Making Memories with Magic Friends

PotteryGal

Morning Stephie! :kiss:
It sounds to me that your aunts are thinking of this as sort of a "their side" of the family thing. Maybe then "the other side" can do its own thing at a different time? Have invitations been sent yet? If not, maybe you can engineer this a bit so that you can have two separate showers. If not, you'll have to make it clear that you want your sister there (they should see that!!!!) but you'll probably ruffle a few feathers.

I was thinking that too - but it's really inconsiderate not to realize that Steph wants her sister there.

BTW, Morning Dot! :wave:

mpoppins76

No, you're not wrong to feel that way....you want to celebrate with your entire family and friends, not just them. I think you'll have to talk to them and explain with others' work and distance issues, a weekend date is best for you. It sounds to me like they're trying to squeeze you in, not make you a priority....and while I know you won't turn into Bridezilla or anything, you are the bride, and the shower is for you.
That's exactly how I feel and that's what hurts :(
Morning Stephie! :kiss:
It sounds to me that your aunts are thinking of this as sort of a "their side" of the family thing. Maybe then "the other side" can do its own thing at a different time? Have invitations been sent yet? If not, maybe you can engineer this a bit so that you can have two separate showers. If not, you'll have to make it clear that you want your sister there (they should see that!!!!) but you'll probably ruffle a few feathers.
I wish that was it, but I don't think so. When she emailed me last week she asked for addresses of everyone I'd like them to invite. And when I replied I told her that I would love for my sister, aunts on the other side, and my friends to be able to come but that if it's during the week they wouldn't be able to. That was before she said that to my mom. :-s

I'm wondering if I should thank them nicely for the offer of hosting it, but that my mom, sister, & cousins (bridesmaids, & daughters of 2 of the aunts) will be planning it instead. I know that my cousins wouldn't mind giving up a lake day for it.

PotteryGal

I wish that was it, but I don't think so. When she emailed me last week she asked for addresses of everyone I'd like them to invite. And when I replied I told her that I would love for my sister, aunts on the other side, and my friends to be able to come but that if it's during the week they wouldn't be able to. That was before she said that to my mom. :-s

I'm wondering if I should thank them nicely for the offer of hosting it, but that my mom, sister, & cousins (bridesmaids, & daughters of 2 of the aunts) will be planning it instead. I know that my cousins wouldn't mind giving up a lake day for it.

So they knew ahead of time that certain people wouldn't be able to come during the week? What does your mom think you should do?

Uponastar

Do you think you can do that without hurting their feelings?
If not, why not just let them do it, and ask those who can't make it if they'd like to do their own thing on a different day?

Disnut

Good morning
Busy morning this morning.
The girls have 3 1/2 days of school left.
Just about to take them to school.
I am going to Walmart. By myself for the last time.
Then summer hits and the girls will be with me next time.
Okay I am off right now.
Love you all.

mpoppins76

So they knew ahead of time that certain people wouldn't be able to come during the week? What does your mom think you should do?
Yes they knew. My mom isn't sure what to do either. And they're actually her ex-inlaws since her & my dad aren't married anymore. Granted they were her SILs for 30 years, but still....
Do you think you can do that without hurting their feelings?
If not, why not just let them do it, and ask those who can't make it if they'd like to do their own thing on a different day?
Probably not. I'll talk to my cousins about it and see what they say. They're their mom's (and aunts) too so they may have some insight and may even be able to say something so I don't have to step on any toes.
It just stinks because we specifically made our flight ACROSS THE COUNTRY to make it easier for them in planning something, and they're just "squeezing it in".
*sigh* :( I just hate feeling like a burden when this is supposed to be a happy time.

PotteryGal

Yes they knew. My mom isn't sure what to do either. And they're actually her ex-inlaws since her & my dad aren't married anymore. Granted they were her SILs for 30 years, but still....

Probably not. I'll talk to my cousins about it and see what they say. They're their mom's (and aunts) too so they may have some insight and may even be able to say something so I don't have to step on any toes.
It just stinks because we specifically made our flight ACROSS THE COUNTRY to make it easier for them in planning something, and they're just "squeezing it in".
*sigh* :( I just hate feeling like a burden when this is supposed to be a happy time.

((HUGS)) Steph - I hope things work out for you. :kiss:

I need to get going...I'll try to stop back in later today. :wave:

Uponastar

((HUGS))
There was bound to be a few glitches.
Hopefully this one will smooth over somehow.

Love U Disney

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Our fridge is broken now!:hurl::hurl::hammer::hammer::brick::brick:I don't know how we are going to pay for this. We leave for disney in 4 days and we have to save our money! Plus, Daddy has to buy his contacts! Help me guys!:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom