Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I really hope so. I know we are in a growing phase right now, but we are going the 20th-25th for my friend's 30th and the thought of Partners in a box is such.a.bummer. Would love to at least see that bit finished up by the time we get there. With the 24 hr party that Friday, I'm thinking this is prob a reasonable expectation.

It's packed for shipment, TWDC is going to melt down the 'Partners' statue so they can cast a model of the bull on Wall St so the park properly represents the company values, i.e. the stock price...

michael.fumc

Here is the art concept
treasurer-clipart-63_Free_Retro_Clipart_Illustration_Of_Man_Carrying_Big_Bag_Of_Money_With_Dollar_Sign.jpg

articos

I was at the park yesterday and while pretty much everything was the same there was one interesting bit to share. Currently the switch in the middle of the Hub has steel plates welded over it. View attachment 92317
Believe it's protecting a vulnerable spot in the track while there is heavy equipment driving over it nightly as they finish the inner hub.

Goofyernmost

Believe it's protecting a vulnerable spot in the track while there is heavy equipment driving over it nightly as they finish the inner hub.
Finally, someone with logic. I also doubt that they are welded either. If you had any idea how much those steel plates weigh, I doubt that there would be any need for them to be fastened. No one is going to stub their toe on them and have them move out of place.

articos

Finally, someone with logic. I also doubt that they are welded either. If you had any idea how much those steel plates weigh, I doubt that there would be any need for them to be fastened. No one is going to stub their toe on them and have them move out of place.
Thank you. Truthfully, they sometimes tack weld the plates to the track - they have in the past. Why, I have no idea. Like you said, they're not going anywhere.

Monorail_Red_77

Thank you. Truthfully, they sometimes tack weld the plates to the track - they have in the past. Why, I have no idea. Like you said, they're not going anywhere.
I wonder if it is like when they do utility work on roadways. I have seen where they use these large metal plates over the roadway so cars can drive over them and then when they close down a lane for construction they just pop up the metal and continue their work. This way they don't have to keep filling in the hole each day. In this case I think that they are doing the concrete work underneath and would rather put down the metal plates so that it does not impact guest traffic as much as walling off a section. Then they can pop up the plates and continue working on the concrete, etc.

articos

I wonder if it is like when they do utility work on roadways. I have seen where they use these large metal plates over the roadway so cars can drive over them and then when they close down a lane for construction they just pop up the metal and continue their work. This way they don't have to keep filling in the hole each day. In this case I think that they are doing the concrete work underneath and would rather put down the metal plates so that it does not impact guest traffic as much as walling off a section. Then they can pop up the plates and continue working on the concrete, etc.
Similar principle, yes, but I don't believe there's any digging going on here as far as I know. Could be wrong.

Monorail_Red_77

Similar principle, yes, but I don't believe there's any digging going on here as far as I know. Could be wrong.

I was thinking it was just some concrete re-work to the new beige sand color. I didn't mean major underground work. Just that the plates are used in other form of construction work with a similar purpose to provide some type of traffic over some work being done underneath. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom