Making Memories with Magic Friends

PotteryGal

Yup! I'm gonna be with Kim Possible at the Studios all weekend.

Well, poo...:(...we won't be at the Studios till next Thursday. Was hoping to say hi....

Speaking of that,

we live for Florida in 4 days, and...

my house looks like a war zone on the inside, a featured 'redneck yard-of-the-week' outside and I haven't started packing yet. AAAAAAACK!!!!!!

*runs around like a chicken with its head cut off*

MerHearted

Well, poo...:(...we won't be at the Studios till next Thursday. Was hoping to say hi....

Speaking of that,

we live for Florida in 4 days, and...

my house looks like a war zone on the inside, a featured 'redneck yard-of-the-week' outside and I haven't started packing yet. AAAAAAACK!!!!!!

*runs around like a chicken with its head cut off*

Will you still be at WDW the weekend after? I know that Saturday, I'll be in Town Square at MK.

mpoppins76

:p
What's wrong, Steph?
*sigh* Well, I talked to my mom last night. My aunts (my dad's SILs) are planning/hosting my Nebraska bridal shower when we're there in July. We planned our flights to be there the weekend of the 4th (the 4th is a Friday) because I knew they were wanting to try and have it while I was back and I figured that would make the most sense (since the following weekend is my cousin's wedding). So last week my one aunt emailed me and asked if I would rather they have it on Tuesday night or Wednesday night. I emailed her back and asked that, if it's not too much trouble, could we do it on Sunday instead because otherwise my sister (who lives 5 hours away) as well as my aunts on the other side of the family and my friends that I want to be there won't be able to make the trip during the week. Well, I never heard back from her and then my mom called her last night and she said something about "it being difficult since it's a holiday weekend and everyone is planning on being up at our lake cabin through Monday". (We have a lake cabin w/ my dad's side of the family that we've grown up going to).
Am I wrong to feel hurt that my aunts don't want to give up a lake day for my bridal shower?? I mean, I'm very grateful to them for planning/hosting it, but it makes me sick to think of having it without my own sister...my maid of honor. Let alone everyone from the other side of my family and my friends. It will only be them if they do it that way.
I don't really know how to handle it but I feel as though I should say something.

PotteryGal

*sigh* Well, I talked to my mom last night. My aunts (my dad's SILs) are planning/hosting my Nebraska bridal shower when we're there in July. We planned our flights to be there the weekend of the 4th (the 4th is a Friday) because I knew they were wanting to try and have it while I was back and I figured that would make the most sense (since the following weekend is my cousin's wedding). So last week my one aunt emailed me and asked if I would rather they have it on Tuesday night or Wednesday night. I emailed her back and asked that, if it's not too much trouble, could we do it on Sunday instead because otherwise my sister (who lives 5 hours away) as well as my aunts on the other side of the family and my friends that I want to be there won't be able to make the trip during the week. Well, I never heard back from her and then my mom called her last night and she said something about "it being difficult since it's a holiday weekend and everyone is planning on being up at our lake cabin through Monday". (We have a lake cabin w/ my dad's side of the family that we've grown up going to).
Am I wrong to feel hurt that my aunts don't want to give up a lake day for my bridal shower?? I mean, I'm very grateful to them for planning/hosting it, but it makes me sick to think of having it without my own sister...my maid of honor. Let alone everyone from the other side of my family and my friends. It will only be them if they do it that way.
I don't really know how to handle it but I feel as though I should say something.

No, you're not wrong to feel that way....you want to celebrate with your entire family and friends, not just them. I think you'll have to talk to them and explain with others' work and distance issues, a weekend date is best for you. It sounds to me like they're trying to squeeze you in, not make you a priority....and while I know you won't turn into Bridezilla or anything, you are the bride, and the shower is for you.

Uponastar

Morning Stephie! :kiss:
It sounds to me that your aunts are thinking of this as sort of a "their side" of the family thing. Maybe then "the other side" can do its own thing at a different time? Have invitations been sent yet? If not, maybe you can engineer this a bit so that you can have two separate showers. If not, you'll have to make it clear that you want your sister there (they should see that!!!!) but you'll probably ruffle a few feathers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom