Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yea, maybe I should stop being lazy and look up the maximum and minimum sentences for his charges. Has anyone else done that? It would be insightful.

Yes.. search the thread. Might be in the other buzzy thread too.. just search for 'mandatory', I and another poster discussed it based on FL's point system

flynnibus

Premium Member
Plea deals tend to happen when there’s a degree of uncertainty. There’s no uncertainty in this case. I doubt a plea deal is going to happen.

Plea deals are desired because they
- Reduce effort
- Guarantee Results and outcomes
- Speed up the process

DAs want convictions and want to be able to focus their efforts. Pleas do that.. even when they have strong cases.

It's totally compromise... but it's a reality of the court system we have. The 'ideal' of what the punishment and enforcement should be, is rarely seen.

The idea of 'conviction rates' is real...

trainplane3

🤣
fit-630x353-000.jpg

kpilcher

Apparently there is a new arrest warrant out that confirms Buzzy has been stolen. I'm not sure where to find it, can someone pull it up for us please?
https://www.clickorlando.com/theme-...&medium=social&campaign=snd&utm_content=wkmg6
Orange County Sheriff's Office reports have consistently said Buzzy was stolen.
We will be updating this story throughout the day on ClickOrlando.com and in our newscasts. News 6 Investigator Mike DeForest has been digging into these and other related cases for close to a year.

glawio

Orange County Sheriff's Office reports have consistently said Buzzy was stolen.
We will be updating this story throughout the day on ClickOrlando.com and in our newscasts. News 6 Investigator Mike DeForest has been digging into these and other related cases for close to a year.

Oh, sorry. I used some weird language there-- people on the forums are at each other's throats constantly over if the theft has been confirmed or not, and the video on the site appeared to say they had definitive proof of it. I was thinking, "Yes, finally an end to this!" Thank you very much for posting and letting us know what's going on.

Now to just wait on the pics of the recovered Buzzy clothes...

kpilcher

Oh, sorry. I used some weird language there-- people on the forums are at each other's throats constantly over if the theft has been confirmed or not, and the video on the site appeared to say they had definitive proof of it. I was thinking, "Yes, finally an end to this!" Thank you very much for posting and letting us know what's going on.

Now to just wait on the pics of the recovered Buzzy clothes...
No need to apologize :) I wasn't trying to jump on you. When I'm in work mode I tend to write very directly. Just part of the job.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nice... still will be interesting to see how the phone plays out in court... if there was a risk of illegal search there or not. Which will depend a lot on what details they had prior. Doesn't sound like they had a warrant for it prior.. but instead were counting on it being evidence based on probably cause. Because without that phone... seems like everything else falls apart.

kpilcher

Nice... still will be interesting to see how the phone plays out in court... if there was a risk of illegal search there or not. Which will depend a lot on what details they had prior. Doesn't sound like they had a warrant for it prior.. but instead were counting on it being evidence based on probably cause. Because without that phone... seems like everything else falls apart.
They got a warrant for the phone before searching it.

kpilcher

The video link I used just played the live coverage back from when he was arrested. That months old footage was really mudding up the new story IMO
The new video is right at the top of the link I sent out... just under the headline. On some browsers it might look like a still picture. The older video is below along with more new photos and previous background info. I'd imagine it will be updated again soon, though. I know Mike has been working with the web team as he puts together his reports.

Anyone who doesn't live in Orlando can tune in from our website. A "Watch Now" or "Watch Live" box should appear at the top of https://www.clickorlando.com/ a few minutes before our afternoon newscasts. They start at 4pm ET. I promise we'll have detailed coverage in my newscast at 7pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom