Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

Dragonman

It’s no rumor. He’s entirely bald other than the patches of hair you see under his hat

I meant the rumor of you supposedly seeing the animatronic either after the clothes were stolen or pictures of it without them somewhere. I know you can tell he’s bald with patches of hair in some photos.

DreamfinderGuy

I meant the rumor of you supposedly seeing the animatronic either after the clothes were stolen or pictures of it without them somewhere. I know you can tell he’s bald with patches of hair in some photos.
Oh, no I never got to see the animatronic in person at any given time, and I probably never will. But I did see the photo of him after his clothes were gone, yes.

Touchdown

He sold stollen goods to an NBA player and thought he would get away with it? He is truly dumber then I thought, you do not scam someone that public and remain in the US because the story is always going to come out. Moron.

I wonder with all this recent stuff coming out if Hoot wants to amend his previous comments.

Last edited:

Sonconato

I can say for sure from personal experience that at least Robin's twin brother Brook is a fan of Disney. A few years back, my family and I saw someone on one of those VIP tours who couldn't even get through the doorway of Casey's Corner because he was so tall. We figured he must be famous, but we didn't know who he was because we don't follow basketball. When we got home, we looked up famous basketball players and found it was Brook Lopez. He was so happy he was like a little child seeing everything for the first time. We could tell he really loved it. Being a little under five feet tall, I admire height and I felt bad about all the rides he couldn't easily fit in because he was so tall. It's really a shame that his brother was scammed.

Rteetz

I can say for sure from personal experience that at least Robin's twin brother Brook is a fan of Disney. A few years back, my family and I saw someone on one of those VIP tours who couldn't even get through the doorway of Casey's Corner because he was so tall. We figured he must be famous, but we didn't know who he was because we don't follow basketball. When we got home, we looked up famous basketball players and found it was Brook Lopez. He was so happy he was like a little child seeing everything for the first time. We could tell he really loved it. Being a little under five feet tall, I admire height and I felt bad about all the rides he couldn't easily fit in because he was so tall. It's really a shame that his brother was scammed.
Both brothers are huge disney fans. They have a house in Golden Oak. They are regularly at both WDW and Disneyland.

GhostlyGoofy

Dragonman

From that sentinel article:

"authorities said, acknowledging they are investigating the theft of $500,000 worth of items."

I was in the camp that Spikes would just get slapped with fines and Probation for the HM stuff.

But if he gets charged for 500,000k worth of stuff????

Yikes!

Wouldn’t that be referring to the ride vehicle theft though?

flynnibus

Premium Member
"Brett Finley, a certified public accountant from Winter Park"

Ahhh, there's the link. Mr Finley was identified in the Spike's paperwork as one of the people sending him money via paypal.

"The handmade Buzzy animatronic itself, valued at $400,000, also was missing, investigators said, from the audio released last week."

As if there needs to be more cites on that point :)

Clearly Mr Spikes was in for alot more than just Buzzy action. Makes you wonder how many other people are doing the same...

GhostlyGoofy

"Brett Finley, a certified public accountant from Winter Park"

Ahhh, there's the link. Mr Finley was identified in the Spike's paperwork as one of the people sending him money via paypal.

"The handmade Buzzy animatronic itself, valued at $400,000, also was missing, investigators said, from the audio released last week."

As if there needs to be more cites on that point :)

Clearly Mr Spikes was in for alot more than just Buzzy action. Makes you wonder how many other people are doing the same...
There's probably a lot CM in this racket. They just aren't broadcasting every move with meta data

justintheharris

justintheharris

And I said it before but I'll say it again: I don't believe Finley either. Finley totally knew this was all stolen. He's sitting Patrick under the bus in hopes to save himself. It might work and that frustrates me.
Like really everyone. Think about it. Imagine if I came to you saying "I have this authentic painting from Leonardo Da Vinci. It's the Mona Lisa. He made five copies. His family gave me one as a gift. I want [insert absurd price]. By the way, ignore the headlines that the Mona Lisa has been stolen. I have insiders who know that the Louvre just misplaced it so they can have an excuse to search and arrest me."
Would you buy that painting?

Brett Finley isn't a victim. He conspired with Spikes to sell and profit off of stolen Disney items in the black market. The stuff they found on Finley was just waiting to be sold. And I'm pretty certain we will soon see evidence of collusion between the two.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom