

I was really young at the time so management had to get involved. The whole thing was a mess.
"

Threatening to kill all of the Snow Whites is exponentially more disturbing then a creep copping a feel.
But Disney did not stop adult males from meeting princesses.

Scary...

But the most recent individual isn't a creep, he's a convicted felon who's a registered sex offender. Tad more than a creep.

BromBones

Original Poster
I think a possible answer to the problem is add the princes to the princess meet and greets. I feel like pervy guys would be less likely to prey upon the princesses if her prince is present, because there would be an extra set of eyes on the guest.

Not overall a bad idea. Some creeps would be less likely to try something if the prince is present, but those creeps also know that the prince has to stay in character so them trying something on a princess wouldn't change in some cases.

But the main reason this probably wouldn't happen is because Disney would have to pay two face characters for every princess meet and greet. And we all know that Disney doesn't like to pay more money than they need to.

MotherOfBirds

The lady in question did really well not to react under the circumstances. A lot of women would have just kicked or punched him as hard as they could in the ***** :cry:

It's terrifying to be groped or harassed in your place of work, especially when you're working a low wage job. It's so rampant, from coworkers or from patrons, that you develop a small degree of complacency just to get through the day, whether it's trying to laugh something off or freezing up and waiting for it to be over. There's maybe a 50/50 chance that your employer will defend you if you decide to retaliate, verbally or otherwise. If it's a coworker harassing or assaulting you and you decide to report it to your boss, be prepared for other coworkers to turn on you because they're friends with the offender. You are always aware of the fact that causing 'too much of a fuss' (real words I heard from an old assistant manager) puts you in jeopardy of being fired, hours cut, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom