Making the TTA (WEDway) Major League

Voxel

President of Progress City
Hey Voxel, No issues my place, how did you make out? All good I hope.
That is great!, I just have alot of branches to pick up, we got very lucky with this storm. I got so stir crazy I ended up going to Star Wars Land finally yesterday. That was a treat.

As I said before Dorian so rudely interrupted our little world, I am going to use the PLANCO STEAM Workshop to set up a collection of models that are good attempts at recreations of Disney attractions and such. That is first task
I can't wait to see the collection.

Voxel

So I've been trying to get back into 3D Modeling with Blender and I feel like I've hit a brick wall extremely quickly today. This is gonna be an uphill battle, but maybe one day I can show people what I have been working on. Even if it is just in prototype form.

Skipper2

Original Poster
Getting restarted after a break at any of this stuff is always hard. Then you get in a rythm and the work just happens so fast. But of course that is followed by the burn out period. I can never be just stable and steady with this stuff. If I don't go up and down because of rythm and burn out, it's hurricanes and computer crashes. It always seems that when I get the time to work on this project I try to do too much in a single session and end up fatigued and burned out for a few days. I have spent as much as 15hrs in a single day when the wife was out of town. Got a lot done that day, but then didn't touch the project for almost a week. haven't found a regular schedule that works for this yet, maybe one day. Probably around the time that the sun starts the making of iron atoms or some such thing like that.

Can't wait to see what's behind the brick wall.

Voxel

Getting restarted after a break at any of this stuff is always hard. Then you get in a rythm and the work just happens so fast. But of course that is followed by the burn out period. I can never be just stable and steady with this stuff. If I don't go up and down because of rythm and burn out, it's hurricanes and computer crashes. It always seems that when I get the time to work on this project I try to do too much in a single session and end up fatigued and burned out for a few days. I have spent as much as 15hrs in a single day when the wife was out of town. Got a lot done that day, but then didn't touch the project for almost a week. haven't found a regular schedule that works for this yet, maybe one day. Probably around the time that the sun starts the making of iron atoms or some such thing like that.

Can't wait to see what's behind the brick wall.
This is the biggest issue/hurdle I have, and one I think we always have. I'm working on a project that I know will take me atleast a year to get in a presentable form and probably 2 to 3 years to complete. I struggle with finding the motivation to get beyond the planning phase and actually try to work.

One of the things I try to do is take 30 mins every day and work on the project. I don't have to be doing the full work, but planning or organizing my thoughts seem to be helpful. I find getting my self to work on it really helps.

Skipper2

Original Poster
So, on another part of the forum the idea of adding Fox's "Night at the Museum" was raised as a good IP for Disney to make use of. I agree. Penguin threw out the idea of have a Mystic or Phantom Manor type ride and a restaraunt. DHS, DL, DLP, were mentioned as homes for this. I said why not use a building and location that Disney has already done site surveys on has concept art for.

Last edited:

Skipper2

Original Poster
What I actually put inside remains to be determined at this time. Night at the Museum themed Ride and Dinner do sound good but so does Disney's original idea of it being a live action Broadway theater. Either way the TTA is going to be passing throught the building. Updated on WORKSHOP the TTA WIP for the park so far. Take a look when you get a chance.

Last edited:

Voxel

What I actually put inside remains to be determined at this time. Night at the Museum themed Ride and Dinner do sound good but so does Disney's original idea of it being a live action Broadway theater. Either way the TTA is going to be passing throught the building. Updated on WORKSHOP the TTA WIP for the park so far. Take a look when you get a chance.
Goodness, this is looking absolutely amazing. I'm gonna fire up planet coaster this weekend and take a look at all this amazing work!

Skipper2

Original Poster
Goodness, this is looking absolutely amazing. I'm gonna fire up planet coaster this weekend and take a look at all this amazing work!
Thanks, I'm out of town this weekend. I might post something tomorrow, I'm working on the Tomorrowland Terrace Bathrooms and Restaurant

Skipper2

Original Poster
Alright, these are the last last 2 shots of the MK Theater, I wish they had really built this thing. This is my final version of it and its as close as I can make it to the concept art in a practical timeframe. I could spend another week on it but I already spent the last few days on it. So this is it for this particular piece of the project. I do have the TTA passing through it of course. I will update the workshop TTA WIP in a few minutes and load the building as a blueprint standalone as well.

Skipper2

Original Poster
Project so far as loaded into the "game engine" I have alot more built but this is the working model and if I load everything it becomes almost unsuable for doing work in. When I get larger sections done I will Show them off. And then make them go away to save processing power until its time to display them all together as part of the final presentation.

Skipper2

Original Poster
Working the MK Hub n Spine so I get the entry into Tomorrowland lined up correctly. These are large buildings that if I don't set them in place correctly I will domino effect a whole ton of objects needing to be shifted around to make them fit right. So I figured I better make sure the central focal point of the whole park is at least somewhat close to correctly sized, scaled, measured so I can get this stuff put in place correctly the first time. The yellow circles represent path intersections that are almost 15meters across in real life so I'm using them as my reference points for all the flower bed and planter detail work that is part of the hub. I have actually borrowed the core of the hub from a DL CA model and resized it to MK dimensions. The planters are the wrong size but the core hub pathways and trolley tracks are spot on.

Skipper2

Original Poster
Redux n Redux n Redux n Redux, lol. Not being able to directly import blueprints and diagrams into the "game engine" is a pain. Make a half meter error in placement and throws the whole thing off. Despite how cool it looks it is challenging to not have true CAD precision placement of stuff even for me. Found new ruler tools thankfully and they are much easier to use on my eyes.

Skipper2

Original Poster
This took a long time to do. The game doesn't support mirroring commands. So for me to make the right and left side of the hub match I had to constantly put on screen rulers in place and re-measure placement of every item. I am happy with the result. Still have a few fences to put in place but it's mostly done. I will do the north half of the hub at a latter date. Now that I have this reference point set, I'm going back to working Tomorrowland.

spacemt354

Chili's
This took a long time to do. The game doesn't support mirroring commands. So for me to make the right and left side of the hub match I had to constantly put on screen rulers in place and re-measure placement of every item. I am happy with the result. Still have a few fences to put in place but it's mostly done. I will do the north half of the hub at a latter date. Now that I have this reference point set, I'm going back to working Tomorrowland.

It looks fantastic Skipper, really well done

Skipper2

Original Poster
Just started learning the Unreal gaming engine and how it works as far as coding goes. This was suggested by an online friend and fellow 3d modeler. Debating if Unity is a better choice. My coding skills are ancient. The reason for getting involved with either of them is simply that they would allow me the most options for control of the environment and precision. In short I set the rules for my own “gaming environment” in order to do my modeling in the way I want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom