Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

GhostlyGoofy

Just listened to short podcast interview with BDD before the HM arrest.

Bdd claimed the reason he had pics of Buzzys Clothes was because a women sent them to him trying to sell, but her price was insane

Of course, the affidavit stated the bag in the cranium command clothes pics was recovered at his house with a search warrant.

So take it with a grain of salt the size of Everest.

Bdd also floats the conspiracy someone in this thread a while back brought up, that Buzzy was moved as an excuse to arrest BDD. Which is a bonkers plan.

ThemedScream

I worked in retail management for over 30 years...If an employee saw merchandise being concealed, or if the security alarm went off at the exit, I had EVERY right to ask the person to empty their pockets. I couldn't search them myself, but if they refused, I could detain them until police arrived. I won't speak for other states, but in NJ, once you conceal merchandise, even while you're still in the store, it's considered shoplifting.

Here in CA I'm able to search their person for any potential weapons if I suspect they might have something they could use to harm me while they are detained, but I can't go searching for stolen goods they may have on them (in their pockets, for example.) I can, however, search any handbags, backpacks, etc that they might have with them in an attempt to recover any items.

gerarar

Premium Member
I love this...he's sitting there ALONE for several minutes, looking at his phone...you'd think he would take the opportunity to delete the incriminating photos...the height of arrogance...as Bill Murray said in "Stripes", STUUUUUUPPPID!!
To make it worse he was tweeting that he was at the police for questioning during that exact moment....

He could've tried to delete the photos or something ya know (still illegal), but still, stupidity seems to win here!!

GhostlyGoofy

Was this from the blog that said they conducted the interview with BDD months ago but gave it to police and didn’t post the audio until this week? That was so strange.

Yeah that was the one.

Some things that make this lady seller hard to believe.

The bag being found at his house.

People saying that BDD had been seen wearing Buzzy's Hat.

If you're being accused of grand theft and shown evidence linking the property to your phone and car... why wouldn't you turn in the seller?

He claims he didnt want to do the police any favors giving them info... but the whole reason he was brought in was because he was a suspect and this lead to the discovery of HM props.

My95cobras

I worked in retail management for over 30 years...If an employee saw merchandise being concealed, or if the security alarm went off at the exit, I had EVERY right to ask the person to empty their pockets. I couldn't search them myself, but if they refused, I could detain them until police arrived. I won't speak for other states, but in NJ, once you conceal merchandise, even while you're still in the store, it's considered shoplifting.

You’re adding a crime and elements we are not talking about... read all the posts not,just want you want to selectively infer. We were talking about searching people to get into the parks.

And if you read the following posts your just saying exactly what I was saying... you can ask and if they refuse you still cannot search. You’re not law enforcement your lp or ap or acting as such for the merchant.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

You’re adding a crime and elements we are not talking about... read all the posts not,just want you want to selectively infer. We were talking about searching people to get into the parks.

And if you read the following posts your just saying exactly what I was saying... you can ask and if they refuse you still cannot search. You’re not law enforcement your lp or ap or acting as such for the merchant.
First, I was talking about being searched LEAVING the property, as in searching employees/cast members for concealed items/merchandise. I read all the posts...now get off your soapbox and stop being so condescending.

My95cobras

First, I was talking about being searched LEAVING the property, as in searching employees/cast members for concealed items/merchandise. I read all the posts...now get off your soapbox and stop being so condescending.

It still has nothing to do with the conversation everyone else was participating in... you still cannot an do not have the right to search.

I’ll stop being condescending when you figure out what your point is and what’s your so-called rights are.

Smiley/OCD

I'm not going to get in a p*****g contest with you...you said they (meaning Disney) don't have the right to search. I just made the point that we were able to detain and search if concealment was witnessed. It's not the first time a thread has moved slightly off course. I know what my point was. It seems as if your point is to correct everyone else on here that doesn't agree with you. You win... I'm done...Have a magical day.

My95cobras

I'm not going to get in a p*****g contest with you...you said they (meaning Disney) don't have the right to search. I just made the point that we were able to detain and search if concealment was witnessed. It's not the first time a thread has moved slightly off course. I know what my point was. It seems as if your point is to correct everyone else on here that doesn't agree with you. You win... I'm done...Have a magical day.

As long as you know that I’m right and I win.

You still can’t search, even though you keep saying it.

I’m here to correct people who are factually wrong, not who disagree. It’s not my opinion.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not going to get in a p*****g contest with you...you said they (meaning Disney) don't have the right to search. I just made the point that we were able to detain and search if concealment was witnessed.

No, you said yourself you could ask... not do the search yourself.

What you said your experience was did not contradict what my95cobra said because you were talking different circumstances and you were not searching the person (even when asking).

unmitigated disaster

To make it worse he was tweeting that he was at the police for questioning during that exact moment....

He could've tried to delete the photos or something ya know (still illegal), but still, stupidity seems to win here!!
He reminds me a lot of college kids - I worked fast food near a major university for years - who would do something obnoxious/vandalous and we'd ask them to leave and they would refuse, often with a smirk, even when we warned them we would call the cops if they didn't.

Then they would get all outraged that the cop would listen to us and make them leave. It was like, welcome to reality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom