News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I might have to bail on this trip, even though i'd arrive Friday ahead of it, I was going to leave Tuesday AM which might be tough.

Can you delay your departure until Wednesday? The storm should clear Florida and areas after that by then. But I agree, the last thing you want is to follow Dorian back to Atlanta.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Can you delay your departure until Wednesday? The storm should clear Florida and areas after that by then. But I agree, the last thing you want is to follow Dorian back to Atlanta.
It might be tough for my better half to take another day off but that is an option for sure to consider

donsullivan

Premium Member
If you are onsite, you should prepare supplies and snacks in your room to last you 24-36 hours. Based on the most recent track it’s highly likely you’ll be cooped up in your room for quite some time.

as was noted above, there will be CM’s staffing as ride out crew but you need to lower expectations on service and services. The CM’s will be focused on safety and do their best to provide other services but a demanding guest during a hurricane doesn’t help them to keep people safe. Everyone will need to take some personal responsibility and not berate the CM for not having 100% of normal services available.

Todd H

This should be interesting. Me and a few other family members are leaving Friday for a long weekend in St. Augustine. They still want to go but I'm wary myself.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This should be interesting. Me and a few other family members are leaving Friday for a long weekend in St. Augustine. They still want to go but I'm wary myself.
St Augustine floods quite easy. It is the last place I would want to be in a storm. Even a glancing blow from something like this will cause numerous road closures that could last from hours to days.

The picture below is the Bridge of Lions during Matthew.

4944ad9a-536d-4130-b842-1ddf84b5becd-large16x9_APTOPIXHurricaneMat_Doty.jpg

Todd H

St Augustine floods quite easy. It is the last place I would want to be in a storm. Even a glancing blow from something like this will cause numerous road closures that could last from hours to days.

The picture below is the Bridge of Lions during Matthew.

4944ad9a-536d-4130-b842-1ddf84b5becd-large16x9_APTOPIXHurricaneMat_Doty.jpg

We're staying close to I95 so we're a bit away from the downtown area. Wonder if we'd be OK there Monday?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I wouldn't chance it -- Gov Scott will likely call for an evacuation of the entire East Coast of the state. I-95 will be a parking lot.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We're staying close to I95 so we're a bit away from the downtown area. Wonder if we'd be OK there Monday?
You should be fine as long as you don't mind staying in the room. Pretty much anywhere east of the intercoastal waterway is going to be pretty bad.

Gabe1124

We are heading down on Friday and leaving on Wednesday. I am sure the parks will close a day or two, but what are the odds our flight home is affected on Wednesday? We are from the midwest so not really familiar with Hurricane patterns and how long they tend to stay around?

JohnD

I would say that if you were arriving on Sunday/Monday, it would be a problem.

Arriving Thursday means you wont be traveling through the disruption, which is a good thing. Where are you staying? The Disney hotels are extremely well built, and they will take great care of you. But expect the possibility of park closures should things stay as they are.

You may want to update your front page story with the live map from the NHC:

174436_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom