Major water break near Big Thunder Mountain RailRoad 12-11-2013

Rob562

Assuming this wasn't sarcasm...

The water also feeds their fire control sprinklers, so I don't think that's necessarily going to happen.

Since the attraction remained open, the leak probably wasn't a water main to the entire attraction. If they didn't have any water service, they would've closed it. I'm with those who think it was a water line to a water feature like the water flowing through the water troughs that you walk under in the queue.

Reminds me of a time a few years ago when I was walking through Riverside. The big fountain in front of one of the mansions (Acadian House?) was overflowing and the water was running over to a nearby storm drain. Presumably the float valve that keeps the water at a consistent level broke and left the feed line run constantly, leading to the overflow. (I walked over to a nearby house phone and dialed Maintenance to let them know)

-Rob

WDWVolFan

Really wow.

sw.jpg
Maybe the cars go faster under water?

tissandtully

AT&T's cell coverage in Disney was/is crap, (I had them up until last weekend) but it should be getting better and Disney has teamed up with them to start handling some of their data loads in the parks.
Not sure where you've been, but AT&T service on property was outstanding this past weekend. I can tell they've added more capacity and coverage after the sponsorship deal.

montyz81

In my 17years of visiting, I have never encountered this. I will have to say, saw a lot of managers out there assessing the situation and doing their best to maintain order.
Perhaps FEMA is needed on sight. It is a water main break, don't everyone get too excited. Perhaps plumbers installing the pipes for the new restroom area misunderstood and "tangled" the pipes underneath not realizing that just the area was called Tangled. It all backed up into BTMRR as a result!

deix15x8

My AT&T coverage in October seemed fine. Never lost signal. I have a limited data plan on my iPhone5 since I'm always around wifi so I can't speak to the data speeds on their network. I can say though, that Disney's wifi was horrendous the entire time regardless of if we were in a park, hotel, restaurant, or even time of day.

Buried20KLeague

Quite true. I could normally get about 36 hours out of a charge on my phone that I had. At Disney I was lucky to get 12 due to going in and out of signal so much.

Same issue with me. And that was right after I had a new battery put in the phone. It got to the point where I turned wifi off completely, and then put it on airplane mode later on because of the cell signal, only turning it on from time to time when I needed it for any reason.

Jakester

Original Poster
Regarding the video, WDWMAGIC iPhone app won't let me post it, I cannot find the URL Embed for YouTube, but if you look up "Magic Kingdom Big Thunder Mountain Water Break" you'll find the video.

The video was posted 12-11-2013 and the length is exactly 4:19

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom