Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

DreamfinderGuy

Strange thing about that CRT though is that I never even noticed it was like that after the theft. I first noticed that back in march only because the front plate was laying on the benches. If only we still had all that footage, I would be looking to see if it was damaged at all. If Buzzy actually hit the thing it would at least have scuffs on it

Tux

Strange thing about that CRT though is that I never even noticed it was like that after the theft. I first noticed that back in march only because the front plate was laying on the benches. If only we still had all that footage, I would be looking to see if it was damaged at all. If Buzzy actually hit the thing it would at least have scuffs on it
Quick question, do you by any chance know how high Buzzy is from the floor? I could probably calculate how much of an impact he would have on the Ctv if so.

DreamfinderGuy

Quick question, do you by any chance know how high Buzzy is from the floor? I could probably calculate how much of an impact he would have on the Ctv if so.
I’m not sure, no. Ten feet was a guesstimate but I would imagine it’s that (give or take a few feet)

VicariousCorpse

Are you talking about the footage from the theater from after the theft? If so, I have it, and it looks like something scraped the top of the crt to make the casing pop off.
crt.png

Last edited:

Tux

I’m not sure, no. Ten feet was a guesstimate but I would imagine it’s that (give or take a few feet)
Okay, so since Buzzy fell from 10 ft or 3.048 Meters while Buzzy himself weighed at 300 pounds, that means he fell at 7.729217295431667 Meters per second. This means that he has a Kinetic Energy of 8,961.12

However, if Buzzy fell on the CRT Monitor, he likely would've only fell 2 feet or 0.61 meters if we judge by this photo.

This would mean that theoretically Buzzy has a impact force of 14,690.36065573771 Newtons which is the same number in PSI.

Regular Glass breaks at 6,000 PSI, BUT, steel bends or breaks at 40,000 PSI, which Buzzy didn't reach.

Note that this is only theoretical though, so Buzzy may be higher or lower than the theoretical position meaning he could've possibly actually bent/dented/broke the steel after all or possibly might not have even broken the glass.

Edit: Clarification

Last edited:

RaveOnEd

Okay, so since Buzzy fell from 10 ft or 3.048 Meters while Buzzy himself weighed at 300 pounds, that means he fell at 7.729217295431667 Meters per second. This means that he has a Kinetic Energy of 8,961.12

However, if Buzzy fell on the CRT Monitor, he likely would've only fell 2 feet or 0.61 meters if we judge by this photo.

View attachment 423627

This would mean that theoretically Buzzy has a impact force of 14,690.36065573771 Newtons which is the same number in PSI.

Regular Glass breaks at 6,000 PSI, BUT, steel bends or breaks at 40,000 PSI, which Buzzy didn't reach.

Note that this is only theoretical though, so Buzzy may be higher or lower than the theoretical position meaning he could've possibly actually bent/dented/broke the steel after all or possibly might not have even broken the glass.

Edit: Clarification
Or, it could just be a clumsy, overweight person (*cough* Spikes *cough*) falling into it.

Dragonman

Those calculations are reading to me like someone trying to figure out how much space is in Spaceship Earth lol

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom