News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This strength of this storm is beyond belief. In a few hors to increase from sustained winds of 150 to 180 MPH is unheard of. That along with its slow pace leave me extremely worried about the Bahamas. I hope the Disney fans step up, we all spend a fortune on Disney and Universal vacations so there should be no excuse not to help those in need in the Bahamas. Also we should be ready to help those in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas. I expect Disney to make a contribution too, especially since they own 2 Islands and have cast members directly affected.

Those permanent residents on Castaway Cay were evacuated, no doubt.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Well MCO lifted their 2am Monday ban. That wasn’t smart. Now all those people are forced to go to work who thought they would have time to prepare. Could be a PR disaster If this thing plows up the coast on land.

I would have let the closure stand until it was certain the storm wasn't going to either come ashore or scrape the coastline.

The NHC track has the eye 20 miles offshore from Ft. Pierce. Which shows tropical storm level winds in the Orlando area.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I would have let the closure stand until it was certain the storm wasn't going to either come ashore or scrape the coastline.

The NHC track has the eye 20 miles offshore from Ft. Pierce. Which shows tropical storm level winds in the Orlando area.
Exactly. Leave it as is at this point.

What they should have done is waited to make the decision. The airlines self police themselves so it’s really about the local workers who can handle a little more before a decision is made in my opinion

rickdrat

Still hoping for a run up the coast and then out to sea with minimal impacts for the mainland. Be great if it happens, but as a cautionary tale to the Itoldyousoers waiting in the wings, you'll recall just last week Dorian wasn't expected to survive being ripped apart over Hispaniola before choking on dry air and Saharan dust. Now it's almost the strongest storm in Atlantic history and coming dangerously close. The fact is you never know what they're going to do until they do it. To paraphrase Joe Jackson from Field of Dreams, "Look for low and away,.... but watch out for in your ear."

Ya'll play nice and stay safe.

Last edited:

Sped2424

Hang in folks this is gonna be one way to close for comfort ride!

bclane

I've cheated myself by thinking I was being smart for ordering supplies on Amazon and not going to the store. *Surprise* those supplies have been delayed 🤦‍♂️
Same here. I mean we got all our food and water locally, but I ordered extra batteries, lanterns, and stuff like that on Amazon that was supposed to be here yesterday. Now they are saying Monday to Wednesday. I’ll probably get it next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom