Major Changes to Phase 2 of Fantasyland Project?

SeaCastle

The reason Screamscape just now posted this is because Lance is friends with Chris, the creep that runs Amusement Insider (and rudely posts on here occasionally). Chris has been skeptical about this site's info, but now that he's apparently heard it from his source, he has posted it to his website, and Screamscape was informed of it.

In Chris's defense, the posts he does make on WDWMagic are quite informative. It's unfortunate that some of the posters here have to give insiders a hard time when doling out information. I understand the skepticism when new information is put out, but kind words can go a long way.

Did a very quick shopping of what the new coaster might look like (in the original artwork)
5095534006_aa81c1ecbe_b.jpg

Im curious to know if this "rollercoaster" is just rumor at the moment or is it going to be made?
I had another question but old age has got me and i forgot lol

Tom

Beta Return
Im curious to know if this "rollercoaster" is just rumor at the moment or is it going to be made?
I had another question but old age has got me and i forgot lol

I find it safe to say that it's much more than a rumor at this point. More than one of our trusted sources have confirmed the validity of the project.

Whether it makes the FINAL cut is yet to be determined, since nothing is official until the day they open it to guests, but of all the blue sky topics floating around, I have the most faith in this one.

And heck, if Pleasure Island is finally getting its long overdue rehab, ANYTHING is possible :lol:

_Scar

Did a very quick shopping of what the new coaster might look like (in the original artwork)

For a good minute I couldn't figure out if this was real or not. This means you passed my Photoshop certification test! Amazing! :p

If we got just half of that I'd be a happy camper!

RSoxNo1

^ Thanks for the kind words. It may look big, but the footprint of where I put the "mountain" is fairly small (about the size of Mermaid). You can see I made trains of 3 mine cars that could each hold 4 or 6 passengers (12-18/train). So it is somewhere between Big Thunder and Barnstormer in scale - as I believe the WDWMagic insiders mentioned.

The trains will be longer than 3 cars each.

Fable McCloud

I'm interested to see this mine coaster, though I am lamenting the fact that I've never been on Snow White's Scary Adventure. I probably won't before it goes, which is the most sad.

BrerFrog

You should send that to ScreamScape. They'd probably believe that was the real plans. :lol:

Don't worry, someone lurking in these forums will probably get that picture and put it under a headline that reads "Leaked Artwork of Changes to Fantasyland Expansion".

jt04

That is hideous. (The placement, not the photoshop)

I would bet it is not going there but if it is it won't look anything like that. Plus it won't be a slightly smaller BTMRR. It will be a kids coaster with no restrictions. I think the rumor of it going into phase 2 has more credibility after seeing this. It just does not work in that location IMO.

Thanks for the photoshop though. OOOOOOOOOh Yeaaaaaahhhh!

Ignohippo

I'm all for a ride in place of a glorified m&g, but I certainly hope it's much more it looks a lot nicer than that (no offense to the fantastic Photoshop work – that's what I would expect it to look like after hearing the concept. You did a great job!).

I still don't understand why TDO couldn't do both, and just put the SW Mine Coaster UNDER the chateau. :shrug: The only reason would be that they are trying to do it on the cheap. I still say you keep the chateau and put the dwarves cottage on the back as the queue house. Build the area up and put the Mine Ride underneath.

I kinda doubt it will be a BTMRR kinda ride. I'm expecting it to be a larger version of the existing dark rides, only with some hills and a little more speed in places. More like a true kiddie-coaster.

ToTBellHop

I kinda doubt it will be a BTMRR kinda ride. I'm expecting it to be a larger version of the existing dark rides, only with some hills and a little more speed in places. More like a true kiddie-coaster.

Kinda like how the (bizarre) Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge at Hershey is mostly a dark ride with a random coaster element at the end?

PKD

This is according to Screamscape, reporting on rumors from another site:

In addition Goofy’s Barnstormer may actually get to keep it’s name, and may be given a minor new theme of Goofy’s performing an aerial circus act, which will fit right in with the new Double Dumbo ride going in next door.

hmmm keeping it's name? Not according to the plans, but it will still be Goofy's attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom