Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

Clamman73

That actually looks more like what they're going to put in the Hub, by the castle, doesn't it?
Possibly...
hubcastle.jpeg

dstrawn9889

and the shape screams hub turret, (since there are no merlons) it will have the top craned on at a later point

Merlon - The high segment of the alternating high and low segments of a battlement. Portion of stonework located between two crenels.

dinefwr13.jpg

:::::edit::: had to change wording to better reflect that merlon is singular

Mike S

Goofyernmost

Yes. Nothing gets past us. Our reflexes are too fast, we would catch it.
Now if everyone one could just get their analysis of purpose to align with the quickness of discovery we would be all set.
I find it funny they appear to be building these in a field.
If I read it correctly, it is actually being built on the old runway that used to exist on property. It is paved and open. You can easily see the old runway from the Epcot Monorail if you know were to look. Just another part of the old WDW abandoned as impractical.
For some reason that never crossed my mind. It does make you wonder why they didn't build them onsite though. Could it really be easier this way?
If you look at old construction video's and pictures it becomes quite apparent that many, many things were built off site whenever they could pre-fab something. Doing it that way now enables them to do work on it during daytime hours at less expense and thus shortening the time it takes to complete.

Last edited:

Progress.City

Photo discovery as of Tuesday, Mar 10. Riding the Epcot monorail you pass by a construction/staging area where the old airstrip used to be in the mid-20th century (east side of monorail). Two towers are being constructed in this area, only visible for a few seconds. My first thought is they could be replacement towers for the Spanish fort inside Pirates of the Caribbean, since they have that shape and turret top, which is why I posted these photos here. However, someone else might have a better clue (i.e., movie prop, future attraction, something completely different). The tower on the left is still metal framework. The tower on the right has a outer covering.

View attachment 86337

in this photo, you see the right tower with the "turret top" shape.

View attachment 86338

Members of the forum....I have moved my post/photos for these towers to the hub redevelopment forum, as I am now convinced that is their purpose. I recommend continuing the discussion at that forum, vice cluttering the Pirates of the Caribbean forum topic. Thanks for your help and suggestions.
That's exactly where I saw a big dirt mount several months ago during the late hours of the night of the 24 hour Show Your Disney Side celebration. The mount towered to the height of the towers in your photo (maybe taller). There was a red construction fence around it. The whole area was lit up with bright construction lights. It was visible through the trees because of the light. Now, I'm even more curious what it is!

Disvillain63

[QUOTE"betty rose, post: 6570479, member: 101585"]I got drenched, the last time I rode in the first row....Had no idea it was coming....[/QUOTE]
This happened to us. Now we will ask to be placed in another row besides the front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom