Man Arrested for Allegedly Groping a Face Character in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Movielover

I’m pretty sure “defending their girlfriend’s/wife’s honor” is in character.

Ohhh, remind me not to off the Padme meet and greet...

1573399302178.png

:eek:

LittleBuford

I think a possible answer to the problem is add the princes to the princess meet and greets. I feel like pervy guys would be less likely to prey upon the princesses if her prince is present, because there would be an extra set of eyes on the guest.

This would just reinforce the idea that the princesses are weak creatures available for the enjoyment of (or in need of protection from) men. It would be a great shame if these “bright young women” lost their autonomy simply because some guests can’t control their urges.

celluloid

It's terrifying to be groped or harassed in your place of work, especially when you're working a low wage job. It's so rampant, from coworkers or from patrons, that you develop a small degree of complacency just to get through the day, whether it's trying to laugh something off or freezing up and waiting for it to be over. There's maybe a 50/50 chance that your employer will defend you if you decide to retaliate, verbally or otherwise. If it's a coworker harassing or assaulting you and you decide to report it to your boss, be prepared for other coworkers to turn on you because they're friends with the offender. You are always aware of the fact that causing 'too much of a fuss' (real words I heard from an old assistant manager) puts you in jeopardy of being fired, hours cut, etc.

Sadly with pressing charges, that will go on your own and the company may excuse time out of worj bht tylically not paid. I hope she goes for it tooth and nail.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I think a possible answer to the problem is add the princes to the princess meet and greets. I feel like pervy guys would be less likely to prey upon the princesses if her prince is present, because there would be an extra set of eyes on the guest.
But Bob, I'd never expect you to say that. It costs real money.

Lilofan

Doesn't each character have a character attendant with them when the character greets the guests?

BromBones

Original Poster
This would just reinforce the idea that the princesses are weak creatures available for the enjoyment of (or in need of protection from) men. It would be a great shame if these “bright young women” lost their autonomy simply because some guests can’t control their urges.

Well, You do make somewhat of a point. Disney’s latest push has been to make their female characters strong and not need the men in their stories. They are even reinventing older stories to change the usefulness of the male characters. So the princesses NEEDING the men with them to protect them might actually fly in the face of that.

realBobChapek

That wasn't what I was going for with my comment, and I apologize if that's how it came across. My thinking was that it would be harder for creeps to get away with stuff with multiple characters present, and having a prince would be relevant to the princesses' backstory. Plus, if a single guy shows up, the prince could be trained to stand between him and the princess for photos, making an assault more difficult.
But Bob, I'd never expect you to say that. It costs real money.
Hey, I love my money, but I don't like seeing people get hurt!

LittleBuford

That wasn't what I was going for with my comment, and I apologize if that's how it came across. My thinking was that it would be harder for creeps to get away with stuff with multiple characters present, and having a prince would be relevant to the princesses' backstory. Plus, if a single guy shows up, the prince could be trained to stand between him and the princess for photos, making an assault more difficult.

My turn to apologise—I knew that's not what you were going for and didn't mean to make it seem that you were saying something you weren't. Although I understand the practical advantages of what you suggest, I still think the result could end up sending an unfortunate damsel-in-distress message. I'm very curious to see what measures, if any, they take in the future to address this issue.

HongKongFu

It is a personal matter for the CM to persue. It is not something Disney is going to do. They just issue a tresspass.

Once this event became a criminal matter it most definitely became a public concern.

Furthermore, neither Disney nor Ariel have anything to do with the decision to pursue a criminal complaint.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Once this event became a criminal matter it most definitely became a public concern.

Furthermore, neither Disney nor Ariel have anything to do with the decision to pursue a criminal complaint.

Actually, that's incorrect. If the victim decides to not press charges, the state attorney will hesitate to move forward with prosecution.

In the Parks
No
This situation is sickening and sad. I hope the Ariel Face character pursues this to the fullest and justice is served. I also hope the attendant serves as a witness to the situation. This guy seemed like he had an agenda to do this when he entered the meet and greet because he certainly did not listen to the attendant when she asked him to remove his arm and hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom