Making Memories with Magic Friends

Uponastar

Just thinking out loud...

do you guys think Anya will be able to handle these rides?

Universe of Energy?
Pirates?
Haunted Mansion?
Tiki Room?
Maelstrom?
The safari?

I gotta run, but I don't really think she'd have a problem with any of those, except possibly the HM, and maybe not even that one. She's pretty easy going.

Gotta go.
Later everyone!

nibblesandbits

We're not students anymore so we don't do that. ...well, technically Derek is taking classes so he's a student, but he wasn't given a student ID for this university. :shrug:
I'm not a student...but the way they take you at the theaters...I'll be a student as long as I can get away with it. :lol:

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
Do loud noises bother her?

Not really... and I'm going to start her off slow... Small World, the Pooh ride and stuff like that... but it's so hard to know how she'll react to some of that. Even tame shows like the Tiki room are loud, have the lights go off and strobes and stuff..:brick:

k.hunter30

Just my opinion, which doesn't mean much... I would say:

Universe of Energy? I think so...
Pirates? Yes
Haunted Mansion? Yes
Tiki Room? Yes
Maelstrom? This one might be too much
The safari? Depends on how she does on bumpy rides.
I say yes to Pirates and HM b/c she might not understand that what's going on around her can actually be scary... you know? In HM, i would bypass the stretching room though. The scream and the lights going out all of a sudden might be too much.

Nicole220

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
I gotta run, but I don't really think she'd have a problem with any of those, except possibly the HM, and maybe not even that one. She's pretty easy going.

Gotta go.
Later everyone!

Bye Dot! :wave:

I was thinking the HM might be too much, but then I thought about how all that ambiance would probably just go right over her head. The screams in the stretching room are really my only worry...

nibblesandbits

Krystyna said:
Universe of Energy?
Pirates?
Haunted Mansion?
Tiki Room?
Maelstrom?
The safari?

UOE: is long, so it might not be the best choice...unless she's sleeping.
Pirates: probably
HM: Possibly not. I know it scared me as a child.
Tiki: Probably
Maelstrom: I think she'd be fine
Safari: I think it would be fine too.

joanna71985

Gotta go.
Later everyone!

Bye Dot!!

Not really... and I'm going to start her off slow... Small World, the Pooh ride and stuff like that... but it's so hard to know how she'll react to some of that. Even tame shows like the Tiki room are loud, have the lights go off and strobes and stuff..:brick:

I see. I think Safari and Pirates would be fine. Since you say noises shouldn't bother her, HM and Tiki should be fine.

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
Just my opinion, which doesn't mean much... I would say:

I say yes to Pirates and HM b/c she might not understand that what's going on around her can actually be scary... you know? In HM, i would bypass the stretching room though. The scream and the lights going out all of a sudden might be too much.

My nephew loved the Tiki room, but freaked out on Pirates because of the dip or two in the dark...

My only worry about the UoE is that it's so LONG.... if she has a meltdown, there's nothing I can do.. it's not like a show where I can just grab her and excuse myself out of the room.

k.hunter30

$9.25!!! :eek:

EEeeek! I haven't been to a movie in a theater since my anniversary last year.. we saw Ratatouille.

One movie a year is all we can afford. Our entertainment budget is modest too. We just get so much more bang for the buck with Netflix and a few choice Wii games.
Oh yes. We love Netflix! And the Wii is fun, but we'll get really into a game and leave it after two months or so... There's just too much to do in a week and not enough time to fit in all the fun things!:lol:

I'm not a student...but the way they take you at the theaters...I'll be a student as long as I can get away with it. :lol:
I can't bring myself to lie...:lookaroun
And, anyways, we don't have an AMC or a theater that I know if what offers student discounts.

Nicole220

Pirates?
Haunted Mansion?
Tiki Room?
The safari?
I know these ones, and I say yes to all.
I've been going on them since I was her age.
I think she should be fine.

Gotta go.
Later everyone!
Bye Dot! :kiss:

nibblesandbits

Oh yes. We love Netflix! And the Wii is fun, but we'll get really into a game and leave it after two months or so... There's just too much to do in a week and not enough time to fit in all the fun things!:lol:

And, anyways, we don't have an AMC or a theater that I know if what offers student discounts.
Oh I can...with the money they charge! Plus, I usually make it up in popcorn. :lol:

k.hunter30

To Goofy's Kitchen, yes. :D
But y'all can't get into Grad night.

I know.
How would you know what clothes to buy?
What color to do the room in?
Gah! :lol:
She has mostly yellow and green stuff right now. They are waitning to paint the room and buy the crib until after it's born! :dazzle:

My nephew loved the Tiki room, but freaked out on Pirates because of the dip or two in the dark...

My only worry about the UoE is that it's so LONG.... if she has a meltdown, there's nothing I can do.. it's not like a show where I can just grab her and excuse myself out of the room.
How old was your nephew?

I see your point about UoE.

DisneyBunny

Original Poster

Just wait till you have kids!! :lol: I've got a year's worth of "fun things" to do, and not enough time to do them in! Plus, by the time she's in bed, all I want to do is collapse. :snore: Pretty much we pick one "fun thing" a day, and then we've got from 8:15 ish to around 9:45 to spend time together. it's not a lot... especially if there are still dishes to be done, and a few dozen toys to put away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom