Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

dstrawn9889

and drop the worlds largest leaves that at least dont clump together... good choice (magnolia leaves tend not to mat, just blow around)

ToTBellHop

Orlando Theme Park News has a photo update that shows the work at the hub.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/07/magic-kingdom-update-tomorrowland.html

In this picture you can see the start of a foundation for something.

sKRCSV7.jpg
It's the start of Bald Mountain, actually. JT was right.

CTXRover

Railings are now back up around the garden areas near Casey's. Hopefully flowers will be coming back next too. No more guests sitting in the grass.

It's a bronze railing instead of the traditional Main Street green railing of before. Either it is yet to be painted or I suspect more than likley that this is the type of railing we can expect to be used around the new hub, at least based on the concept video Disney released.

TP2000

Railings are now back up around the garden areas near Casey's. Hopefully flowers will be coming back next too. No more guests sitting in the grass.

I just knew that had to be a temporary construction thing! They couldn't have been that stupid to think that would be acceptable permanently.

Rob562

Why the hell did it take so long?

Could be any number of reasons...

They wanted to keep the area open and available because some walkways were closed off by construction walls around Casey's...
They had to work on that section because of the Casey's refurb but the railings hadn't all been fabricated yet...
There was a fabrication mistake and part of it had to be re-cast...

Some people jumped to the "Oh my God why would they remove those that's the worst decision ever what were they thinking" over-reaction bandwagon. No matter the reason they were gone temporarily, the railings are back. Everyone should be happy.

-Rob

KingdomofDreams

Orlando Theme Park News has a photo update that shows the work at the hub.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/07/magic-kingdom-update-tomorrowland.html

In this picture you can see the start of a foundation for something.

sKRCSV7.jpg

Wow... knew about the Hub, knew about Small World, knew about Astro Orbiter in Tomorrowland. Had no idea about the work in Adventureland as well. Is there anywhere not covered in tarps and walls? Anyone know when the tarps may be coming off Small World and Adventureland?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wow... knew about the Hub, knew about Small World, knew about Astro Orbiter in Tomorrowland. Had no idea about the work in Adventureland as well. Is there anywhere not covered in tarps and walls? Anyone know when the tarps may be coming off Small World and Adventureland?

These days there is pretty much always something behind tarps. In some ways this is a good things.

KingdomofDreams

These days there is pretty much always something behind tarps. In some ways this is a good things.

In the grand scheme of things, it is a very good thing. They just let things go for so long that now they're obviously trying to catch up and unfortunately it's resulting in tarps, walls and piles of dirt everywhere. I'm sure we'll still enjoy our trip very much, but Magic Kingdom definitely won't be quite as "magical". If they'd just kept things as they should have through the years it wouldn't all need to be done at once, so from that perspective it's somewhat aggravating, but at least finally something is being done.

tl77

When they get done with the hub and add the new towers in front of the castle any chance the new projection show will include any of this stuff from the new Tokyo Disneyland show? it's pretty impressive

Rob562

When they get done with the hub and add the new towers in front of the castle any chance the new projection show will include any of this stuff from the new Tokyo Disneyland show? it's pretty impressive

If you're strictly talking about whether the towers will be included in the projection show, I guess it depends on whether the towers are located within the range of the existing projectors. If they are, then it would simply be a matter of including them with any new show design. If they're not (and I suspect they're not), then they would require new, dedicated projectors.

-Rob

Crazydisneyfanluke

The current angle of the projectors would only project the image onto the castle, but after the hub construction is complete i believe that the new towers will be in the way of some of the imaging. I made a quick picture of the angles of the projectors and the location of the spirals based off of the concept art.
Red is projectors
Purple is the towers.
Screenshot (2).jpg

jt04

The current angle of the projectors would only project the image onto the castle, but after the hub construction is complete i believe that the new towers will be in the way of some of the imaging. I made a quick picture of the angles of the projectors and the location of the spirals based off of the concept art.
Red is projectors
Purple is the towers.
View attachment 58423

Nice. As soon as I saw the new hub artwork that included the towers I assumed they would be for enhancing any castle show. Perhaps speakers and more.

Nice drawing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom