Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

JoeCamel

You actually believe they're going to drop charges against him for everything? He's getting the maximum sentence. He's almost certainly getting convicted and when he goes up for sentencing, the judge will likely give him a hard sentence because there's just a truly unbelievable display of arrogance surrounding his case. There's not a soul in the world who's going to go easy on him. And justifiably so. He will be in the prison no less than 5 years.
Quoted for the future

Lilofan

You actually believe they're going to drop charges against him for everything? He's getting the maximum sentence. He's almost certainly getting convicted and when he goes up for sentencing, the judge will likely give him a hard sentence because there's just a truly unbelievable display of arrogance surrounding his case. There's not a soul in the world who's going to go easy on him. And justifiably so. He will be in the prison no less than 5 years.
If he shows his arrogance in court, then he may get more than 5. If he is a first time offender and begs for mercy maybe less than 5. His lawyers will for sure coach him through the process.

flynnibus

Premium Member
the realities of a crowded jail system and lack of prior record probably means this kid doesn't get any hard time.

You can watch complete basket cases go in and out of the courts a dozen times and avoid jail time without any real legal resources behind them. This is a kid with parent resources behind him still I'm sure.

Just getting the convictions will be the win.. even if the mandatories kick in, I doubt he serves them. Our penal system simply can't absorb all the convictions.

justintheharris

If he shows his arrogance in court, then he may get more than 5. If he is a first time offender and begs for mercy maybe less than 5. His lawyers will for sure coach him through the process.
It doesn't matter if he begs for mercy now. It's too late. His social media presence will weigh more than any beg for mercy he can make in court.

justintheharris

the realities of a crowded jail system and lack of prior record probably means this kid doesn't get any hard time.

You can watch complete basket cases go in and out of the courts a dozen times and avoid jail time without any real legal resources behind them. This is a kid with parent resources behind him still I'm sure.

Just getting the convictions will be the win.. even if the mandatories kick in, I doubt he serves them. Our penal system simply can't absorb all the convictions.
I understand all of that but with his attitude, I have a feeling he'll do hard time. If he had simply been a thief and selling items, that would be one thing. But he aspired to make a career of doing it and bragging about it and anyone in the court room can be easily convinced that if he gets let go, he will IMMEDIATELY go off to do it more. Quite truthfully, I could totally see him going from the court house straight to Disney property just so he could stick it to Disney. So we'll see. Anything is possible but I'm fairly convinced Spikes is going away for a while.

Lilofan

I understand all of that but with his attitude, I have a feeling he'll do hard time. If he had simply been a thief and selling items, that would be one thing. But he aspired to make a career of doing it and bragging about it and anyone in the court room can be easily convinced that if he gets let go, he will IMMEDIATELY go off to do it more. Quite truthfully, I could totally see him going from the court house straight to Disney property just so he could stick it to Disney. So we'll see. Anything is possible but I'm fairly convinced Spikes is going away for a while.
Hard time? That's wishful thinking. He may not even get jail time and may get probation. If he gets jail time, you can thank him for cleaning up the litter on the local main roads wearing his orange jumpsuit.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Yeah but this isnt judge judy... the courts have much bigger fish to fry.

BoarderPhreak

I suspect he'll get minimal jail time and likely plenty of probation and community service.

This isn't exactly petty theft though. We're talking tens of thousands of dollars. There will always be a bigger fish to fry.
There's a difference between $10k of props - and $10k of drugs and weapons in the eyes of a jury. Granted, $10k is grand larceny either way.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
There's a difference between $10k of props - and $10k of drugs and weapons in the eyes of a jury. Granted, $10k is grand larceny either way.
To my mind, placing a $10K valuation on theme park props indicates a very inflated sense of self-worth by the company involved...

Jury’s have nothing to do with sentencing.
Assuming, of course, that the defendant didn't MURDER Buzzy...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom