Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

Chef Kronk

Sorry to bump this, but I rode PoTC last night and there were some big issues:

-Mist Effect completely broken. Only the voices of Barbossa and Davy Jones could be heard.

-Plenty of standing water in the boats, close to an inch. Lot of people complaining.

-Mermaid scene broken. Sound was very iffy here.

Pretty disappointing, but everything else was very good. I sat in 3rd row and did not get soaked.

ChristianG

-Mist Effect completely broken. Only the voices of Barbossa and Davy Jones could be heard.

-Plenty of standing water in the boats, close to an inch. Lot of people complaining.

Pretty disappointing, but everything else was very good. I sat in 3rd row and did not get soaked.

Besides the standing water they sound like quick and easy fixes to me. Hopefully they just fix them in a timely manner.

peter11435

There is no mermaid scene anymore. The music is still there but the projection and water effects were removed.

Cesar R M

I've ridden three times this week... no more than a film of water in the bottom of the boats, didn't have to worry about taking on water, no huge splash. Mermaid music only worked on today's ride. Mist screen was off today, but the sound played.

Those white ceiling vents are really terrible.
seems the refurbishment bliss didnt last long..

MerlinTheGoat

Big refurbs are nice, but you still have to have day/night crews to continually monitor and fix things as they break during normal operation. And as it stands, Disney execs got rid of a lot of those timely crews and policies that prevented these sorts of issues from recurring over multiple ride throughs (or at least reduced them to such an extent that rides remain broken far longer than they should)...

I tried to ride it yesterday but sadly it broke down and I didn't have the time. So I still haven't experienced it post-refurb.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'll take those two things being iffy at the beginning if it means the animatronics look as good as they do. The ride was really in great shape overall.

I wish I was able to enjoy the ride when I was on it... each time I was more worried about the water or the boat leaning so much. You got lucky (or I got unlucky... maybe both). seems to be random based on reports though

Monorail_Red_77

I heard that the boats are going to be replaced with new ones that eliminate the standing water that they seem to be taking on. It will be an expensive refurb as each boat is going to have micro projectors mounted just under the railings so that they can project images of standing water onto the floor of the boats to make it feel as thought the boats are taking on water.

LOL

:cautious: :eek: :jawdrop:

Cosmic Commando

I wish I was able to enjoy the ride when I was on it... each time I was more worried about the water or the boat leaning so much. You got lucky (or I got unlucky... maybe both). seems to be random based on reports though
I don't doubt other people's experiences, but I never ever would have guessed anything was wrong with the boats based on my rides. The sides of the boat were about six inches or more above the water, and I didn't notice any tipping at all. The boats were all reasonably full.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don't doubt other people's experiences, but I never ever would have guessed anything was wrong with the boats based on my rides. The sides of the boat were about six inches or more above the water, and I didn't notice any tipping at all. The boats were all reasonably full.

well I have been on Pirates since the new boats and not had any problems either... until my trip a few weeks ago... not sure if it was how they loaded the boat and all the fatties (like me lol) were more on one side or what it was... but the boat had a lot of water in the bottom as we loaded... so much I told my daugher to pick up her feet cause she was wearing sandals and it was sloshing around and then after the drop is when the boat started leaning bad to the right as it makes the turn that way... so much that the people in the boat shifted to the left thinking something wasn't right here. I'd say we were about 1in from the water level before adjusting. Very much different than any other time I had experienced it

not a good feeling - and I can tell you it kept us from riding it again that trip

Rescue Ranger

Been here since Saturday and the mist with Jones and Blackbeard hasn't worked once. Not impressed. Seems rather simple of an effect that should NOT be happening so often. Seems every trip this is the case.

We will see tonight. Mine train was down too last night. Same like last trip. Not good pattern.

DisneyFans4Life

Been here since Saturday and the mist with Jones and Blackbeard hasn't worked once. Not impressed. Seems rather simple of an effect that should NOT be happening so often. Seems every trip this is the case.

We will see tonight. Mine train was down too last night. Same like last trip. Not good pattern.
The mist with Jones and Blackbeard has always been hit or miss when we go. It's still a fun ride though, and something that my family and I always look forward to riding.

Castle Cake Apologist

Would it really be the worst thing in the world if the mist projection just... never came back? :cool:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom