Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

jt04

There's a light broken and no one has noticed, yet.

Yes. Seriously. I've seen this happen a few times. It's annoying.

I suggest quality LED lighting. Hardly ever burns out. And some are smart and can probably text when they need to be swapped out. Cause we are in the future now.

Last edited:

bakntime

I find it funny that people were concerned about the butchering of the landscape, considering that the landscape was already ruined when the trees left. The hub expansion had added flowers and trees and fountains. Definitely an improvement.
It's always been a problem in the hub that tall trees basically ruined the views of the fireworks. I remember a trip of mine (must have been in the 90s) where several different children were complaining they couldn't see the fireworks because the trees were in the way.

The hub is/was beautiful with giant trees in the middle of it, but it's just not practical. I can live with the current scenario, which is more flower beds, more short trees and shrubbery, and a few slightly taller trees and foliage around the perimeter where they won't block views of the castle/fireworks.

ToTBellHop

It's always been a problem in the hub that tall trees basically ruined the views of the fireworks. I remember a trip of mine (must have been in the 90s) where several different children were complaining they couldn't see the fireworks because the trees were in the way.

The hub is/was beautiful with giant trees in the middle of it, but it's just not practical. I can live with the current scenario, which is more flower beds, more short trees and shrubbery, and a few slightly taller trees and foliage around the perimeter where they won't block views of the castle/fireworks.
Me too. It's a vast improvement over what we've been dealing with for 10 years. Now we have more folliage and more room to walk. The situation was getting dangerous and with MK attendance continuing to spike, this project could not have waited.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I shall cast my judgement on the new hub when I am there in Sept, see what difference it has made from the last time I was there (2012)

gmajew

Premium Member
Seeing it in person definitely changed my mind, for the better, about this project.

I have been saying that since March when I saw it first hand. The pictures do not give it justice and with every step it gets better and better. I will always miss the old but this project is being done first class and the results will be terrific for years to come as stuff continues to grow and fill.

Fox&Hound

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but do they still have pathways to create on the NE and NW sides of the castle? I understand they put in new paths on the Southern half of the hub to create a 2nd outer ring, but, am I correct, that they still have to do that on the Northern half of the hub? Am I making sense??? =)

WDWreed

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but do they still have pathways to create on the NE and NW sides of the castle? I understand they put in new paths on the Southern half of the hub to create a 2nd outer ring, but, am I correct, that they still have to do that on the Northern half of the hub? Am I making sense??? =)
They are currently doing the sections of the new outer ring on the northern half. Here's a shot from @Brian a few pages back of the current state of the NE section:

3ka0sCP.jpg

Kman101

I'd have to guess they want it all done by the time the Halloween parties start in September but that's just me. I swear i've seen somewhere August/September but I have no true info on the matter.

wogwog

Dream Along With Mickey scheduled restart is 8/19. That date could slide a bit if needed at no cost to Disney. However it must be done by 9/11 and 12 due to a high profit hard ticket Night of Joy event and 9/15 starts the Halloween hard ticket parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom