Main Street Electrical Parade

TTA94

WDW has plenty of storage, not sure if you’ve been back there or not. They kept DEP, MiSi, FoF, and holiday floats back there sufficiently.
The problem was when DEP came and then they put Spectro in temporary storage which led to its demise.

Must look pretty empty back there now a days :rolleyes:. Hopefully MiSi gets moved into a temporary storage tent and suffers Spectros demise. Good riddance.

Goofyernmost

Must look pretty empty back there now a days :rolleyes:. Hopefully MiSi gets moved into a temporary storage tent and suffers Spectros demise. Good riddance.
It's possible that they are building a new parade in there. It has to be built someplace. I know they maintain the other parades in there, why not be able to build one there.

Goofyernmost

Trust me, no new parade is currently being built back there.
No reason not to trust you. I didn't say one was being built there, I merely said that since they have more room then usual there, they could. Sorry, I wasn't able to show the smirk on my face as I typed it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

doctornick

Hardly a new point of view here, I have stated it many times. MSEP music is worlds beyond anything else Mickey has offered at night yet. Spectromagic IS a Waltz. There is nothing wrong with waltz, but it is NOT parade music. I liked the Spectro floats just fine, but the music, so many orders of magnitude beneath MSEP

Count me among those who greatly prefer the music of MSEP to Spectro. Parade music should be a lot more upbeat than the Spectro soundtrack.

mm52200

I must say @brb1006 is by far the biggest Spectromagic supporter in this whole forum.

But about all the PTN coming to WDW posts, it won't happen in MK and it's highly unlikely in DHS, cause if the Mac truck is too big to fit in MK's streets how do you think it'll fit down Hollywood Blvd?
It’s more about being able to make specific turns. The MK parade route has a lot of tight turns, specifically coming off the Liberty Square bridge into the hub.
Hollywood Boulevard is wide enough but being able to make the turn from Hollywood Boulevard into the the Sids gate might be tight.

Touchdown

How many of you have actually seen all three parades in person?

You can’t judge them without actually experiencing them. PTN turns Disneyland (I haven’t seen it at DCA) into a rave party, unlike the forced clapping to the music done by MK cast for MSEP it happens organically, kids dance to the beat, and it fills the crowds with euphoria. I’ve yet to run into someone during the aftermath who wasn’t in a good mood, it brings down the house and it does so because of the amazing floats and costumes, the only two units that don’t feature at least one amazing float or costume are Monsters Inc and Frozen (which is now gone.). I haven’t seen Tokyo’s Dreamlights, but PTN is my current favorite Disney electric parade.

It does not have my favorite soundtrack however, that goes to Specto. I love the waltz and the regal feeling it brought. MK and DL are two different parks with two different clientele. DL is full of local AP visitors, MK is full of tourists doing their only Disney trip. For the happiest place on earth the rave like atmosphere works, but I don’t think it would work in Florida. The most magical place on earth deserves something more formal, I really hope that we get the spiritual successor to Specto that PTN was to MSEP. It also needs to fit thematically with Happily Ever After, which is epic in scope and fits MK well, given that the same people who worked on that show are likely working on this parade (after they finish Illuminations 2019) I have high hopes.

Last edited:

TTA94

It’s more about being able to make specific turns. The MK parade route has a lot of tight turns, specifically coming off the Liberty Square bridge into the hub.
Hollywood Boulevard is wide enough but being able to make the turn from Hollywood Boulevard into the the Sids gate might be tight.

I don’t see how DHS would ever get PTN, unless it was temporary like Pixar Fest. With Soundsational and WoC returning next year, Pixar Plays future unknown and Galaxies Edge opening... maybe WDW might pick up Pixar Fest?

As for MKs parade route is it possible the Mac float could fit if it didn’t go around the hub and instead cut through on the left side of the hub onto the Liberty Square Bridge? I know that would cut off a lot of the viewing area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom