Making the TTA (WEDway) Major League

Skipper2

Original Poster
Ok, So here it goes. As I have said before I composite other peoples models to make larger images. I do make my own as well. I also modify and "rebuild" others work to meet my needs. This image is a combination of all of the above. My TTA actually works, has sound, narration, lighting effects, etc. I currently have 8 four car trains running on a small loop that will grow as I build out the rest of the park. Moving to Tomorrowland next as Mainstreet is done.

All of this is done inside the rendering and modeling engine of a video game. The game is Planet Coaster by Frontier Games. You can find it on Steam. It is pricey. It is very easy to learn and for WDWMagic Imagineers I can't think of a better way to create 3d Disney Park stuff. I could go on and on about the work community artists are doing in this game recreating the MK, DL and DLP. They are making from scratch working POTC, SPLASH,SPM,HM,JC ......you name it. Here is a link to a phenomenal artist from Germany that is making absolutely photo-realistic recreations. https://steamcommunity.com/id/MaryRev/ BTW Marys is a male and streams on twitch regularly so you can see how it is done. I highly reccomend taking a look. Especially you Voxel. 😜

Skipper2

Original Poster
One more thing, when I am done my whole park will be posted on steam for download for free, there are already a few dozen Planet Coaster fan created Disney Parks available to download into the game as soon as you buy it if you do.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Ok, So here it goes. As I have said before I composite other peoples models to make larger images. I do make my own as well. I also modify and "rebuild" others work to meet my needs. This image is a combination of all of the above. My TTA actually works, has sound, narration, lighting effects, etc. I currently have 8 four car trains running on a small loop that will grow as I build out the rest of the park. Moving to Tomorrowland next as Mainstreet is done.

All of this is done inside the rendering and modeling engine of a video game. The game is Planet Coaster by Frontier Games. You can find it on Steam. It is pricey. It is very easy to learn and for WDWMagic Imagineers I can't think of a better way to create 3d Disney Park stuff. I could go on and on about the work community artists are doing in this game recreating the MK, DL and DLP. They are making from scratch working POTC, SPLASH,SPM,HM,JC ......you name it. Here is a link to a phenomenal artist from Germany that is making absolutely photo-realistic recreations. https://steamcommunity.com/id/MaryRev/ BTW Marys is a male and streams on twitch regularly so you can see how it is done. I highly reccomend taking a look. Especially you Voxel. 😜
I was about to say, that looks like a game engine, i was wondering how you were getting your light work going on. That is impressive I love Planet coaster it aslo nice that they now have people movers which is so useful at times. I need to find time to play that again.

Skipper2

Original Poster
I was very surprised by how good the whole engine is in general. Not for real design work of course but for our S.A. Challenges this is about all you would need.

Skipper2

Original Poster
Anyone have ideas on how to screen record/capture video other than using VLC? I want to make and show a short 20 second video of the TTA in action going through the MK RR Station. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Voxel

Anyone have ideas on how to screen record/capture video other than using VLC? I want to make and show a short 20 second video of the TTA in action going through the MK RR Station. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Do you have windows ten. I believe if you press windows button and g it will bring up a game mode that allows you to record.

For more info windows game mode should bring up some info

Skipper2

Original Poster
For any of our Imagineers like Voxel that actually have Planet Coaster, I posted my WIP TTA on the STEAM PLANET COASTER WORKSHOP. It is listed as WIP TTA by Flashyn (my sons account). Feel free to download and play around with it destroy it rebuild it or use it as a starter piece for a whole park.

Voxel

For any of our Imagineers like Voxel that actually have Planet Coaster, I posted my WIP TTA on the STEAM PLANET COASTER WORKSHOP. It is listed as WIP TTA by Flashyn (my sons account). Feel free to download and play around with it destroy it rebuild it or use it as a starter piece for a whole park.
OHH!!
I'll give this a shot this weekend when I have off. I can't wait.

Skipper2

Original Poster
Just remember mine is for looks, I don't care about the game mechanics and management stuff at all. I model in the game engine but I don't play the game. Kinda weird I know. Lol

Skipper2

Original Poster
Getting started on TL will take about 2 weeks I think before I get to the point where I have good quality buildings created for COP, Old Stitch, and Laugh Floor areas, already have the speedway done and SPM along with Cosmic Rays thanks to other artists. This the largest area of the park that doesn't have all the buildings already completed for it by other artists. There are some out there but they aren't close enough to correct for me to use for my TTA project.

Last edited:

WowFactor

I'd head to Adventure Island instead. Seems that they will redesign great part of TL, especially after the Tron opens. Just my two cents to save a lot of rework ;)

Skipper2

Original Poster
I'd head to Adventure Island instead. Seems that they will redesign great part of TL, especially after the Tron opens. Just my two cents to save a lot of rework ;)
I already have a unofficial copy of the blueprints somebody made for tron including the changes to the path behind TLSPW and the change to the track itself. Somebody in planet coaster has already modeled Tron itself and it is pretty close to the overseas version from what I can tell so I will probably drop that right in. I havent got a clue how he managed to model the free form canopy for the ride using the limited tools in the game but it does look good.

There will be some missing bits I'm sure. Not going for absolute precision like some of the others have done. Just an accurate at a first glance type of thing.

It is going to take me a LONG time to work out how to route the TTA through the TRON building Pre-show and Q area and over the RR so that it looks cool. Lighting is going to be the most important part of that interaction of atmospheres.

I already have most of ADL done. I can actually just drop it in now, except I need to track down all the audio files for the "AA's" the game allows to be used. I don't have the guts to try and take on building the interior of the tiki room with all the birds actually working and matching audio. Another artist is still finishing off a nearly perfect POTC with spot on AV effects and characters right down to the dog with the keys. I have already asked permisssion to use it so I am just waiting. Worst part is I have to graft the WDW facade and Q onto the DL ride and building which is both longer in duration and larger in physical size. I havent decided if I will cut off the DL excess or leave it. That is part of the fun of this game engine. I can drop DL rides into the MK and actually see what the would look like and do a virtual ride through with sound and simulated guests. If I actually tried to run the game as intended it would probably crash my PC because of all the stuff they want you to manage. I just want to build a nice looking MK at WDW, then EPCOT, AK, DS, don't care about the game play aspects. Luckily you don't have to play, you can just build. When I finally get around to being in another SA I plan to be able to produce some really cool stuff that blends into Disney nearly perfectly. I wish other SA participants had access to this game, I wish the game was FREE. It would make story telling so much easier. It doesn't replace a good idea of course but it does make it easier to show people what you actually have in mind. I have lots of ideas and the more I work on this the more ideas I get. I can only imagine how many un-used idea the "real" Imagineers have laying on desks and in the archive in CA and FL just waiting. Often when I read an SA submission I go, I bet WDI already has that one on paper. Sorry for the ramble, back to my project.

Skipper2

Original Poster
I always thought it would be cool if the TTA could look down into scenes, so for my project I am going to make that happen. Anyone like the idea?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom