Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

cmoliver68

Photo update as of Wednesday, Sept 9. The center of the castle forecourt was open today for guests, with castle stage shows taking place. A temporary stage extension is in place for this weekend's Night of Joy concerts. Low construction walls are still on either side of the forecourt as the ramps are still under construction.

View attachment 110139
Didn't take photos but rebar is in place for the east side ramp so I would expect concrete soon. West ramp is still dirt.

Donaldfan1934

Photo update as of Wednesday, Sept 9. The center of the castle forecourt was open today for guests, with castle stage shows taking place. A temporary stage extension is in place for this weekend's Night of Joy concerts. Low construction walls are still on either side of the forecourt as the ramps are still under construction.

View attachment 110139
Please tell me that those Banners are temporary as well. Right now, it looks like they've made an already obnoxious stage even more obnoxious.

Monorail_Red_77

Any guesses on when the crane will appear? Heading there October 8-13th and hoping it will be gone by then!

Don't know if this has been answered yet. But, I just got back from a 4 day trip to the World. The crane was setup behind the castle, to the right by Sir Mickey's. They have already installed some of the light netting for the Christmas castle lights. Will post pics soon.

Monorail_Red_77

That looks great! Is that real brass on the tips of the rose or is it colored concrete?

It is real brass. It is an inlay. You could see it in earlier pictures as part of the metal framework that outlined the rose. When the concrete was all finished with the pour now all you see is the top edge of the brass. Similar to the compass that was there before, and the compass in the back of the castle as well.

Monorail_Red_77

They're for Night of Joy, just like pretty much every other obnoxious thing in the hub right now is.

Funny side note about Night of Joy. While on the peoplemover on Tuesday, I noticed that they have setup a temporary stage in the same location as the former Tomorrowland stage. You know, where Buzz does his Meet and Greet. There are doors on either side of his area that are opened up when needed. In this case for guest access to the stage area. I think its kinda funny that they felt the need to remove this location as the original Tomorrowland stage to build the eyesore that is over by Astro Orbiter. Yet, they build temporary one in the same location as the old one. Guess it is still a good location after all. I know, I know. They need all available space for all of the music acts happening at the same time.

SpaceMountain75

Don't know if this has been answered yet. But, I just got back from a 4 day trip to the World. The crane was setup behind the castle, to the right by Sir Mickey's. They have already installed some of the light netting for the Christmas castle lights. Will post pics soon.
Thanks for the info! That must mean they're putting them on overnight, right? I've been stalking Instagram for pictures of the crane but I haven't found any.

WhatJaneSays

I don't think it necessarily means it will be open by the start of MNSSHP but probably by the end. This just keeps from having to print two maps for a special event. The official park maps still do not have those areas.
There have often been multiple maps for recurring events. Last year I think there were 3 different MNSSHP maps for various dates. But it is weird that the next stage of the Hub is included in the map for the even but not the regular maps yet.

Last edited:

ABQ

I know most of the focus has been around the castle forecourt and all, but has anyone seen the previously big blank wall (east side of the Plaza restaurant) at the entrance to the bypass, I know they had begun working it, to dress it up a bit, how has that progressed?

wogwog

I know most of the focus has been around the castle forecourt and all, but has anyone seen the previously big blank wall (east side of the Plaza restaurant) at the entrance to the bypass, I know they had begun working it, to dress it up a bit, how has that progressed?
Still covered with a blank scrim. Scaffolds are behind the scrim. As of this morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom