Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

ChristianG

I think it all looks better in this picture provided by Mousesteps on twitter:
CTBL0KqUwAAOXtx.jpg

I think the panorama from earlier kind of "stretched" everything out and made it look empty. Also, I believe the closer you get to the castle, the farther apart the turrets become. It's all perspective, I guess.

note2001

I think it all looks better in this picture provided by Mousesteps on twitter:
CTBL0KqUwAAOXtx.jpg

I think the panorama from earlier kind of "stretched" everything out and made it look empty. Also, I believe the closer you get to the castle, the farther apart the turrets become. It's all perspective, I guess.

Thank you for posting their pic here. Those towers certainly upped the Holiday light Wow! factor.

ToTBellHop

The wide open area in front of the castle now makes it look like a zombie horde slowly being drawn to the castle by all the twinkly lights.
I will say, one thing I notice is the lack of the lights on the hub trees that they added last year (obviously because the trees are now gone). I think the lights on the new turrets are more striking than the ones on the trees, though. And this year we have twinkle lights back on the further-out trees after years without them. So for me, it's a net gain.

roj2323

Dropped by MK tonight and the walls were down by both ramps. The ramps were instead blocked by rolling hedges. By the looks of things the ramps will be open in the next day or two even though they are far from done on close inspection.

Here's a photo i took and ran through a bunch of filters so you could actually see what was going on:
image.jpeg

Last edited:

articos

Is anyone else less than enthused with the look of the "railings/walls" on the new castle ramps? They look rather utilitarian and bleak. I hope whatever finishing work they have left will make them look a little nicer. Did they need to make them solid for safety reasons?

They don't look at all graceful or elegant like they used to be.

View attachment 117789
They are not finished yet.

EdC

I'm still surprised that things are under construction. They'll probably finish the ramps just in time for the holidays at this pace.

articos

I am guessing they put up something temporary so they could get the ramps open for the holidays and will replace them with something permanent next year?
No, just not done yet. There's still enough time before the holiday crowds arrive to get it finished up, although in today's environment that's not a concern - as long as the pathways are open to not cause bottlenecks, whether or not the look is finished isn't a big deal. The inserts that are in were put in as soon as possible because there's a drop and they were scheduled and ready, taking care of a safety concern. They have more work to do on the aesthetics and finishing the rails, including the open sections which are different from what's already installed, and the project should be done on time. Construction progress ebbs and flows, as you know. It's just not finished yet. :)
Good to hear from you again. I haven't seen you on here for quite sometime. I thought you had permanently disappeared back into the mist.
I'm still around, just busy the past months. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom